Your Routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

vix1989

Baby Christmas <3
Reaction score
Ok ladies i did this thread last year and it was a hit and is bound to make you feel very very christmassy :happydance:

Show us your routine :thumbup:
Heres mine, starting from the day before christmas eve because thats when everything kicks off! :haha:

The Day before christmas eve

5AM- Get up and go to Asda to do the food shop
6:30 AM- Come home do breakfast for myself and kids
7:30 AM- Start cleaning the house from top to bottom (washing windows/curtains ect)
9pm- go to bed early

Christmas Eve
7:00 AM- get up
7:30 AM- put duvets covers in the wash (got to have nice clean beds for father christmas coming!!)
8:00AM- go to asda to get bits and bobs like veg and fruit
8:30AM- pick up turkey and meat hamper
9:30AM- Come home hang duvet covers up to dry then sit with kids and watch some xmas films
11:00AM- Give the kids their xmas eve bags :happydance: and make dinner
1:00PM make xmas biscuits with the kids
2:00pm- wrap family presents left over
4:00pm- family arrive to drop pressies off
5:00pm make a little pinic with the kids on the living room floor
6:30 pm bath time and new jim jams!
7:00pm put mince pie out and carrot, story time and kids bedtime!
7:30pm wrap left over pressies have a shower myself and new jim jams
9:00pm RELAX
12AM put presents out and go to bed!!

Christmas DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

6:00AM- No doubt up with kids to open pressies!
7:30 AM- put turkey in
8:00 AM- play with the kids and make family phone calls!
10:am- Dress myself and kids
10:30 am- start dinner
2:pm- hopefully have dinner
4:00pm RELAX WITH KIDS!!
5:30pm- kids go to their dads and i go to lukes :happydance:

and boxing day.....i dont know yet because ill be at lukes lol

I sooooooooooooooooooooooo know it wont turn out right in the timing but its a rough guide :haha:
this is exactly how things go here :thumbup:

share yours!!

Here is what I am planning this year:

The Day before christmas eve

9AM - Shopping in town for last min presents
3PM - Christmas lunch in the pub with my auntie
7PM - Christmas food shop at sainsbury's
9PM - Come home and do flash cleaning!
11PM - Bed

Christmas Eve
9AM - Start cleaning (hoovering, stairs, windows etc)
12PM - Have picnic in the lounge on the floor
2PM - Bake cookies for sants
3PM - Give Callum his christmas eve bag
3:30PM - Put christmas dvd on for Callum
4PM - Get duvet covers in the wash
7PM - Put duvet covers back on beds
7:30PM - Bath with Callum
8PM - New Pj's on me and Callum
8:30PM - Sprinkle reindeer dust outside, leave mince pies + hang up stocking
9PM - Callum in bed with blankie and christmas book
9:30PM - wrapping!!
12AM - Put presents out

Christmas DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

8AM - Get up and open stockings in bed with callum
10AM - OH comes over and we open the presents from under callum's tree in his room (relative presents
12PM - OH goes home
1PM - Me and Callum open the presents under the lounge tree (santa!)
4PM - Christmas dinner
5PM - Open any left over presents
6PM - Show Callum his brand new Thomas play room + put new toys in there
7PM - Watch Shrek with Callum from his stocking
9PM - Bedtime for Callum
9:30PM - Relax

and boxing day.....all day buffet!

Love reading these!
I don't know what we're doing this year yet, and as it stands OH is working Christmas Day :( but trying to swap it!

oh my god!!! i forgot going into town for last min presents AND reindeer dust!!!
gunna have to squeeze town in the day before xmas eve :)

Love reading these!
I don't know what we're doing this year yet, and as it stands OH is working Christmas Day :( but trying to swap it!

awwwwwwww i really hope he gets it changed!
as soon as you know come back here and give us your routine :thumbup:
:hugs: xxx

Just realised it looks like Callum goes to bed really really late :rofl: Thing is if I put him to bed at 7pm (which i would bloody like!) he's up at 4am :rofl:

Just realised it looks like Callum goes to bed really really late :rofl: Thing is if I put him to bed at 7pm (which i would bloody like!) he's up at 4am :rofl:

Im quite lucky taylor and mia dont go to bed till 7 normally so theyre used to it and get up exactly 6 in the morn but no doubt theyll prob go to bed later then usual lol

I love reading these :)

I will do mine later when I can sit and think xx

I don't actually know how this year is going to turn out so couldn't possibly comment...... lol

Vix will asda be open that early day before xmas eve coz its a sunday this year?!

