£190 pregnancy grant?

i think they have stopped the child trust fund scheme as well now havent they?

Yup, think so. Another waste of money IMO - it goes straight to your child at 18 - what 18 yr old isn't going to blow it on a shopping trip/nights out?!!!

:)

and they've stopped the baby element of child tax credit x

i agree ctf was a total waste of money - people should put money away for thier child if they want. It can be used in the country so much wiser

yeah u got more for baby under one. or u did?? i am really angry in general about the whole benefits. i had to stop working when i was 8weeks with my last pregnancy due to the risks to my baby (last april!!) but prior to that i have alwas worked and worked hard, paid my taxes etc my husband is a full time nursing student but works 20hours a week as a carer for adults with disabilities. wen i stopped working i tried to get a new job but the min i mentioned i was high risk pregnancy the jobs suddenly disapeared :/ we applied for job seekers, housing, council tax etc and didnt qualify for a damn thing!!! i have worked my butt off and when we most needed help we got basically laughed at! we get by now with tax credits etc and oh will be qualified really soon but i was seriously angry we got no help . a woman who lives next door to my mum has never worked, has 6 kids (had her first at 16 so actually has never worked) yet doesnt pay any rent etc when she can afford to get a takeaway every 2nd night and plays bingo 3/4times a week. she then had the cheek to complain to my parents how the council werent paying for her grass to get cut anymore!! her youngest is now 6 so why cant she work? it infuriates me grrrrr!!! if someone genuienly needs help then i dnt have any problem with it but i cant stand the people who are living off benefits when there is no reason for them to be iykwim? my best mate had her first at 16 and i have never ever seen anyone so happy to be working and getting her 'own' money. xxx

wow sorry that turned into a rant lol

I think it's fair, although some people take the p as they dont work even before baby's born (not talking about people on the sick I mean bone idle dole dossers that have never worked before!!)

I'm on the sick, have been since around 8 weeks and during this I have been made redundant... I'm finding it v.hard to get by at the moment, I'm still waiting for sick money to come through sometimes I cant even afford to eat yes it's got that bad!! I'm sure £500 would help me, some people deserve it Ive worked since I was 13 and feel I have earnt it. please dont tar all of us people on beneftis with the same brush :(

yeah u got more for baby under one. or u did?? i am really angry in general about the whole benefits. i had to stop working when i was 8weeks with my last pregnancy due to the risks to my baby (last april!!) but prior to that i have alwas worked and worked hard, paid my taxes etc my husband is a full time nursing student but works 20hours a week as a carer for adults with disabilities. wen i stopped working i tried to get a new job but the min i mentioned i was high risk pregnancy the jobs suddenly disapeared :/ we applied for job seekers, housing, council tax etc and didnt qualify for a damn thing!!! i have worked my butt off and when we most needed help we got basically laughed at! we get by now with tax credits etc and oh will be qualified really soon but i was seriously angry we got no help . a woman who lives next door to my mum has never worked, has 6 kids (had her first at 16 so actually has never worked) yet doesnt pay any rent etc when she can afford to get a takeaway every 2nd night and plays bingo 3/4times a week. she then had the cheek to complain to my parents how the council werent paying for her grass to get cut anymore!! her youngest is now 6 so why cant she work? it infuriates me grrrrr!!! if someone genuienly needs help then i dnt have any problem with it but i cant stand the people who are living off benefits when there is no reason for them to be iykwim? my best mate had her first at 16 and i have never ever seen anyone so happy to be working and getting her 'own' money. xxx

this is my point exactly! i dont think peoplewho choose to sit at home and make babys coz they cant be assed to work or there 'to good for certain jobs' i dont believe its fair for them.

but people who realy need it i agree with xx

I think it's fair, although some people take the p as they dont work even before baby's born (not talking about people on the sick I mean bone idle dole dossers that have never worked before!!)

