Yummy Dessert Recipes Exchange! :)

Ok - off to look at the first page - whats snickerdoodle cookies?:shrug:

:hugs:

X

I had no idea what snickerdoodle was until DH brought it up a while ago~ it's basically butter/sugar cookie with a coating of sugar + cinnamon~ :thumbup:

https://cdn.taste.com.au/images/recipes/sfi/2006/02/365_l.jpg

150g butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
2 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup raspberries
Butter, to serve

Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease base and sides of a 7cm deep, 11cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
Step 2

Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale. Add egg, in 2 batches, beating well after each addition.
Step 3

Stir in banana. Sift flour and baking powder over banana mixture. Add milk. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Carefully fold in raspberries.
Step 4

Spoon mixture into loaf pan. Smooth surface. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 10 even slices.

I think I'm going to make this as soon as the humidity breaks.

[FONT=&quot]Sugar-free carrot cake recipe
[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot] 160g carrot, grated (for an even healthier version, substitute up to 50% of the carrots with parsnips!! It doesn’t ruin the taste, I promise.)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot] 30ml buttermilk (non-dairy milk works just as well, see note below)*[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot] 60g mashed banana + 40ml oil (I use 20ml olive oil, 20ml rapeseed oil) OR 100ml oil (I use 40ml sunflower oil, 40ml rapeseed oil, 20ml olive oil)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot] 135g dates (not the sweetened ones, just plain dates)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot] ½ tsp vanilla (I use vanilla powder, but you can also use vanilla essence)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot] 2 medium eggs[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot] 135g whole-wheat self-raising flour (or 130g plain whole-wheat flour + 1¼tsp baking powder)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot] ½tsp bicarbonate of soda[/FONT]
  • ¾tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp cinnamon
  • ½tsp ginger (or, if like me you rather like ginger, you can use fresh grated ginger and increase the amount slightly. I just grate it in with the carrots)
  • big pinch of nutmeg

1. [FONT=&quot]Place dates in a small pan with a little bit of water, about 30ml. Simmer for about 10 minutes, adding a little more water if necessary. Do not allow to boil dry. Blend the dates with the remaining water (or add a little more if necessary) to make a paste. I normally use a stick blender.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Mix together the carrots, milk, dates, oil, banana (if used), vanilla and eggs using an electric mixer.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Add all the dry ingredients, and mix again until thoroughly combined.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Bake in a 20cm diameter cake tin in a preheated 190°C oven for 30-40 minutes. Some ovens may require a slightly lower temperature.[/FONT]
dates.jpgcarrot.jpgingredients.jpg
cake.jpg
*if you don't have buttermilk or don't want to use dairy milk, you can use ½tsp cider vinegar mixed with 30ml ordinary milk or a non-dairy alternative (my favourite non-dairy alternative is home-made, additive-free, rice milk)

OOO, ReadyORNot, that looks so good! (and your name makes the Fugees song pop into my head :haha:)

This is a great thread!!

One of my all-time favourite cookies recipes is for "Banana Chocolate Chip Softies"

You can find the recipe here.

These cookies are super easy to make, freeze well, and have a unique soft muffin-like texture! :thumbup:

Mmm~~ I need to start baking again~ all looked soooooooooo good!!

I cannot remember where I found the recipe but it makes a lovely pastry/strudle like dessert!

It is just a rolled out sheet of puff pastry, unless you make your own its easy to buy ready roll, turn over the edges, top with a mix of apricot jam and creme fraiche then scatter blueberries and slices of peaches/apricots. You can mix and match any fruit with jams you like. Pop in a hot oven for about 15mins and all ready. Lovely and light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->