Zinc for Men and More?

how fast did are your bellies growing around 34 weeks as opposed to when you were 30 weeks? some say your belly gets big fast?

i already feel like my belly is suffocating me!! its really hard to sit in my chair at work all day.. i need to lean backwards just to breathe!!! i don't know if i'm looking forward to the last 9 weeks that much to be honest. i don't have the longest middle and its getting pretty crowded already!!

Hi ladies, how are you all doing? Sorry I've been so quiet, i havent had any notifications of any posts for about 2 weeks so I just assumed we were all having a quiet patch. I just thought I'd log on to catch up and have seen that you've all be here all along after all!!!

I can't believe it OP, we're at 34 weeks now! Time has gone so quickly. That's great news for me, cos if I went into early labour now I'd get to go to my local hospital. They won't take before 34 weeks and I'd have had to go down to Brighton which would have been a nightmare for travelling etc. Well done for getting everything organised! You're definitely a step ahead of me! I hope that the pain has continued to stay away!

How did the 4D scan go J? Are you able to upload any pics? (or have I missed them??!). Is that your last scan now or do you get more? I know what you mean about it getting crowded in there. I sometimes find myself with shortness of breath just when I'm sitting down doing nothing!! My dh will ask why I'm sighing and I have to just tell him that i'm just breathing!!! I'm hoping baby will drop soon cos that's supposed to help with the breathing. Although I was reading somewhere yesterday that first babies can drop a good few weeks before being born whereas second ones drop much later, maybe even only the day before!! So hope mine decides not to do that, i want to breath!!

Sweetie, well done for the prenatal yoga dvds. I got one too but it;s still in its wrapper! Think I need to make a real effort to go to a class or at least do the dvd a few times in the last few weeks. It's great you're not far off 3rd tri too now! How are you getting on with the nursery? Did you manage to decide on a colour? What sort of colours are you going for? I saw some of the pics of baby clothes you've bought on FB, they're so cute! You're going to have one well dressed baby!!!

AFM - well the bad news is that I failed my last GTT so I now officially have gestational diabetes again :cry:. I was really hopiing not to get it this time. I saw the diabetes nurse today and she gave me a new testing kit, although I've been using my old one anyway. I now have to test my blood sugars in the morning and an hour after every meal. I also have to regularly see the dietician and the consultants. My first appt with them is on Monday.
The good news from this is that I'll get another scan! :happydance: I get a growth scan which will either be on Monday or the following Monday probably. It also means that they won't let me go overdue at all, so we are guarenteed to have our baby by Christmas!:xmas16: I'll find out from them on Monday when they would want to induce me, prob the week before Xmas, and then I'll book myself accupuncture beforehand like I did last time. So at least I can start to plan Xmas a bit more now, eg I know I need to do a stocking for the baby and get a few Christmassy bits for the baby too. I did buy a really cute 'my first Christmas' babygrow a week or so ago so at least that can get used! I've felt a bit down about the whole thing but i did my best so I just have to accept that I've got GD and make the most of it. The other bonus is that as I'll have the baby by Xmas I can stock up on all the sweet things I havent been able to eat! And wll also put pate and brie etc on my shopping list too!!

Thanks for the well wishes, I felt really awful on Sunday. Much better now, although still not 100%.

We havent really had much time to plan for the baby what with all the building work etc. But that's all finished now and we moved Luca into his new bedroom yesterday! He loves it! The nursery has now become the dumping ground, but it means we can take our time to get it organised! My next job is to get all the baby stuff out of the attic and get it all washed and ready! I'm also thinking that I need to pack a hospital bag pretty soon too! So that's my to do list for this week!

Hope you're all blooming and feeling well! xxx

I found this thread while looking for info on Zinc. I read the first couple pages and noticed everyone was pregnant. Good sign. Congratulations to you all!

We have been ttc for 6 months now. I think I may have low progesterone (short LP- 11 days), but my doctors won't run any tests until we've been ttc for a year. I don't temp so I can't be certain that I am ovulating, but the opk's have been working and I think I can feel it.

J1405, while skimming through the thread I saw that you had been using progesterone cream. How long were you using it before you got your BFP? Also, did you have any tests done to confirm low progesterone? Thanks!

how fast did are your bellies growing around 34 weeks as opposed to when you were 30 weeks? some say your belly gets big fast?

i already feel like my belly is suffocating me!! its really hard to sit in my chair at work all day.. i need to lean backwards just to breathe!!! i don't know if i'm looking forward to the last 9 weeks that much to be honest. i don't have the longest middle and its getting pretty crowded already!!

