£190 at 25weeks

Ok. Just wondered. I would have got about £90 odd per mnth CTC but as the baby element has been taken away that has been reduced down to £45 per month I knew that as I use the calculator on their website.

xx

TJW seizures sound truly awful and i cannot grasp how they work out that this is not a debilitating condition, since it usually goes on how much it affects your daily living and the 'normal' day to day routine. I believe it should all be done on a case to case basis but unfortunately they will never do that as it costs too much time and money, money that as you quite rightly stated we are ploughing into other countries! We do not come first to our own government and thats sad.

I think its good that despite all you've been through you want to and believe you can work, you have a brilliant attitude and i'd employ you in a heartbeat (not that it means much lol), i thought employers were not legally allowed to discriminate against any disablity, its unfair that your trying so hard and getting nowhere because of a disability the government says you don't have!

I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and are able to find work when your ready to because its obvious you want to, the government should be thankful for people like you who do not want to abuse the system and be helping you in any way to find employment, there are too many that take advantage and it seems the ones who don't are punished. Its all crap xx

I completely agree with what people are saying about abusing the system but I think some ( i.e Boony) have different opinions on what abusing and really needing financial aid means. From what's been said I cant help but to assume that you're in a financially stable position at the moment. My partner and I both work full time, in minimum wage jobs and we both work extremely hard; yet even buying things second hand it all adds up to more than we can afford. My parents bought us our pushchair but just because it's brand new doesn't mean I'm well off! We have to budget down to that last penny and I'm ashamed to say we've had to borrow money from family to get our nursery furniture and all of our other essentials.
When I have the baby I will only be returning to work part time and relying partially on benefits to get by, am I abusing the system? No, I don't think so, we would be worse off if I went back full time, both sets of parents have disabilities in which they couldn't cope with looking after a child, the costs of childcare will more than cancel out my extra wages and we struggle as it is without the costs of a LO.
We are taking responsibility for our actions, my partner is working all the hours he can (though the tax man takes most of that from hi
). Unfortunately it's not an ideal world where everyone reaches a point where they think they can support a child. Our baby was not planned, should I have aborted simply because I could've done with this extra £190 I THINK NOT!
Every mum wants the best for their child, and £190 would've been a massive help.
I don't agree with people who live of benefits just because they don't want a job or "can't be bothered" and I think that's what some of the other girls have been trying to say.

Yes your partners job could be extremely safe but I certainly wouldn't like to test fate by harping on about it, you are fortunate in the current recession, our jobs aren't certainly safe but we're certainly glad we've got them!

Yes your partners job could be extremely safe but I certainly wouldn't like to test fate by harping on about it, you are fortunate in the current recession, our jobs aren't certainly safe but we're certainly glad we've got them!

I completely agree. I know that a child is my responsibility financially. But it wasn't my decision to put national insurance up or the fact that petrol prices go up and up to something obscene. I also didn't contribute to constantly growing food bills!
We already had to make a lot of changes to our lifestyle and by that I don't mean cancelling holiday abroad!! I have to be very careful what I put in my supermarket basket, but I'd rather get all the lovely fruit and veggies I crave! There is a lot of pressure to eat healthily especially when you are pregnant, but I can understand how some ladies struggle with good diet because it's so BLOODY EXPENSIVE!!

I do cook everything from scratch, but the food bills are enormous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->