• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zinc for Men and More?

omg!! 30 weeks! wel cant believe i'm nearly 26 myself!!

time went by so fast!! tomorrow it would be 3 months on the dot for me and i cannot wait!! belly is starting to grow fast now and baby moving allot! i can feel im kicking just below my breast bone already so my uterus has expanded quite a bit!

how are you ladies feeling? hows your bodies coping with the growing baby?

Hi Ladies! How are you all doing?

J - Wow! 30 weeks! Exciting!

What are you ladies all doing for prepping now? Nursery? Classes? etc? Any showers lined up already?

Just got back from our babymoon on Thursday and had our 20 week appt. & scan on Friday! I feel like my bump really made it's appearance during the babymoon - all that Hawaiian food! But still strangers seem surprised when they learn I'm pregnant, but friends and family have been commenting this weekend since we got back that I'm showing now!
Learned at the appt. that I have an Anterior Placenta, which just means that the placenta is in front and acts more like a cushion and is harder to feel the baby kick. But I've definitely started feeling "pops" and what I think is baby turning a lot more in the last week.
Other lovely side effects: lower back pain (baby is right up against my spine), legs & feet falling asleep very easily, and blurry vision or dry eye?

Hi ladies, sorry I've been so quiet over the last few weeks. Things have been so hectic I've hardly had any time to sit down! We've been having a dividing wall put in to split our bedroom in half, so we have moved into what used to be the spare room. The builders have been in for the last couple of weeks so everything has been in chaos! And covered in dust! Then on Monday was ds's 3rd birthday! I can't believe my little boy is 3!!! We had a family party last Sat and I cooked dinner for 12! And we also had friends staying last weekend too. Then yesterday we had a party for his friends, and we hired a room and had 30 children/babies!!! So all in all I'm pretty knackered!!!

Anyway, baby wise I'm fine. My sugar levels have been ok too, so fingers crossed! The baby feels very low, and my mw said it's low at the last visit. So I'm finding doing a lot of walking hard work and running is virtually impossible!! It's still very active and wiggles a lot! I'm getting pretty tired now.

Glad you're all ok. Sweetie, your babymoon sounds fun, but what actually is a babymoon?! I've never heard of it!!! What does an anterior placenta mean? Will it affect your labour/birth at all?

Hope your move went ok OP? Have you got a date for finishing work yet?

Wow, only 3 months J! Hasn't time gone quickly! It sounds like you've got a little kicker in there!

Hey girls! Glad to see you're all doing well.

Amanda - glad your sugar levels are low :thumbup: I'm also really tired again now, feel like I'm in first tri again!

Sweetie - sounds like you had an amazing babymoon :flower: glad 20 week scan went well, can't believe you're so far along already seems to be going so fast!

J - glad the bump is getting big, nice isn't it! Hope you're well

Afm - 31 weeks today! I had my antenatal class on Saturday at my hospital, me and my partner had a great time. Very informative, learnt all about positions, complications, how he can support me, how to look after baby after etc a really great day packed wI info. Think my DP feels more prepared now.

Baby has been moving loads now, he feels huge! It's like he's taken over my whole trunk! He's up in my ribs and right down near my hips too! I can see his feet poking out when he kicks, it's amazing. :cloud9:

Haven't started nursery yet as still settling into new flat, plus I've been soo tired! My back has been very sore so I can't sit in the same position for too long now.

Sweetie - I'm booked into weekly Active Birth with yoga classes, plus I go to antenatal aqua fitness classes twice a week. The antenatal class teacher really gave me a kick up the bum to get fitter, for a better birth and stronger mother afterwards :thumbup: I'm also going to breastfeeding classes in November

Amanda - Glad your sugar levels are good! I know I have to watch my sugar intake as this baby seems to have a sweet tooth when I never really did before!

A babymoon is a nickname for a trip you and your SO take before the baby comes. Like your last hurrah, last trip together, just each other, before baby arrives. We actually were planning the trip regardless, and I found out I was pregnant the day DH was booking it. When he wanted to confirm, I told him about the BFP. It became our babymoon because I can't really travel after Dec.