Girl, I've felt like that for weeks now!! :haha: I've been feeling like, 'how can I get any bigger'?! Because I feel like I'm running out of space too. Most evenings I am very short of breath and can't lie on my back because it constricts air more. Your body just adapts as you grow, not sure how! Apparently your bump does have a big growth spurt after 36 weeks towards the end, I'm terrified! :haha:

Hi ladies, how are you all doing? Sorry I've been so quiet, i havent had any notifications of any posts for about 2 weeks so I just assumed we were all having a quiet patch. I just thought I'd log on to catch up and have seen that you've all be here all along after all!!!

I can't believe it OP, we're at 34 weeks now! Time has gone so quickly. That's great news for me, cos if I went into early labour now I'd get to go to my local hospital. They won't take before 34 weeks and I'd have had to go down to Brighton which would have been a nightmare for travelling etc. Well done for getting everything organised! You're definitely a step ahead of me! I hope that the pain has continued to stay away!

How did the 4D scan go J? Are you able to upload any pics? (or have I missed them??!). Is that your last scan now or do you get more? I know what you mean about it getting crowded in there. I sometimes find myself with shortness of breath just when I'm sitting down doing nothing!! My dh will ask why I'm sighing and I have to just tell him that i'm just breathing!!! I'm hoping baby will drop soon cos that's supposed to help with the breathing. Although I was reading somewhere yesterday that first babies can drop a good few weeks before being born whereas second ones drop much later, maybe even only the day before!! So hope mine decides not to do that, i want to breath!!

Sweetie, well done for the prenatal yoga dvds. I got one too but it;s still in its wrapper! Think I need to make a real effort to go to a class or at least do the dvd a few times in the last few weeks. It's great you're not far off 3rd tri too now! How are you getting on with the nursery? Did you manage to decide on a colour? What sort of colours are you going for? I saw some of the pics of baby clothes you've bought on FB, they're so cute! You're going to have one well dressed baby!!!

AFM - well the bad news is that I failed my last GTT so I now officially have gestational diabetes again :cry:. I was really hopiing not to get it this time. I saw the diabetes nurse today and she gave me a new testing kit, although I've been using my old one anyway. I now have to test my blood sugars in the morning and an hour after every meal. I also have to regularly see the dietician and the consultants. My first appt with them is on Monday.
The good news from this is that I'll get another scan! :happydance: I get a growth scan which will either be on Monday or the following Monday probably. It also means that they won't let me go overdue at all, so we are guarenteed to have our baby by Christmas!:xmas16: I'll find out from them on Monday when they would want to induce me, prob the week before Xmas, and then I'll book myself accupuncture beforehand like I did last time. So at least I can start to plan Xmas a bit more now, eg I know I need to do a stocking for the baby and get a few Christmassy bits for the baby too. I did buy a really cute 'my first Christmas' babygrow a week or so ago so at least that can get used! I've felt a bit down about the whole thing but i did my best so I just have to accept that I've got GD and make the most of it. The other bonus is that as I'll have the baby by Xmas I can stock up on all the sweet things I havent been able to eat! And wll also put pate and brie etc on my shopping list too!!

Thanks for the well wishes, I felt really awful on Sunday. Much better now, although still not 100%.

We havent really had much time to plan for the baby what with all the building work etc. But that's all finished now and we moved Luca into his new bedroom yesterday! He loves it! The nursery has now become the dumping ground, but it means we can take our time to get it organised! My next job is to get all the baby stuff out of the attic and get it all washed and ready! I'm also thinking that I need to pack a hospital bag pretty soon too! So that's my to do list for this week!

Hope you're all blooming and feeling well! xxx

Hey Amanda, sorry you failed your gtt lovely. Make sure you get lots of help organising stuff as you haven't been well. Look after yourself x

Saw the mw again today. Baby is measuring 34 which is spot on for 34 weeks. She said its very likely they will want to do a growth scan when I have my consultant appt on Monday, so will keep you posted. She also said that they tend to want to induce early at 38-39 weeks for GD now, so looks like I might have a fight on my hands to get them to wait to 40. So this baby may be here sooner than I've been thinking!

I've been getting lots of BH recently, my whole tummy goes hard. My eyes are really dry and tired too. I thought it was my contacts but read something yesterday that said this is common at this stage of pregnancy.

How are you all?

I found this thread while looking for info on Zinc. I read the first couple pages and noticed everyone was pregnant. Good sign. Congratulations to you all!

We have been ttc for 6 months now. I think I may have low progesterone (short LP- 11 days), but my doctors won't run any tests until we've been ttc for a year. I don't temp so I can't be certain that I am ovulating, but the opk's have been working and I think I can feel it.

