Your thoughts on this girls name

skye93

DS#1 9/1/13 #2 on the way
Reaction score
So I was dead set on Stella Grace.. but OH and mil hate it, I feel I can't keep it and make oh put up with it for the rest of his life lol

The only other names we agree on are:

Charlotte- then we'd call her Lotte the majority of the time. But in my opinion Charlotte is sooo common now :/

Hazel- but our last name is Hopgood.. Hazel Hopgood? Argh sounds horrid :(

Gracie- a lot of people think it's more a nickname but I'm not keen on just Grace by itself.

What do you all think? I'm 33 weeks now, looking like I will go early this time so really need to decide sooner rather then later!! :shrug:

I LOVE the name Stella so I would keep working on OH... It's irrevelant what mil thinks of the name as it's not her kid, she has no say in the name. My friend has a Lottie (not Charlotte) so that could be an option. I feel Grace is over used so wouldn't use that as a first name personally. Hazel does sound like a bit of a mouthful with your surname.

I like Stella, Hazel and Charlotte

I hate Grace and Gracie

other suggestions inspired by those:

Nova
Violet
Alice
Victoria
Elizabeth
Faith
Hope

I like PP's suggestion of Nova. Really goes with Beau. I hate Stella, sorry! And Charlotte is a bit common, but still nice. Gracie is sweet and I love Hazel. It goes fine with your surname.

I love, love, love the name Gracie. I always have. It's beautiful.

Charlotte may be common but I don't think it should be a deterrent. Meshes very nicely with Grace. FWIW I rather like Stella Grace! :) xxx

I dislike Stella but love Charlotte and Lottie x

Stella makes me think of the high strength lager I'm afraid. Tbh if hubby hates it I'd let it go, you wouldn't appreciate him pushing a name you couldn't stand.

I like the other options too but you do hear a lot of charlottes

We have a h surname too which rules out Hannah. Hazel is nice but alliteration is best kept to cartoon characters.

I love the name Charlotte! And Stella! Great picks!

Ideas:
Poppy
Violet
Elizabeth
Avery
Scarlet
Pamola
Quinn
Rose
Isla

I personally like Charlotte, with the nickname Lotte. Around here Charlotte is relatively popular (not too popular since I work in an infant room and don't have a Charlotte at the moment, but we did have a little one with a sibling who is 4 years old with the name) at the moment, but not with that nickname so it would still be unique I think. Good luck deciding!

Thanks for your input everyone! I will be thinking long and hard about it, possibly being induced at 37 weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->