The Anterior Placenta just means the placenta is in front, when I guess it's usually behind the baby. So they said it can just make it harder for me to feel the baby. I also hear that more babies with AP come out face-up, which can cause more tearing, so I will be trying to do pelvic exercises towards the end of the pregnancy to prevent it. I read it happens in almost 50% of pregnancies though, so no big deal.

OP - Wow! You've got lots of classes and prep stuff going on! Oh I feel bad about your back pain! I already have some lower back pain - they see the baby is laying right up against my spine. I can't imagine if it keeps going on till the end! Good luck with settling in the new flat!

Only a couple of months to go for you ladies! I hear this is when things get slow and heavy. Hang in there!

Yes, our babymoon was in Cyprus :)

The placenta and baby will move a lot before you give birth so don't worry, definitely invest in a birthing ball and roll your hips on it, gets baby into a great position before birth, plus very good for your back and opening pelvis during labour. I love my ball!

Yes can't believe how it's only 9 weeks left til due date, scary but so exciting!

Eek just noticed I've moved up another box in my ticker! Only one more to go!

hi ladies!!

glad everyone is doing really well inbetween all that is going on!

we are nearing the end! time has gone by so fast! my little one is really moving allot lately right throughout the day and night. we are booked for our 4D scan next friday and i'm so excited!! we have not really gotten much ready in terms of the nursery but starting slowly to get all his things together.

i'm starting to feel the 3rd trimester coming as well as i am quite tired myself and i went for a run yesterday and could feel the strain on my lower ab muscles. baby is getting heavy and pushing down as well so its quite painfull to move too fast. have to start taking it slow i guess.

cant wait for Dec to arrive so i can go on leave! work is still very stressfull and i really need a break! i'm going to be at home on leave for 3 weeks before he is born which is going to be great so i can rest allot! and then 3 and a half months of maternity leave after that!! cannot wait!!

@OP - Have you been practicing on your birthing ball? Wow! You're almost on your last ticker box!

@J - Do share some of your 4D pics! We'd love to see them! I don't know if we're going to go somewhere else to do the 4D u/s now b/c my OB's office has the capability to do them! They didn't say anything about any extra charge, but at my 20 week appt. the tech tried to get some 4D images for us but baby wasn't cooperating. We only got like 2 good shots of her arm. So, if we can get them at the OB visit included, DH doesn't want to fork out the extra $.

Since I'm past the 20 week mark now, I feel like I'm ready to plunge forward with a lot things now! Working on clearing out the nursery of our stuff and start getting it ready.
I'm going to register for the hospital and classes this week. Also need to start looking for a pediatrician as we have to have that before baby is born (something I didn't know).

Hey sweetie, yes I'm on my ball a lot now as it really helps with backache. We use it in pregnancy yoga too :) yay for starting nursery! Can't wait for pics :) we aren't doing nursery yet as baby will be in our room for at least 9 months to start so we' ll crack on with it in spring probably. I'm just took tired right now!

32 weeks today :happydance:

wow ladies! time is moving!! i will surely post some picks and try to post the dvd as well that we get of the 4D!! i'm so excited to see him this friday and to get a better pic of his little face if possible.

wish i can start with a nursery too.. i really feel i'm entering the nesting phase and i just want to constantly get his things together but he will be staying with us in the room for at least 9 months too which is going to be great but i'd love to do a nursery!

guys i must say i'm starting to feel the early symptoms of the 3rd tri approaching! i'm so nauseous!!! can you believe it!!! i think its him pressing om my stomach causing the nausea because its not from food or anything. its especially bad at night where i actually wake up from being so nauseous!! and moody!! omw! thats right back from the 1st tri as well.. i can get extremely angry for absolutely nothing or start crying without end like i'm the saddest person alive at that moment. its so weird!!

only 11 weeks to go though so hoping i can stick it out. everyone keeps commenting that i'm really small for 7 months.. ? my belly has not grown lots in the last month but i'm sure it will catch up nicely now. i'm also (bonus) not really very hungry these days which keeps the weight gain at bay. guess once again bcoz he's pressing on my stomach.

wel, hoping i'm not going to get other things bothering me too much in the 3rd tri!

how are you ladies feeling over all.. aside from the tiredness that has also been showing its face again :)

Hey Jess, sorry you're feeling emotional/nauseous. I'm sure it's what you said, baby growing and pressing on stomach :) I can't eat big portions of food now, I find eating little and often much easier on my stomach and digestion.

