Reaction score
The questions and comments we get.....
1) "So when are you two going to start trying for a baby?"
2) "You guys are next!"
3) "When are you gonna get one of those (little kid or baby)?"
4) "That looks like it comes natural for you!"
And my least favorite one-
5) "You're the only ones left, it's time!"

So what are your responses to questions and comments like this? Mine range from smartass to trying to make them feel bad. So here are my usual responses-
1) "When are you?" (regardless of their age or status...lol)
2) "...no *sigh* and *ho-hum, kick a stone*."
3) "When one gets delivered to me."
4) "Yep, I was the surrogate for this one." (when I'm with one of my 'neices')
and lastly-
5) "Yeah, it's time for us to get new friends...haha *nudge nudge*."

Hope this helps lighten up the stresses of being asked these kind of questions-tell us your responses, whether you've used them or just want to use them (but are too nice to) :muaha:

Depends what time of the month they catch me - if AF has just arrived the answer to all of them would be 'f@%$ off!'

I normally just smile and try to change the subject. Grrrr....

1) "So when are you two going to start trying for a baby?" - We are having sex what more do you want???
2) "You guys are next!" - Probably laugh this one off
3) "When are you gonna get one of those (little kid or baby)?" - When God provides (usually shuts em up cos they think i am a God freak then)
4) "That looks like it comes natural for you!" - Well I worked in a Nursery for a while
5) "You're the only ones left, it's time!" - Definately has to be my most favourite response -: F OFF!
:rofl:

1) "So when are you two going to start trying for a baby?" - We are having sex what more do you want???
2) "You guys are next!" - Probably laugh this one off
3) "When are you gonna get one of those (little kid or baby)?" - When God provides (usually shuts em up cos they think i am a God freak then)
4) "That looks like it comes natural for you!" - Well I worked in a Nursery for a while
5) "You're the only ones left, it's time!" - Definately has to be my most favourite response -: F OFF!
:rofl:

:rofl: :haha: Thank God I don't have to deal with this as my mother(who is a nut job and a control freak!) doesn't think I should have another baby. *rolls eyes* However I suspect that OH's parents might start asking sometime next year...hopefully there wont be a need to b/c hopefully I'm gonna get my BFP this month!

One more for your list that I usually get:
Well you know what they say new house new baby!

(I am on my 4th house in 4 years with dh and no baby!)

Also get:

Q. Your little sister is PG what's wrong with you? A. When i have mine they wont be an accident (perhaps a bit sore this one but hey she is stupid enough to not use protection when she didnt want a baby, also she mc before this one so you thought she would learn her lesson there)
Q. You have been married ages have you not thought about children. A. Yeah but they frown on slavery these days.

I try to ignore them and that bugs them...I'll start a whole new subject....:rofl:

I get asked alot!!!! Me and one other lady are the only ones "left" to get pregnant and we just joke saying....

"god is taking you out of the way...so we can share the spotlight alone"....

Because 7 girls in church were pregnant at once and now there are 4 pregnant right now!

Me and the other lady get along great because we are going through the same fertility issues and treatment

Also get:

Q. Your little sister is PG what's wrong with you? A. When i have mine they wont be an accident (perhaps a bit sore this one but hey she is stupid enough to not use protection when she didnt want a baby, also she mc before this one so you thought she would learn her lesson there)
Q. You have been married ages have you not thought about children. A. Yeah but they frown on slavery these days.

:rofl::rofl: That last one is great!

One more for your list that I usually get:
Well you know what they say new house new baby!

(I am on my 4th house in 4 years with dh and no baby!)

I've heard that one too!! I'm on my 3rd house....

Yeah, my sister got preg so easy (first try, and I don't even think they dtd more than 2 or 3 times), and nobody knows we've been unprotected for 5 years!!! So when I get comments and questions from people who know my sister it's hard to be balanced about my response. I have said things like, "it's not as easy for everyone..." or "Not everyone is so fortunate." But I don't want to grace their often times rude comments with a dignified answer that insinuates that I am trying......

Also get:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:.... co-workers think I'm nuts at the moment... so quiet in here except my sudden burst of laughing quickly turned into coughing/choking!

