★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Wow pineberry Love Love Love your positive news and your beautiful pic!! Yep that nub looks like a boy! Boys are delicious and awesome, in fact I’m hoping for another boy myself!!! Congrats on a healthy 12 week scan xx

Awww yay Pineberry! Hey there little guy!!! LOVELY scan photos. I nearly cried reading your post lol. Pregnancy hormones lol.

Aww you are adorable! Haha! :hugs2: Btw I edited the first page and added you to the boy list, since I just remembered that you are also having a precious little guy :)

@Flueky88 Thanks love, and yes, so glad and thankful they recorded the entire thing and gave it to me - dont know what I would have done otherwise! And I hope you'll get your boy! Totally understandable to want a different gender after 2 of the same - but that's not to say that 3 of the same isn't amazing too <3

@Fern81 Thanks love!!! I'm actually so stoked to be having a boy!! :)

Who knows! I'm totally unprepared for a boy unfortunately. My mom kept all these super cute girl clothes and things from when I was a baby/ child, but my husband's mom basically kept nothing. I'm glad you're not feeling stressed about this pregnancy though. I'm on the West side of WA. You?
Same, western WA!

A girl would be much easier for us right now being our baby is only one and we’ve still got all her clothing and such, I don’t think I’d be so lucky to have another girl though, too easy

Thanks Pineberry!
CC94 you never know!!!

AFM I am overflowing with happiness! Scan was perfect! Love Bug is actually measuring a few days ahead at 9 weeks 3 days. Gonna keep my current dates but still that's so exciting. Heart rate was 175 which is perfect. Everything was perfect. AND SCH has gotten smaller with no active signs of bleeding. I am SO happy and SO relieved!

IMG_6562.jpeg IMG_6563.jpeg

Aaahhh co_foster I’m so happy for you! After your devastating history of infertility and loss, to get such good news and perfect ultrasounds. Wonderful news and beautiful scans! Xx

Thanks Pineberry!
CC94 you never know!!!

AFM I am overflowing with happiness! Scan was perfect! Love Bug is actually measuring a few days ahead at 9 weeks 3 days. Gonna keep my current dates but still that's so exciting. Heart rate was 175 which is perfect. Everything was perfect. AND SCH has gotten smaller with no active signs of bleeding. I am SO happy and SO relieved!

View attachment 1080423 View attachment 1080424

Yaaayyy fantastic!!! so HAPPY FOR YOU :happydance::hugs:<3 :hugs2: <3 :flower: :yipee:

Cute little peanut you have right there! I am so stoked that it was nothing but good news for you too, fellow boy-mama!

Love all the scan pictures Pineberry and Foster! I'm so happy everything is perfect for you both... and beautiful baby boys :blue:!!

My scan has been postponed again by another week, *sigh*. It's now scheduled for April 13th... which I will be in my 12 week. I've made a backup appointment at another clinic for the following day (14th), in case this one gets moved again. Since I want the IPS scan (not sure what you call it in other countries but its essentially the scan that checks for abnormalities and downs syndrome, etc.). The IPS scan has to be done between 11-14 weeks, so I don't have a lot of time left to make other plans if these ultrasound clinics keep being shut down. More than anything I just want to see a healthy wiggly baby on the screen to put myself at ease.

Oh Joanna I'm so sorry...that really sucks. My next scan is the 14th too, so I hope you get one or the other! My new OB won't even see new patients until week 12 either. I have just been very lucky with scans because I had issues (which I guess I wouldn't say is lucky). I think I was only supposed to get two at most at my current clinic. Maybe even just one. Either way, I feel bad for all the mamas on here who've had their scans cancelled. It doesn't seem right or fair honestly. And I think people are freaking out way more than they should be. Don't get me wrong, I know this is a serious pandemic, but I mean, we're on the verge of mass hysteria and that I think has caused a lot of this to be blown out of proportion. Either way, it sucks. You will get to see your little Bub soon!!!!

So sorry your scan was re-scheduled again Joanna. :( It's good that you have a back-up private ultrasound booked.

@co_fostermom How long did you take progesterone after they found your SCH? Kind of unsure if I should still keep taking it (it's been a week and a day since the big bleed). I forgot to take it last night and today I'm having slight brown spotting, wonder if it has to do with not taking it. I just dont want my body to get too used to/dependent on the progesterone... if that even makes sense?

