★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Thank you so much everyone, wow I feel overwhelmed by your support, words of wisdom and advice. Jess I’m truly sorry you also had to go through something like this.

I’m going to see my gynae tomorrow without him. I could never bring myself to have an abortion, this child will be loved by me and my family at least! I am going to talk to the doctor and ask her advice.

Thank you so much everyone, wow I feel overwhelmed by your support, words of wisdom and advice. Jess I’m truly sorry you also had to go through something like this.

I’m going to see my gynae tomorrow without him. I could never bring myself to have an abortion, this child will be loved by me and my family at least! I am going to talk to the doctor and ask her advice.

So pleased you are speaking up about it, that is a very brave step. I have no doubts you will be an amazingly strong single mamma if that is the direction your journey takes. Always here if you want a chat! x

Fern so glad you are going to talk to your dr. It sounds like leaving him would be the best thing you could do for your son and unborn baby. My parents divorced when I was 4 or 5 and I'm thankful. They would fight a lot and it's not good for kids.

@Fern81 I’m so glad you’re going to talk to your doctor. I hope they can be helpful!
I’d just come on to say that I remembered from previous pregnancies that when giving a urine sample at the hospital, they had stickers available to put on the samples pots to subtlety indicate that you needed help if you were in an abusive relationship. I guess the one upside to this pandemic situation and women going to appointments alone is that it’s easier to speak to a doctor in confidence.
You can do this, you are worth so much more than the way he’s making you feel :hugs:

Had my ultrasound, baby is looking good. I didn’t get a nice pic. I did tell my dr about the situation and that husband might not be involved. She said she will help me with whatever I need. Husband was not interested in how it went, also didn’t want to see the ultrasound pics. Didn’t ask me how my brand new dr is (my previous dr emigrated). He is going to lose out on so much! It’s truly his loss!!

ETA: just made the appointment for my 12 week 4D scan on 24 April :) I really hope to see the sex then!

Last edited:
Fern :hugs: glad you have a supportive dr and other than no good scan pics that it went well.

I'm feeling so nauseated this morning. I haven't been vomitting yet though. In good news I slept 6 hours straight last night with a combined 8 hours. It was like heaven. Dd2 is teething and she's been keeping me up along with insomnia.

I had a suspicious mole biopsied yesterday. I'm hoping for good results, should be back in 1 to 2 weeks.

Scan in 2 days and I'm feeling excited and nervous at the same time. I'm having boy vibes but I'm going to assume I'm having another girl.

Hope everyone is well.

Glad scan went well Fern!

Good luck for yours Flueky xx

Flueky- Yay for another scan! Please post a pic :) my scan itself was nice, could see the limb buds etc, even saw baby move, I just don’t have a pic to share with you guys.

Flueky glad you’re getting some much needed sleep and I’m keeping fx that your mole biopsy result is benign x

@Fern81 :hugs: I’m so glad the scan went well and you’ve got a supportive doctor! Hope you’re managing to keep safe!

@Flueky88 good luck with the biopsy results and with the scan! Yay for a good sleep, it can make all the difference!

I’m full of queasiness and mood swings today. Keep going from feeling quite confident about the pregnancy to being convinced something is wrong. It doesn’t help that I’ve got another 5ish weeks until the 12 week scan.
There’s a private scan place near me that is still seeing people but I don’t know if it counts as an essential trip so I’ve not booked a scan like I was going to!
I have bought a Doppler though which I never would under normal circumstances. Still not sure if it’s a good idea :blush: I haven’t tried it yet as I think it’s too early!

Fern I'm really glad to hear that your doctor is supportive and that the scan went well. You only have three short weeks before you can get a beautiful picture!

Flueky I hope the biopsy comes back negative/ benign!

Sorry you're feeling sick today Jelly.

AFM I gave into a craving last night and am living to regret it. Total sugar overload (chocolate frosting). Have a horrible headache today that sleep or food didn't resolve and feeling kinda sick to my stomach. Also didn't sleep well. I'm just taking it all as good signs, but please remind me that I don't want a major sugar overload ever again!

@Fern81 - Great to hear that your scan went well and baby is doing wonderful :) can't wait to see yours and everyone else's upcoming pics!

@jellybeanxx Well queasiness/nausea is a good sign! Sorry you're not feeling well today though! I'd probably still go through with the scan if I were you (but that's because I am not the patient kind of pregnant woman, and I'd just crave for that peace of mind). I have heard mixed opinions on Dopplers, can't really provide input on it, but am curious if you'll be able to find the heartbeat with it in the future (have heard it can be quite tricky!).