I tend to get asked that mostly by kids -- they don't ask, just tell "You need to have a baby." My stock answer "I have 7 of them... 6 cats and a dog." OR "Then YOU won't get so much of my time and attention." That usually makes them think... you can see the little selfish demon rear its ugly head in them! :muaha:

Ugh, we have one aquaintance who ALWAYS brings it up. She has no idea that we're trying, but she knows we want kids at some point. Anyway...last time said something my husband smiled and said, "Oh, I'm pretty sure we took care of that last night, right baby?" She felt so uncomfortable, I don't think she'll be asking again! :rofl:

He genuinely feels that his inappropriate answer isn't half as inappropriate as her asking us all the time--and I agree! Just because she gets pregnant every time her husband sneezes in her general direction doesn't mean that everyone else is so frickin fertile!

Ugh, we have one aquaintance who ALWAYS brings it up. She has no idea that we're trying, but she knows we want kids at some point. Anyway...last time said something my husband smiled and said, "Oh, I'm pretty sure we took care of that last night, right baby?" She felt so uncomfortable, I don't think she'll be asking again! :rofl:

He genuinely feels that his inappropriate answer isn't half as inappropriate as her asking us all the time--and I agree! Just because she gets pregnant every time her husband sneezes in her general direction doesn't mean that everyone else is so frickin fertile!

You got it!!!

As regards being fertile...I'm on my first 'real' cycle of TTC and I'm already feeling like I'm turning into a bat...being proped up so much, I might as well hang upside down...I wish it was as simple as a sneeze. :)

The questions and comments we get.....
1) "So when are you two going to start trying for a baby?"
2) "You guys are next!"
3) "When are you gonna get one of those (little kid or baby)?"
4) "That looks like it comes natural for you!"
5) "You're the only ones left, it's time!"

1. Straight after the wedding (we will have been trying for over a year then!)
2. Hopefully after the wedding
3. After the wedding
4. yes i'm practising for after the wedding
5. yes, it is time but after the wedding

Don't know what excuse i will use after the wedding in Feb!

You got it!!!

As regards being fertile...I'm on my first 'real' cycle of TTC and I'm already feeling like I'm turning into a bat...being proped up so much, I might as well hang upside down...I wish it was as simple as a sneeze. :)

HAHAHA, a bat! :rofl:

I wish it was as simple as a sneeze too! It may be more complicated, but hey...this way is a bit more fun, right? ;)

1) When I qualify for maternity leave.
2) One day, probably before I'm 30
3) In a few years hopefully
4) Work gives me lots of practice (I'm a vet!!)
5) Not yet its not!

My other "favourites" are from my mum (bless her!! gggrrrrrr)
If you died tomorrow would you'd regret not having kids wouldn't you? No I'd worry about leaving them motherless.
Seeing as you only have part time work why don't you just have a baby now? Mmm maybe once I've been there long enough to qualify for maternity pay. (Little does she know I agree entirely with her and if I could I would be PG!)
When will I'll get to be a gran? Don't know speak to my brother.
Before we got married I told her we had a date 14mths ahead to which she replied, "oooh, that gives time for you to get pregnant and loose the baby weight before the wedding" I was shocked by that one, she's usually more traditional, I think there's a possibility she may want to be a gran almost more than I want to be a mum!!!!

Because kai is 3 now - I am getting the remarks such as -
'you better hurry up or there will be too big an age gap!'
'He needs a brother or sister to play with aww look at him'
Like - hello....... I'm working on it!!

Yes! You reminded me, my wonderful SIL was persistant in asking me to have a playmate for my neice!! She'll be 3 on the first of the year...so time after time of bringing it up...the question/comment sort of faded away. Now she's old enough that when/if it happens I'm going to have HER tell them I'm preg! Wouldn't that be the coolest and cutest thing!?

Happen on Sunday at the MILs - her friend (who I've met once) asked and MIL was soooo embarrassed and started flapping saying it will happen when it happens. It was quite funny actually

Yes! You reminded me, my wonderful SIL was persistant in asking me to have a playmate for my neice!! She'll be 3 on the first of the year...so time after time of bringing it up...the question/comment sort of faded away. Now she's old enough that when/if it happens I'm going to have HER tell them I'm preg! Wouldn't that be the coolest and cutest thing!?

Awww, that would be SO cute!!!

I love hearing fun stories about how you girls are going to tell your family and friends!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->