★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Glad everyone is doing ok-ish during this stressful time and that no-one is sick.

We’re going home tonight after a lovely holiday at the coast... there are no cases here where we are and it was such a nice breather. Now to go back home where more than half the cases in the whole country are :( it feels like we are going into a corona soup. People (including newspapers) are talking about a national lockdown because people aren’t taking social distancing seriously. People are posting videos of themselves partying in nightclubs, getting drunk and hanging onto each other (nightclubs are supposed to have closed last week), last night a lady appeared on the news saying that their community isn’t thinking about the virus, they all jumped on a party bus for a day out. Remember I said I’m sure I’m going to be exposed... the papers also predict a 60-70% infection rate in RSA due to living conditions and the existing health care infrastructure. I’m so incredibly fed up. The president is going to address the country tonight as to what new measures are in place. I hope it doesn’t mean lockdown. Basically only a percentage of the population will bother to abide by the law in any case so it won’t help.

Hi Everyone.
Everything was great. Baby was moving like mad. Measuring slightly ahead. 2 days. I’m going to stick with my due date though for now. Doc was lovely so put my mind at ease. I’m back Thursday 2 weeks for booking app. She did say she was going to put me on baby aspirin for rest of pregnancy just to make sure we don’t have restricted growth due to Crohn’s. We got a video but it’s too large to upload, you can see baby kicking and stretching and everything though, it’s amazing. X

10C32FA5-AF2A-4818-B855-AD21D31E41DC.jpeg

Thanks for the reassurance Jellybeanx!

Fern - I'm glad you got to have a nice vacation but I'm sorry you're having to go back to the thick of it and I'm sorry people are being so irresponsible. Stay safe!

Fitz!!! Yay!!!! I'm glad everything looked good!!! Quick question - it says your EDD is 11 something (I can't tell the second date) but that you were 11 weeks. How is that possible? I'm not meaning to scare you or anything like that, just really curious about the dating? I'm due 10/27 and am not even 9 weeks yet. ???

Hey Pineberry - would you mind updating the first page? I seem to be missing. Due date 10/27.

Azure I hope you have a better week. I'm glad your boss is supportive too.

Jelly oh a nap sounds like heaven. Ugh I'm so flipping tired most of the time. Happy belated mother's day.

Co aww sorry you are over analyzing things. It's hard sonetimes. I remember thinking while pregnant with my 2nd that I wasn't having morning sickness and was just waiting for it at 7 weeks... but never had it. I just thought to myself that it was a bad sign and I'd get bad news at my ultrasound. Nope she's a healthy 12 month old.

Pine how are you feeling?

Fern so glad you had a great time. We are supposed to go to Disney at end of May but not sure it'll be open. I'm feeling sad my girls might not get to go. My oldest would love it and she's so tall she could ride most rides. I know it's a selfish feeling but I wanted them to have this trip so bad. I'm sorry things are such a mess back home.

Fitz beautiful scan!

Not much going on here. 6 weeks today and so ready for my scan on the 3rd.

Hey Pineberry - would you mind updating the first page? I seem to be missing. Due date 10/27.

huh, so weird! I am fairly certain I had you added in the earlier days of this thread :-k Maybe accidentally deleted when editing while adding new people :-s fixed it of course! My bad :(

@Fern81 Ahh holiday at the coast sounds so good right now! I hope the virus is gone or at least decreased by May, as we have 2 weeks off then and would love to take a mini-getaway at one of the many beautiful places in Portugal! And yeah, there are unfortunately always people that don’t care and just keep on going as usual - but the only real way to reduce and get rid of a virus is to social distance ALL the way, so I truly hope all countries go in full lockdown soon. It sucks, but it’s the only way IMO.

@Fitz2020 Soo happy to see! What a gorgeous ultrasound pic!! I’m so glad that everything is perfect with bub :)

@Flueky88 I’m doing ok, thanks love :) still resting a lot and taking the progesterone I was given... not sure though how long I should be taking it. Spotting has disappeared completely! O:)

I’m dying to announce on social media, especially now that I’ve passed the 12 week mark, but I definitely won’t do it before my in-laws know, and it’s uncertain when we’ll be able to visit them next (due to the virus). But I am going to start dropping very subtle hints on my instagram stories :) none of his family are on IG, so it’s safe!

Thank you everyone.
@co_fostermom in Ireland the day goes first and then month when we take about dates in general. Like today is the 23/03/2020 so my due date is 13/10/2020, this scan says EDD is the 11/10/2020 but we’re going by my dates for now. Does that make sense???!

Thanks for fixing that Pineberry and no worries! As far as announcing, I can't wait til I'm 12 weeks!!! I'd finally be able to announce at that point. But I think we'd wait until after our photoshoot on the 4/26, which I think I'd be 14 weeks and then we'd have to wait to get the photos, so maybe my announcement will have to take another form because yeah, don't want to wait til after 14 weeks lol.

Fitz - I just realized that your scan pic must be dated day, month, year. Sorry, my America is coming out! We do it differently (month, day, year). So that makes much more sense lol.