J1405, while skimming through the thread I saw that you had been using progesterone cream. How long were you using it before you got your BFP? Also, did you have any tests done to confirm low progesterone? Thanks!

hi! wel, i had a short lp too and thought i'd try the progesterone cream as it was natural progesterone cream that i could get over the counter. the first month i used it i got pregnant :) i was surprised honestly because it was not a month i thought we did too well with bd'ing but to my total shock i was pregnant!! and its a boy so caught the egg right when i ovulated!

i did not have tests to confirm low progesterone but because my lp was so short i thought i'd give the progesterone cream a shot just to see if it would lengthen my lp and before i could really find that out, i was pregnant.

its worth a shot i think, trying for 6 months is a long time and i'm sure you're desperate for something to work. if you read the thread right before i got pregnant you'll see we all on here tried allot of things.. from pre-seed to epo, zinc etc.

i must add, its very important for your oh to take a good multivit too with enough zinc.. it was more for the men that we gave the zinc as it helps with sperm count. we as women can do all we want but if our men's sperm count is no good then it wont help us much in getting pregnant.

took me 3 months but now i'm 30 weeks and cant believe time has gone this fast! i really hope you get pregnant soon and see if you can get some natural progesterone cream to use after ovulation... wont hurt!! and get some zinc for your man!! ;)

Thanks, J1405! I'm going to order some cream and a good milti V for my man. I didn't think it would take this long....getting very frustrated. We only Bd'd once around my fertile time this month (the day I should've O'd) bc I was getting over an infection. I wasn't too hopeful, but I'm still bummed that I started spotting today, two days before AF is due. But hey, it's better than spotting for a week prior like I have been.

Saw the mw again today. Baby is measuring 34 which is spot on for 34 weeks. She said its very likely they will want to do a growth scan when I have my consultant appt on Monday, so will keep you posted. She also said that they tend to want to induce early at 38-39 weeks for GD now, so looks like I might have a fight on my hands to get them to wait to 40. So this baby may be here sooner than I've been thinking!

I've been getting lots of BH recently, my whole tummy goes hard. My eyes are really dry and tired too. I thought it was my contacts but read something yesterday that said this is common at this stage of pregnancy.

How are you all?

That's good news baby is measuring perfect :thumbup: hope the growth scan goes well hun.

I've been getting some bh too. My pelvis feels quite sore too when I walk, probably because his head is down now x

[/QUOTE]

That's good news baby is measuring perfect :thumbup: hope the growth scan goes well hun.

I've been getting some bh too. My pelvis feels quite sore too when I walk, probably because his head is down now x[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's the same for me, walking isn't particularly comfortable at the moment. When I saw the mw I noticed she's written down that I'm 1/5 engaged! So no wonder it's all quite cosy down there now!

Hi ladies

I thought it about time to upload a bump pic! It's not great quality cos i took it myself on my phone, but you can see the size of me!

I saw the consultants on Monday, and the dietician. They're ok with my sugar levels after eating which is good. The consultant measured my tummy and somehow measured me at 39cm!! Which is crazy cos the MW measured me 5 days before at 34cm! I think perhaps he wasnt too good with a tape measure! He said that he planned to scan me in 2 weeks, but I asked if I could be scanned there and then and luckily they managed to arrange it. It was a huge relief - the baby weighs 5lb 6oz! Which is spot on 50th centile. It's tummy circumference was also on the 50th centile too. Phew!!! So all my avoiding sugar etc has paid off! The consultant has said that he won;t let me go overdue so we definitely know we'll have a baby by Christmas!!!! But he said the latest he'd let me go is 40 weeks. So when I go back in 2 weeks I can have the discussion with him about an induction date. It's all getting very close now! And I still have so muchto do!!

How are all you ladies doing?

Attachments

• Bump 24.11.12.jpg
    Bump 24.11.12.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 3
Wow great bump Amanda, mine looks similar, ill get a pic on soon.

Everything going well here, lots of bh though and got quite faint during shopping yesterday but otherwise felt great. Yoga is helping lots to keep my energy up.

Bump is measuring spot on and I think his head is still down as I gets lots of pressure in my cervix when I walk now.

How lovely to kmow you will definitely have a baby by Chrismas! I hope I will too! X

hi ladies,

great bump amanda :) my bump is also growing by the day but is not too large as yet. i'm almost 32 weeks now and boy is he active!! he moves nearly all the time! cant think that it can be true that babies around this time sleep 90% of the time coz mine surely does not! i think he is still in a breach type position as i get kicks and pressure in my pelvis.. that cant be his head and hands hitting me right?

will see how the next few weeks go i guess, i assume i'll get quite a bit bigger until 35 weeks! glad you will have your baby by christmas amanda! what an awesome christmas gift for your family!! and i hope your lil one decides to come around that time as well op!!

i dont mind waiting a few more weeks till january for my little man to arrive as its close to his daddy's birthday!! going for our last pre-natal class tonight and i must admit, i will miss it! learned allot and got a few good tips!!

now its just waiting for the time to run out!! will post a bump pic too :)

Saw midwife today at 36 weeks and everything perfect. His head is down and engaged, back is against my belly, great position for birth :thumbup:

Feel like I'm in the TWW again as 38 weeks would be perfect for him to come so he has a good birthday! :haha:

Glad you're doing well, Jess :thumbup: not long for us all now really as sweetie is catching up fast too!