Funny you should ask that Pineberry, I just asked my doctor the same question. So, the short answer is they want me to take my last does in the evening when I'm 9 weeks 6 days according to their calculations. The long answer: I also asked if I could wean myself off of it and they said if that makes me feel better that's totally fine. So, I'm gonna continue taking the three doses until 9 weeks 6 days and then I'm gonna take two a day until 10 weeks 6 days and then one a day until 11 weeks 6 days. I technically don't need to, but I'm concerned about bleeding too if I stop cold turkey. My best advice is to email/ call your doctor and ask them directly, because they might have different instructions for you. My original instructions were to stop at week 10 altogether, so three doses to none at 9 weeks 7 days. I'm not actually sure the progesterone is doing anything to stop the SCH from bleeding, but it does support the baby. I have two follicles producing progesterone on top of all that as well, so like I said, I probably could stop taking it when my doctor originally instructed, but I'll feel better about life if I taper it.

As a side note, at 12 weeks, your placenta is doing all the work for you so your ovaries don't have to keep producing progesterone. You can probably start weaning yourself off this week and you'll be totally fine. Some brown spotting is totally okay too. I've had actual brown bleeds as well as spotting, despite taking progesterone, and Baby is totally okay. Of course, always call your doctor when you're in doubt. I have found, at least with my doctors, they want to be helpful right now, as long as they don't have to see you in person lol.

Thanks for your well thought out response foster, you're amazing. I think it's a good idea for you to wean yourself off it rather than stopping cold turkey.

I originally had a consultation with my doctor today (just verbal, no US) and was gonna ask him if I should stop the progesterone, but lo and behold, it was cancelled and re-scheduled for Monday haha. I think i'll continue to take it every second day for now!

I think ultimately, we know what's best for ourselves. Do what feels right unless your doctor specifically says not to.

Morning all! I’m feel a bit worried today. I spiked a fever last night. Only 38c so not too bad. My throat is very sore and today I’m struggling to swallow which is making it difficult to get fluids in. Paracetamol is helping with the fever but the pain is still there. I think it’s probably tonsillitis. My husband is trying to get through the the GP to get some advice.
I’m so worried about what this will do to the baby and I don’t understand how I’m ill when I’ve not had contact with anyone from outside my household for the last 2 weeks!

Jellybean - our babies are really well protected in there, I'm sure baby will be just fine. However, I'd be worried too and definitely speaking to my doctor. I've been so careful with washing my hands and not putting my hands near my face... however over last weekend I developed a runny nose... I haven't been sick in a couple years! Go figure, when we aren't exposing ourselves to germs our bodies seem to catch things easier. I'm mostly better now thankfully. I hope you feel better soon and it's nothing serious. Take care.

So yesterday I had the worst nausea and everything made me want to throw up. It was the worst.... thankfully I feel fine today. I wonder if baby was doing some crazy growing or something yesterday? Over the past week I've only felt nauseous when it's close to a meal time or in the late evening and it's been pretty mild. So glad the placenta is starting to take over and making me feel a lot better. Yesterday was just strange.

I had typed a reply but lost it ugh.

Jelly maybe it's strep throat? Hope you get seen and taken care of.

Joanna so sorry appt was rescheduled again. Also glad the bad nausea has subsided. My nausea is usually pretty bad in evening but no vomitting yet.

Jellybean it's only high fevers you need to worry about while pregnant. Like Joanna said, our babies are super well protected in there. I mean, think about it, they are dancing around, wiggling, moving a ton starting at 8 weeks and we can't feel a thing. That tells you how protected they are. That being said, I'd be just as worried as you. Try to take some deep breaths, be persistent with your doctor (because they really do help calm fears) and it'll be okay. Think of it this way, if there weren't a pandemic going on and you had a sore throat or feeling ill, how would you respond normally? Hope that helps ease your mind a bit. :hugs:

Sorry about the nausea Joanna, but every icky feeling we get that's pregnancy related is always cause for celebration!!! Hope you get to breeze through your second tri.

AFM - just feeling super calm and relaxed since Wednesday. Symptoms are pretty mild right now. I would say the main symptom I've been experiencing the past couple of days is fatigue, a little bit of preggo brain, and sensitive bbs (very mild). That's about it. I'm starting to think I'm just one of the lucky ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->