@co_fostermom Aww hope you're feeling better soon!:hugs:

Not much to update here, other than that I went to the clinic today to pick up my blood sugar device. The GD nurse was sooo sweet, we had a lovely chat and now I'm supposed to monitor my blood sugar 4 times a day. She checked my blood sugar during the appointment and it was 94, which she was pleased with (maximum should be 140).

Out of curiosity I did my own check before, one hour after eating a bowl of cereal (the "fitness" kind)... and it was 182! Holy cow. WAY over maximum. :( Definitely not eating that anymore. Curious about my numbers tomorrow.

@Pineberry the group I’m on calls cereal GD kryptonite! Very few women can tolerate it at all! The thing found hardest when I first had GD was changing my mindset about ‘healthy’ eating. I grew up thinking low fat choices were the best ones. I’ve learnt that low fat often means high sugar. Cereal is a great example of that. Even if it doesn’t have a lot of sugar, all that carb turns to sugar in your blood stream and there’s not enough protein and fat to slow the absorption. Took me a while to get my head around it!
Really glad your GD nurse was lovely, the right support can make all the difference!

Definitely agree about cereal! Everytime I had raisin bran before an OB appt I had a veey small amount of sugar in my urine but passed my GTT with flying colors. I'm trying to avoid it but very little is appetizing in the morning.

Omg just logged on for the first time in about a month just over 200 comments to read!!!!

Obviously too many to reply to all but the scans are looking great. So glad everyone is still about!!

Fern- omg hun massive hugs what a giant penis he is! I am preying you kick his worthless butt out that door and don't look back! I was in a really abusive relationship not so much physically but everything else and it took me a long long time to get the help now me and my kids are awaiting a Pandora appointment for domestic abuse. You have to get away for yours and your kiddies sake! I'd have kicked him out with the pandemic see how amazing he thinks he is then ha!

Afm I had to take some time the whole covid-19 thing has really taken it's toll my kids are trying to kill each other and arguments between me and the man are happening over little things lol. I finally had my first midwife appointment and got my scan booked for Tues fingers crossed tho my partner can't come which is really upsetting xx

All the best with your scan @Catmumof4 hope it goes really well! It’s awful that our partners can’t come to scans with us, this whole thing is awful to be honest. I just hope it doesn’t carry on much longer!

Thank you I agree. Does anyone have any predictions on how long they think it will last x

@jellybeanxx Yep, I knew cereals were not the best choice of meal but I did not expect it to raise my blood sugar THAT much, especially since it was the lower sugar kind of cereal. Definitely learned a lesson! Cereals will no longer be part of my life, even after pregnancy!

And yes, foods high in healthy fats are definitely the way to go. I actually did keto + IF (intermittent fasting) long before getting pregnant, and while I will not be fasting during pregnancy obviously, I will now get back to my keto lifestyle.. meaning less than 20g of carbs per day, and virtually no sugar.

@Catmumof4 Good to hear from you, and good luck for your appointment on Tuesday, cant wait to hear about it :)

As for predictions how long covid-19 will be going on... well I do tons of research about it daily and it appears we are only in the beginning stages of it (scary!). I would say we will be lucky if this is completely "over" by July/August. I know some people who think this is gonna be over within a few weeks and I a gobsmacked by their sheer naiveté lol. I will say 3 more months at least (*maybe* less if all countries went into full 100% luckdown right away... there are still WAY too many carefree people going about their daily lives, partying it up, taking trips etc.).

Catmum sending you all the good vibes for your scan. Sorry that your partner can't come along...we seem to all be in the same boat. I'm just ever so thankful I'm not due til the end of October because I hope to goodness this is done by then!!! I feel so bad for 3rd tri mamas right now. There is just so much uncertainty.

My prediction is that things will start to go back to normal around June, though it really depends on where you live. I have a vow renewal scheduled for the beginning of August and I'm really hoping all of this isn't gonna ruin those plans. But, now I'm not sure many of the people we invited (even though it's a very small group) will even be able to come. Like my mom, who is severely immunocompromised, would probably be terrified to travel, even at the end of July. I guess we'll all just have to see.

Hi everyone. Lovely to read all your messages. @Fern81 I'm so glad your scan next went well and I’m going to really sorry about everything you’re going through at the moment. It’s hard enough as it is without the added stress.

@Catmumof4 i really don't know but I reckon it will be June anyway before things start to go back to normal too. Our restrictions are in place until Easter but it will definitely be extended after that.

I have a scan again next Thursday, I will be 13 + 2 days, looking forward to that, it will be nice to see baby again. I will be having fortnightly scan I would imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->