I haven't put much weight on except bump too. Probably because I eat the same as I did before and am doing aqua aerobics and yoga and running around the cafe like a loon! :) the tiredness has passed this last week which is good.

I've got my final scan today! It's a growth scan, hopefully baby is head down :) hope you all have a good day!

32 week bump pic:

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/C0F9CACF-3000-4F36-B7C8-432D03FDD2D6-967-000000A94FFDC5D0.jpg

Hey girls, I'm sure you saw on FB :) but thought I'd post here too.

Scan Went really well, measuring perfect, weighing 4.8lbs at the mo which is good, his head is down and ready to go! Here he waving! I saw him opening and closing his mouth, so cute!

Awww! @OP! That bump is sooo cute and perfect! And such a lovely, clear scan!

@J - Sorry to hear you're feeling nauseous! You ladies are in the final leg of the race now!

I don't know how, but the last month has really flown by! I still haven't officially started the nursery yet, when I was so gung ho early on right?! Actually narrowed the paint color down to two different (been swatching paints for about a week now). Now it's all about clearing out the room so I can really get started.

Symptoms-wise, the last 4 days have me feeling almost like I am back in 1st tri! Nauseau, dizziness, and food aversions have returned. And I feel soo exhausted today. I hear it comes back even harder in 3rd tri?

OP - I ordered 2 prenatal yoga DVDs finally! It was much too difficult to go to the one class a week in my city.

Awesome sweetie, DVDs are just as good! It's so relaxing, just make sure you set a nice mood in a quiet room, some candles etc and make that time for you and your baby :)

I got very tired at your stage too, then got a huge burst of energy, and now I'm tired again!

I'm packing my hospital bag this weekend and sorting out his clothes as they're all in bags still as ill be 34 weeks Monday so don't want to leave it too late! X

:) your baby is upside down on your ticker!! thats so cute!!!

it is about time to get all things sorted out for the delivery! rather sooner than later! wow cant believe you and amanda are nearly having your little one's!

i'm entering the 30's this week as well!! so excited!! still cant comprehend how fast our pregnancies have gone by!!

:) your baby is upside down on your ticker!! thats so cute!!!

it is about time to get all things sorted out for the delivery! rather sooner than later! wow cant believe you and amanda are nearly having your little one's!

i'm entering the 30's this week as well!! so excited!! still cant comprehend how fast our pregnancies have gone by!!

It's crazy isn't it?

I've washed all his clothes/blankets and arranged his wardrobe :) going to pack my hospital bag on Wednesday after I pick up a few more bits (giant maternity pads etc :haha:)

Been having a lot of braxton hicks and period type pains since Friday, also my sciatic nerve has been killing me which means baby is getting lower and engaged. I've got the proper waddle nailed! :haha:

How are you girls feeling? Can't believe I'm 34 weeks today, crazy.

Not long now op!! its so exciting!!

i'm starting to walk like a duck myself! :) getting braxton hics as well but not painfull at all. guess from 30 weeks onwards its best to be prepared for anything!

how are you doing amanda? saw you not feeling to well? best to take it easy for the next month ladies in case your tiny tots decide they've had enough of the uncomfy and small space in your belly!!

do you ladies have any more visits with your midwives? do you think your babies might come earlier?

That's good they aren't painful, my midwife said they shouldn't be. Didn't have any pain yesterday which was nice so I had a nice lazy day just doing some housework. Need to start taking it easier now I've only got 6 weeks to go!

Amanda, hope you're feeling better and you had a nice belated birthday!

Sweetie, how are you ?

I'm seeing a midwife next Friday and then I think I see them again after 2 more weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->