Here's some bump progression pics, amazing to see the changes!

24 week bump:

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/86D91E4E-0CE2-47BF-8A91-6B13CD0A4521-311-0000002BE10F3023.jpg

32 week bump:

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/88796FF4-67B3-4151-8C4D-DB1A2195461F-967-000000A960039A2B.jpg

36 week bump (today!)

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/5A140606-E7F5-456F-A491-D1B8320B082B-406-00000024011A8C89.jpg

I feel massive now! :haha:

Wow great pics OP! You don't look massive, your bump is really neat! Good news that his head is engaged and in position, fingers crossed for a delivery in time for Christmas!

J, my baby is head down and I still get lots of movement low down, so doesn't necessarily mean you're breach. I don't know what it is, his/her hands wiggling about I guess but I does feel very odd! When's your next appt?

How are you doing Sweetie?x

thought i'd put up some bump pics as well... :) op from your pics i guess there is a huge bump growth between 32 and 36 weeks so i will be getting even larger the next few week! i feel huge now already!! :xmas1:

my next doc app is on 13 dec when i'm 34 weeks so will see how the little guy is lying then. but he is moving allot so i think he changes position quite allot still.

my first pic was taken at 26 weeks and the 2nd one at 32 weeks... :)

Attachments

• Pretoria-20121021-00179.jpg
    Pretoria-20121021-00179.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Pretoria-20121127-00235.jpg
    Pretoria-20121127-00235.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1
Lovely bump :) definitely popped! Apparently as long as they're head down from 36 weeks, it's fine. My boy is very low now, I can feel him on my cervix.

My bump grows 1cm a week because when they measure your bump it should be the same as the amount of weeks. So my bump was 36cm at 36 weeks for e.g. But the growth does look massive between 32-36 weeks!

My ribs are killing me and my bump really aches in the mornings :( I hope he comes before Christmas.

shame op, i hope you get lucky and he arrives around 39 weeks or so! its interesting about the bump size and your weeks! i will surely go measure mine as well and see... doc said last time he is a bit small still.. cant wait for my next app so i can relax about that.

can i ask you ladies a personal question? how much weight have you guys picked up thus far? i'm on 9 kg's now.. hoping not to go past 11 for my size as i feel huge already!

i have also noticed my boobs are starting to make that colostrum stuff as i have started to put lanolin nipple cream on my nipples at night just in preperation for breastfeeding ( this was recommended by the delivery nurse) and when i rub my nipples, some colostrum leaks out :) its quite funny.

we have all Ethan's things now! i feel so much better! now just to pack his and my hospital bag which i will get to in the next 2 - 3 weeks. gosh, by that time your babies might have been born!!!

oh and ps... any names yet op.. amanda?

wonder where sweetie is ?? :)

shame op, i hope you get lucky and he arrives around 39 weeks or so! its interesting about the bump size and your weeks! i will surely go measure mine as well and see... doc said last time he is a bit small still.. cant wait for my next app so i can relax about that.

i think it's called fundal height if you want to google it, the measure from the top of my bump, under ribs to the bottom by the pelvis.

can i ask you ladies a personal question? how much weight have you guys picked up thus far? i'm on 9 kg's now.. hoping not to go past 11 for my size as i feel huge already!

i don't think I've put on much weight at all apart from my bump, I'm eating not much more than per-pregnancy. Everyone says I'm still v slim, which is good I guess as I won't have much to do after birth, just tone the tummy a bit!

i have also noticed my boobs are starting to make that colostrum stuff as i have started to put lanolin nipple cream on my nipples at night just in preperation for breastfeeding ( this was recommended by the delivery nurse) and when i rub my nipples, some colostrum leaks out :) its quite funny.

yes I've been leaking colostrum since about 25 weeks I think, which is a great sign for breastfeeding :thumbup: it's so weird isn't it? Can't wait to breastfeed, hope it goes well though as it looks tough!

we have all Ethan's things now! i feel so much better! now just to pack his and my hospital bag which i will get to in the next 2 - 3 weeks. gosh, by that time your babies might have been born!!!

thats so nice! I still feel like I haven't got enough but I do and need to stop! I bought some Christmas sleep suits the other day :cloud9: they're so tiny!

oh and ps... any names yet op.. amanda?
wonder where sweetie is ?? :)

ive got a shortlist but none of them are singing to me really, we're going to wait until we meet him and make a decision because we can't agree now! :haha: yes, sweetie hope you're ok lovely!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->