Just got a call from my clinic that DH can't come to my scan on Wednesday. They said the closest he can come to the actual room is the hallway outside the clinic unless the waiting room is empty. He's gonna LOVE that. Ugh. I hate that this virus is totally stealing our joy for pregnancy. We've waited so long. I'm just glad he's gotten to see our baby with heartbeat twice now. Hopefully he'll get to be there for 2nd tri scans.

Thanks ladies :) fortunately the president came to the same conclusion and today, a mere week since social distancing measures were announced, we have been declared on full lockdown with the army standing by. Financial relief measures eg tax breaks in place. Lockdown 26 March at midnight till 16 April at midnight. Only allowed to leave our homes to buy food or go to the pharmacy/for essential medical reasons. I am going to phone the dr asap tomorrow to find out if I still get my prenatal appointments! Due one on 2nd April. I’m so glad we went on holiday while we still could!

Fitz, so happy that everything is going well!!! Yay!

We’re not even allowed to go for walks. President has admitted to all of our fears that our health care system won’t be able to cope.

Wow Fern that's intense. I do hope you can go to your appointment on the 2nd! What do people with dogs do, I wonder, if you can't go on walks?

Glad most of you are doing ok. I've just read through all your posts but don't have time to comment on them, sorry.

The virus is getting closer and closer to home here, lots of cases in our province, none confirmed in our town. However, anyone with symptoms are supposed to be staying home and unless you've been out of the country they won't test people! So there are probably lots of cases in our area but no one is being tested. They've closed all non-essential workplaces and schools in our area... by my workplace is still open (we repair train engines so are considered essential)... however I am getting increasingly worried about going to work. I know I am also needed at home, DH is struggling to do his online school work with the kids at home. I'm grateful that I still have a job but in a lot of ways I wish I could be home and being safely away from everyone else. Just frustrated.

Take care everyone!

Stay safe Joanna!!!! I hope you are able to work it all out.

Also, I'm SUPER glad the forum is back FINALLY! It's like lifeblood to me right now lol.

I hope you'll be able to stay home soon Joanna as that's really the safest thing right now.. that virus is no joke. Even if I'd most likely survive it, I just really, really wouldn't want to get it in the first place.

As for me - 12 week ultrasound tomorrow!! :dance:
And another consultation on Thursday where I'll get the results from my genetic testing bloodwork.

The clinic confirmed today that my SO won't be able to come into the ultrasound room with me :sad1: so the plan is to videochat him during the appointment.

Also, my SO is finaaallly able to work from home! He unexpectedly showed up at 4pm today, with two screens and a big computer in his hands. We're all done setting up his home office now and yaaayy! I'm just so happy I have him safe and sound at home. <3

Pineberry all the best with the scan and the appointment! Glad your partner is able to work from home now as well, what a relief!

Joanna that sounds similar to here, no one is being tested unless they’re hospitalised so we have no idea of the real numbers. We’re now only allowed out for one walk a day, to buy groceries or go to medical appointments. Pregnant women are part of the group here that have been advised to stay home for 12 weeks though. They’ve been clear that it’s purely precautionary and there’s no evidence to suggest it’s more dangerous for us. Have you spoken to your workplace about taking time off? Or is there any work you’d be able to do from home?

My friend is about to go for her 12 week scan and has been told she has to go alone, no partners (or anyone else) are allowed at scans and appointments at our hospital now. I completely understand why but I’m very nervous about having scans without DH!
I was hoping to get a private scan when I’m around 8 weeks. I’m not even sure they’ll be available at that point. We’d have no one to look after the kids so even if I can get an appointment, it’ll be alone.
I’ve still not heard from the midwives about my booking in appointment and my referral went in two weeks ago. I think I’ll feel better once I’m booked into the system. I feel quite alone at the moment!

Jellybean can you get in touch with the midwives again about booking you in? I really understand that you're feeling alone! And I hope you'll be able to get a private scan, for peace of mind.

Edited my last post to add that my bf won't be able to come into the ultrasound room - unfortunately it sounds like that's the practice pretty much everywhere now, so I'd keep my expectations low regarding that :( Sucks so bad. I hope the doctor won't mind me videochatting SO during the appointment.

Pineberry you and I both have scans tomorrow(!), and yep, DH can't come with me :nope:

Jelly I would definitely call them again and check on it. They're all pretty busy worldwide right now and it's very possible your referral got put in a pile to be forgotten about. It won't hurt to call. That's important, and even though you don't have the virus, you're pregnant, and still need care and you are important too!

Thanks both! They wouldn’t see me until 8 weeks anyway so if I’ve not heard anything by Friday, I’ll call them then.
Hope both your scans go well!

Joanna hope you get to stay home soon.

Jelly I hope you don't have to call about getting an appt.

Co and Pine I hope your scans go great today. So sorry your DHs can't attend. So far my ob office is allowing it but my appt isn't until next Friday so fully expect it to change by then. I am trying to prepare my DH for the possibility and he's not doing well with that.

@co_fostermom Yaayy for both of us having an ultrasound today! *high fives* What time is yours? Dont know about the time difference for all of us (I do know we are in the same timezone as the UK though), but mine is at 17:30! Will report back after!

Flueky, mine was pretty sad about it too :( feel so bad for our partners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->