Your twins development & reaching milestones

chetnaz

Have 3 boys + girl on way
Reaction score
Hello lovely mummies, hope you are all well. :flower:

My lovely boys have recently started to crawl - Kerem (being the younger twin by 4 mins was the first to crawl, and Kaan joined him 6 days later. So far the boys have developed and done things pretty much at the same time, give or take a few days apart. I was just wondering if your twinnies developed and reached milestones pretty close together or did they do things at very different times? (Am I making sense?) Does it make a difference if they are identical? I was told by a lady once that they should do things pretty much at the same time as they are identical, such as crawling, getting their first tooth, etc, and I'm wondering if there's any truth in it.

Also has twin 1 developed quicker than twin 2? Again my GP has told me that twin 1 will be the stronger twin as he's older, but I think that's a load of nonsense to be honest. I can't see how 4 mins will make any difference.

What do you ladies think? What has been your experiences so far. :)

my boys are none identical. they seam to be doing things at diffrent stages. Callum the younger twin by 15mins is the stronger twin he always does things before his brother. he can role in both directions now and sit unaided. callum is also the smaller twin at over 2lb smaller than Euan. the only ting euan has done before his brother is teathing as he now has his 2 front teeth but callum hasnt started teething yet.

xx

My boys are non identical & they have reached all of their development milestones at pretty much the same time. Ben is the older twin by 1 minute and he has reached all of the physical milestones (ie sitting, crawling & walking) about a week or two before Joshua. However, Joshua is about a week or two ahead of Ben with his speech!
Both boys get the same teeth at the same time! Freaky!!

My girl Gabby (baby B, one minute younger than sister Sami) did most things first - rolled over, sat up, crawled, pulled herself up... Most of the Gabby milestones were several weeks before Sami. BUT - once Sami was ready to do something, she was very good at it!!! We used to laugh that she didn't want to do anything she wasn't sure she'd succeed at.

Sami also wound up walking first. From the first day she pulled herself up (4 - 6 weeks after her sister), she wanted to walk. Gabby on the other hand, was very cautious about the whole walking thing. She was holding on to furniture etc and scooting around for almost 2 months before she was ready to take those steps.

Of note, they are fraternal, and Gabby (B) outweighed her sister (A) by 1/2 lb at birth - and is now at least 3 lbs heavier. I don't think birth order has anything to do with it! And mine hit milestones within the "ideal" timelines but not close together to each other.

Hope this helps.

Hi Naz - my boys couldn't be more different in looks and personality. Zach crawled at 6mths, pulled to stand at 7mths and walked at 1. Noah crawled at 11mths (dragged himself along like a slug from 9mths), and is only just now pulling to stand. He is showing no signs of putting one foot in front of the other - his legs are still quite floppy and unstable. Noah is exactly where my older kids were at this age, Zach is streets ahead of any of them.

Also, Zach is trying to copy words, and putting action and sounds to toy cars, planes etc. Noah is much more subtle, and spends time carefully surveying things, looking at books etc Zach would rip a book apart sooner than look at it with any concentration lol. So different, you'd think they were from different parents ;) I'm not sure about ID development - I would imagine that they develop milestones at similar stages, but personality-wise they are surely seperate in every way, much like any other siblings? Interesting question hun x

Thanks ladies. I was just curious really. It's funny as I really thought that Kaan (twin 1 and the heavier of the two) would have done things first, as he seemed alot more sturdy and was able to sit up unaided first. So I was quite surprised that Kerem beat him to it when it came to crawling. Also Kerem's gone from crawling, straight into pulling himself up on furniture and cruising! Kaan only just started to crawl yesterday (6 days after his brother) and although he managed it perfectly well yesterday, he hasn't done it since! I think it's just pure laziness with him to be honest! lol. It's so interesting to see how they are developing and I can't believe how they do exactly the same things. For example we have Boori cotbeds for them and they have a hole (for the different levels you can put the mattresses) and there's a nut that just slots into the whole so it doesn't look ugly. Two days ago Kerem crawled up to it and was stroking the said nut. Didn't think anything of it, looked away, then 5 seconds later, turned to him again, to find the empty whole, no nut! Took one look at Kerem and he was sitting there chewing on it! Heart attack moment. Fished it out of his mouth (don't believe he managed to get it out) and put it back in (stupid me). Yesterday, Kaan bum shuffled up to it, and did exactly the same thing (except that I managed to grab it out of his hand before he stuck it in his mouth)! Wouldn't have thought it was an obvious thing for babies to go for, but found it funny how they both noticed such a small detail and managed to prise it out with their little fingers.

They both seem to be teething at the moment, so we'll see if they both get teeth at the same time.

Hi Naz - my boys couldn't be more different in looks and personality. Zach crawled at 6mths, pulled to stand at 7mths and walked at 1. Noah crawled at 11mths (dragged himself along like a slug from 9mths), and is only just now pulling to stand. He is showing no signs of putting one foot in front of the other - his legs are still quite floppy and unstable. Noah is exactly where my older kids were at this age, Zach is streets ahead of any of them.

Also, Zach is trying to copy words, and putting action and sounds to toy cars, planes etc. Noah is much more subtle, and spends time carefully surveying things, looking at books etc Zach would rip a book apart sooner than look at it with any concentration lol. So different, you'd think they were from different parents ;) I'm not sure about ID development - I would imagine that they develop milestones at similar stages, but personality-wise they are surely seperate in every way, much like any other siblings? Interesting question hun x

Hi Liz, just read your post, was posting at the same time. :) IT's so interesting to hear how different your boys are. My two are quite similar in alot of way, of course there are subtle differences there but they are both very sociable, both smiley babies, both love exactly the same toys, both play in the same sort of way (see my post above about the nut!). I was thinking ooooh he's not crawling yet, but he started to yesterday and 6 days behind isn't really a big difference is it? And i'm sure he could have done it earlier, he's just lazy! That is the major difference with my two. Kerem is the more active twin. He wants to just get up and get on with things and do things without help - he's def the more independant one. Whereas Kaan is more laidback, he could to stuff, he just chooses to let others do it for him (like holding his bottle). BUt other than that difference, they are so alike.

My girls keep me on my toes with development, Chloe usually does things first but Jaycee masters them a lot quicker, an example would be walking, Chloe started walking at 17 months and Jaycee a week later but Jaycee managed to get up and get around a lot quicker and more often than Chloe did.
Same with words and talking, Chloe started first but Jaycee was much better at speaking.

They have always been close together. Jaycee never far behind, even when they were in NNU.

My girls might be closer with milestones but they are completely different, Jaycee is like her dad and Chloe is like me.. They also so play so well on their own and tend to fight and argue together, although a lot better now they are in seperate rooms at nursery.

OMG are you sure that Zach and Fynn arent twins and Noah and Sam - seriously its EXACTLY the same!!

Although Sam is STILL a slug (love that description) and Fynn is yet to walk but they are sooo different and far apart its almost like have two babies five or six months apart lol.

Mine are frats and are opposite in every way possible including development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->