I love reading these, we don't have a routine yet, but I'm sure by the end of this year we will!

Vix will asda be open that early day before xmas eve coz its a sunday this year?!

eeeeekkkkk i hope so!!
ut oh i never thought of this............yeah they should be........i hope :dohh:

I think on the sunday shops will be open early and late. I remember as a younger child them being open on sunday christmas eve and christmas eve eves because people want last min things and they stay open because its lots of extra money. It's the only exception to the sunday hours x

I think on the sunday shops will be open early and late. I remember as a younger child them being open on sunday christmas eve and christmas eve eves because people want last min things and they stay open because its lots of extra money. It's the only exception to the sunday hours x

Speaking as someone with 8 retail-worker Christmases under my belt, I would not recommend banking on shops being open late on the 23rd Dec and Christmas eve this year. The best advice I could give is - if there are any shops you think you'll need to go to on those days, check their opening hours in advance, they normally have posters up in the week running up to Christmas week.

I think opening hours are down to the individual shop/company/store manager. Of the 2 shops I worked in (both major companies - Currys and H&M) I never worked past 4.30pm on Christmas Eve, regardless on the day of the week.
On a Sunday for Currys their usual opening hours on a sunday were 11-5.30, for H&M their usual sunday opening was 11.30-5, even in the run up to christmas this was only extended by half an hour. Weekdays and Saturdays were different - weekday and Saturday hours were extended by 1 hour at the end of the day. However - on Christmas eve, regardless on what day of the week it was, both of those shops closed at 4pm or 4.30pm (depending on the number of staff who have to rely on public transport and how much Boxing Day sale prep had been done).
From a business point of view, a lot of retail shops do not benefit from being open past 4pm on Christmas Eve because while there are a few people who need the time for shopping, generally speaking the footfall and revenue don't justify the extra staff etc. People who work in shops also have their own families to get home to, and even the biggest companies tend to understand that (Supermarkets being an obvious exception, feel free to correct me).

This of course is just my own experience from 'the other side' so to speak, but both the shops were based in busy towns, and were both the biggest shops in the area for the respective companies. It is also based in Scotland where I think the trading rules are slightly different to England.

This year...as i am not going to Norwich

Christmas Eve eve

Wake up and make breaky
Put bedding in wash
Run out to Tesco to get the last minute bits n bobs
Put ipod in docker and blare out Christmas tunes
Bring prezzies down and put around the tree
Sit and play Warcraft until hubby wakes up
Get all the last bits of cleaning etc done then settle for films and snuggles

Christmas Eve
Wake up 6
Go to work via Dorys for an amazing Bacon and sausage butty
Listen to office idiot annoy the Partners by asking them when do we get to leave (we usually go about 12ish but a few years back he rang each of the partners every 10mins playing them against each other they said normal hours :growlmad:)
Run out of office after telling office idiot i want to go home and not go the the bar with him
Make it home and stick on my comfy fleece socks
Put on Warcraft and NORAD (i am so rock n roll!)
Order Chinese
Put on Christmas films
Bed

Christmas Day
Wake up 8ish and make breaky
Shower and dressed
Watch TV while intermitantly go upstairs and poke hubby to wake up
Get ready to go to in laws
Get fed by inlaws
Open presents
Listen to nephew go on like a spoilt toerag
Come home and go into a food coma

I've no idea this year because I'm cooking dinner from home (which I've never done before :eek: )

This year...as i am not going to Norwich

Christmas Eve eve

Wake up and make breaky
Put bedding in wash
Run out to Tesco to get the last minute bits n bobs
Put ipod in docker and blare out Christmas tunes
Bring prezzies down and put around the tree
Sit and play Warcraft until hubby wakes up
Get all the last bits of cleaning etc done then settle for films and snuggles