I'm on the sick, have been since around 8 weeks and during this I have been made redundant... I'm finding it v.hard to get by at the moment, I'm still waiting for sick money to come through sometimes I cant even afford to eat yes it's got that bad!! I'm sure £500 would help me, some people deserve it Ive worked since I was 13 and feel I have earnt it. please dont tar all of us people on beneftis with the same brush :(

noe one was tarring y ou with the same brush hun. its pretty obvouis which sort of people were all talking about! lol

people who diserve it =u and people who clearly dont like the ones who have never worked but just coz they get a baby they get everything . i have a friend who litarly has the nerve to say to me " why do you bother working as many hours u do , i couldnt do this job its gross or blabla" its because she has a choice to stay on benifits have a really nice house and not pay a penny on it.

i completely understand why you NEED it xx

I feel like a rant too lol. OH's ex she disgusts me she has never had a job and she is 30 years old!! she had her first child at 23 and before that lived off her mum and dad, she now has 4 children 8 (twins), 7 & 2. she plays the benefits well she get's her rent paid and has a income of up to 360 (rent not included) a week sometimes, I think one week its 250 then next 360, OH is struggling with work and although I believe fathers should contribute at the moment me and him are struggling so much with money and all she does is bitch at him and ask for money. she gets plenty off the government to which my OH has always paid his taxes yet and while he was living with her he paid everything over her 3 other children (which arent his)

She goes out at least 3 times a week and drinks almost everyday (she has her fb page open) gets extensioons done in the salon, manicures the lot and she's having a boob job!!! she leaves the kids with her alcoholic father and her mother and it always seems she takes the girls on days out and leaves OH's little boy with her parents. this woman irritates me so much.

/Rant over lol

noe one was tarring y ou with the same brush hun. its pretty obvouis which sort of people were all talking about! lol

people who diserve it =u and people who clearly dont like the ones who have never worked but just coz they get a baby they get everything . i have a friend who litarly has the nerve to say to me " why do you bother working as many hours u do , i couldnt do this job its gross or blabla" its because she has a choice to stay on benifits have a really nice house and not pay a penny on it.

Yep people really annoy me who say they wouldnt take up a job cause it's boring or they wouldnt like it and so on, I hated my job but I got up and went to work cause it paid the bills, I'd rather look for a job while having a crap job. we cant all sit at home waiting for our dream job to come along while popping out babies!! :haha:

Cee- can i have a link or something for this> ive never heard about it.

the only things ive heard are for people who are on benifits which annoys me lol people who work hard cant qualify for anything. but people who chill at home can get these 500pound grants and help with furniture before baby arives..

Ive just finished Uni and found myself pregnant, Ive got medical problems and cant find a job at the moment because of it.

I for one do not chill at home, people sterotype and that annoys me!

Ive used my savings to buy stuff for my baby so the 500 will come in handy if I need it for any more stuff.

Ive heard one lady at the school say shes going to pop out babies until it becomes a wage. :cry:

So sad :nope:

Yep people really annoy me who say they wouldnt take up a job cause it's boring or they wouldnt like it and so on, I hated my job but I got up and went to work cause it paid the bills, I'd rather look for a job while having a crap job. we cant all sit at home waiting for our dream job to come along while popping out babies!! :haha:

you took the word right out of my mouth lol

Cee- can i have a link or something for this> ive never heard about it.

the only things ive heard are for people who are on benifits which annoys me lol people who work hard cant qualify for anything. but people who chill at home can get these 500pound grants and help with furniture before baby arives..

Ive just finished Uni and found myself pregnant, Ive got medical problems and cant find a job at the moment because of it.

I for one do not chill at home, people sterotype and that annoys me!

Ive used my savings to buy stuff for my baby so the 500 will come in handy if I need it for any more stuff.

who said you chill at home? you saw the people i was talking about so if it annoys you tough.
i wasnt talking about you for the last time i was talking about people who dilibertly play the system. not people who are on benifits for a good reason. so read it right.

also i wasnt sterio typing anything! lol the people im talking about are real people who i know..and i stand by what i said. i cant mention every single person and every single scenario of why people are on benifits. the topic i was on are purely about people who are on benifits when they dont need to be.

Yeah they stopped it :/
I did get it with Aliyah and it helped alot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back