Zyrtec for Morning Sickness?

danamarie04

Reaction score
Ok I just randomly ran across several articles where people have said their doctors suggested Zyrtec to help with morning sickness. I have always taken Zyrtec for my allergies and made sure it was safe to take while pregnant and the nurse at my OB office said yes as long as it wasn't Zyrtec-D. I have also heard of Benadryl being used for morning sickness as well. Has anybody actually used the Zyrtec and had it help? Now I'm curious. I haven't been taking it like I normally do but if it serves a multi-purpose I'm all for it as long as it's safe. What's your experiences?

I would be interested in finding this one out, I've tried ginger, acupuncture bands, eating little and often, everything they suggest at it doesn't work!!!!
I was hoapitalised a couple of days ago as I couldn't hold down water or food! I was projectile vomiting all over!! (sorry tmi)
I had a camular in my arm in which they dripped some anti sickness fluid, and that worked!!! But they only give you it when your borderline death bed!

I'm at my wits end!!

I would be interested in finding this one out, I've tried ginger, acupuncture bands, eating little and often, everything they suggest at it doesn't work!!!!
I was hoapitalised a couple of days ago as I couldn't hold down water or food! I was projectile vomiting all over!! (sorry tmi)
I had a camular in my arm in which they dripped some anti sickness fluid, and that worked!!! But they only give you it when your borderline death bed!

I'm at my wits end!!

Oh yuck! Sorry you feel so bad!! I'm only 5w3d. I started getting fatigue/nausea at only 4dpo and gradually got worse at 3 & 4 weeks. It seems to be better. Today was actually pretty great. I'm really hoping to get by with no morning sickness at all (I'm a puke-a-phobe haha). I'm going to take my Zyrtec tonight again like I used to (have always taken at night b/c they say since it's a 24 hr that gives it more time to get in your system by morning for allergies) and see what happens! I'll let you know! Hope you get over it soon! At least your almost out of the 1st trimester! :)

I take zyrtec every day and I dont think it helps. I hope it helps you!!

I take another antihistamine and it definitely helps! As soon as I try to switch to my other one I feel sick.

It's called promethazine hydrochloride and I read about It and it said it is often prescribed for morning sickness. But I actually take it for allergies. It was given to me by a pharmacist because they didn't have the one I got prescribed to me by my doctor in Germany. Apparently you can only take it in early preg not in late though.

Ask your doctor about it. It says "check with doctor or pharmacist if pregnant"

I take another antihistamine and it definitely helps! As soon as I try to switch to my other one I feel sick.

It's called promethazine hydrochloride and I read about It and it said it is often prescribed for morning sickness. But I actually take it for allergies. It was given to me by a pharmacist because they didn't have the one I got prescribed to me by my doctor in Germany. Apparently you can only take it in early preg not in late though.

Ask your doctor about it. It says "check with doctor or pharmacist if pregnant"

Well that's good to know! I did call my OB office (I also take it for allergies) because I hadn't been taking it due to not knowing if it was safe. The nurse told me Zyrtec was fine but no Zyrtec-D. I've felt crappy the last 3 weeks and yesterday felt a little better and took the Zyrtec last night and felt even better today! I hope this stays this way! Am curious to see what others say! It makes sense that if it dries up all that drainage that settles in your stomach overnight, that it would help with the nausea!

Yeah I heard it it dries up the fluids in your ears too, which also helps.

Well I can say after taking Zyrtec before bed for 3 nights now, I felt remarkably better the next morning! Let's hope this keeps up! Anybody else have any comments?

Hi, Ladies!!

I can vouch 100% that Zyrtec absolutely helps with morning sickness... I have been testing this theory since morning sickness started for me around 4 1/2 weeks...I would go days without zyrtec and would throw up every single day and feel sick all day long to my stomach...then I would take a zyrtec at night before bed and not only did I have the best sleep but the next day I would not do my ritual of throwing up and I felt so great all day long that I could eat whatever I wanted and catch up on the fluids. I would then go several days without zyrtec and would feel horribly sick again. Last night I gave in and took a zyrtec before going to bed and today I feel AMAZING!!! It absolutely works for me 100%!!! Good luck for each of you as well...

Heather
9 weeks 3 days

there's something about antihistamines that are good for morning sickness.

With that being said, the ingredient in Unisom -- doxylamine -- also works. LIFE SAVER for me!

I tried the Unisom...doesn't work for me. I am going to get some Zyrtec!!!! Super excited to try. I do think the ginger root pills I started last night might be working a tiny bit. Maybe the Zyrtec will help a little and I will feel human again!

So far the best thing for me is phenergan. But only if you take it when you don't have anything you have to do, like, watch your kids or go to work :haha: Because it makes you so sleeeeeeppppppyyyyyyyy

Phenergan worked for me too but I just couldn't deal with sleeping all the time and having to work. I religiously (still) took Zyrtec every night before bed. One weekend I switched to Benadryl in hopes of sleep and allergy relief and I felt awful in the mornings again. I won't say Zyrtec got rid of it completely, but I went from morning nausea/sickness to night time. Which made it much easier to function during the day. I have a lot of sinus/allergy issues and am pretty sure I had a lot of drainage getting on my stomach at night that was making things worse. Also got a dehumidifier and it has helped wonders with it too!

Thanks for the tips, I never knew Zyrtec would help too! If the Unisom decides to stop working, I'll have to try this stuff. I also agree about the phenergan making you sleep all the time. That's why I can only take it at night time, and even then after 8 hours sleep I still have that medicine head. Some days though, I'll take medicine head over all day nausea :sick:

Im going to look into that cause I have been having the worst morning sickness some days its All day long. I found out 2 days before missed AF and felt great and kept telling everyone how great I felt then right before 6 weeks I went a total 180 nausea nausea and more nausea. I tried the Seaband that doesnt help at all and the ginger gum helps for a little bit, but I just gotta keep chewing it. The taste doesnt bother me just want something that works and takes it away .

Yeah I think it normally kicks in around 6 weeks for most people :( Hang in there!!

I tried the zyrtec after reading this thread and I have to say IT WORKS!!! It did take a full 48 hours to kick in but I feel SOOO much better! Thank you so much ladies. :hugs:

you must mean my avatar :haha:

ME TOO!!! If I don't get chocolate right now, I won't be held responsible for my actions!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->