Christmas Eve
Wake up 6
Go to work via Dorys for an amazing Bacon and sausage butty
Listen to office idiot annoy the Partners by asking them when do we get to leave (we usually go about 12ish but a few years back he rang each of the partners every 10mins playing them against each other they said normal hours :growlmad:)
Run out of office after telling office idiot i want to go home and not go the the bar with him
Make it home and stick on my comfy fleece socks
Put on Warcraft and NORAD (i am so rock n roll!)
Order Chinese
Put on Christmas films
Bed

Christmas Day
Wake up 8ish and make breaky
Shower and dressed
Watch TV while intermitantly go upstairs and poke hubby to wake up
Get ready to go to in laws
Get fed by inlaws
Open presents
Listen to nephew go on like a spoilt toerag
Come home and go into a food coma

Im glad im not the only one working xmas eve :( 10-5 atm :grr: but aiming for half 8-1.

PS Loveee reading these :happydance:

we don't have a really set routine as such, but it will probably go something like this:

have present shopping and wrapping done WAY before christmas!

sometime over the weekend before, probably saturday, i will leave hayden at home with daddy for some quiality time while i do the food shopping (i don't mind taking hayden, but hubby is banned from food shopping as it takes twice as long and costs twice as much :haha:)
on the sunday, i will bake gingerbread - really looking forward to having hayden help me this year :happydance:

hoping not to be working christmas eve (don't normally work mondays, but not sure if my boss will expect me to have the 2 bank hols as my days off).
in the morning of christmas eve our christmas elf will deliver hayden's new pj's to wear that night
i plan to do as much of the preparation for christmas dinner as i possibly can, so that i am not spending christmas morning in the kitchen.
i want to make the 'festive gobble pie' and have it ready to go in the oven (had a couple of disasters with turkeys the last couple of years, and have reached the conclusion my oven just isn't up to the job, so decided to make a christmassy variation on shepherd's pie, using turkey instead of mince, with a layer of stuffing on top instead of the mashed potato, and possibly a bacon lattice. need a trial run to make sure it's not horrid!); make the pigs in blankets and the stuffing balls, and prep the veg.
after hayden's afternoon nap it'd be nice to have some festive family time, probably with a christmas dvd and some munchies.
once hayden's in bed, will hopefully just need to place the stockings and relax, but expect i will have some last minute stuff i forgot to do! :dohh:

christmas day will most likely be awake long before hayden, waiting for him to wake up! when he does we will fetch him and the stockings into our bed to see what goodies santa has filled them with.
then we will go downstairs and maybe open a present or 2 before breakfast (bacon butties, yum!!!)
then it's pressie time!!! whether or not we open them all in one go depends on hayden (last year it was a bit much for him and we spread it out - he was still opening presents on boxing day!!)
once we are all dressed in our festive outfits (nothing special, just jeans and a cosy jumper) we will open any remaining presents and have fun playing with all the new stuff until i need to start the dinner.
hubby's parents will be round for lunch, and will probably arrive around 11ish. will aim for lunch about 12, as hayden really needs to eat about then.
after lunch there will be more lounging, and possibly some tv. hayden usually naps just after lunch, too.
my parents will probably visit sometime in the afternoon. the rest of the day tends to be pretty lazy with lots of snacking and playing with new toys. maybe some tv.
once hayden is in bed, hubby will probably want to watch the dr who christmas special, so we will settle in for an evening in front of the telly.

we like to do our christmas walk on boxing day, and we will probably venture out to visit the rest of the family, too (my sisters and brother, and their kids) as, since having hayden we have a rule that we don't go anywhere on christmas day, and they all do the same, but hayden will want to see his cousins.

and then i'll be back at work:(

although there is always a big family gathering at my parents' house on new years day to look forward to, complete with big turkey dinner for about 20!

Just bumping this thread as I love it but have no idea how our Christmas Eve will work out this year for us with the new baby........

Come on girls..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"