★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

I think the return to any sort of normality will be a gradual one with different restrictions lifted at intervals. I think the peak of it in the UK is predicted in the next couple of weeks and hopefully it will start to gradually improve from there but I think the rate at which that happens depends on a lot of factors especially things like testing for the virus and the development of antibody testing. I think we could also see restrictions being relaxed and then put back into place for periods of time depending on how it progresses. There’s a lot of unknowns.
Definitely feeling for women in their third trimester at the moment and hoping the world is in a much better place by autumn.

@co_fostermom I really hope things can go ahead as planned for your vow renewal! August is a while away yet so hopefully it’ll all be a lot calmer by then!

@Fitz2020 all the best with the scan!

Jellybean - I was thinking the same thing... certain things might go back into place but then taken away again based on how things progress.

I tattle-tailed on my Mother in Law today to my husband. She texted me asking about how I'm doing and I find out later in the conversation that she is sitting in a waiting room of a mechanic getting a radio antenna fixed on the car! That doesn't seem very pressing at the moment, but she claims she had to do it while it was under warranty. Still don't think I'd risk myself getting sick over a stupid radio antenna. My husband gave her shit haha. She lives in Florida and I don't think there are many/if any restrictions in place... which is very dangerous.

Cat sorry tensions are high at home due to covid. I hope you have a wonderful scan on Tuesday. I'm so sorry your partner can't come.

I'm thinking this is going to last a minimum of 2 months. It will really depend on everyone's actions. I believe 4 to 5 is more likely. I'm no expert though.

Co any chance you could postpone your renewal? Then again you might like a smaller amount of guests.

Fitz hope your scan goes well.

Joanna I don't blame you for tattling. That's definitely not necessary at the moment. Heck I'm getting close to needing an oil change and I don't want to go for that.

Thank u everyone for your well wishes for the scan! I had a moment just then that I forgot the day and thought the scan was tomorrow... I have no idea how I came to that conclusion LMAO!!

Seems everyone is different in their predictions I would guess end of June but I think that's more wishful thinking then anything else. We have a holiday booked July 24th that I can't cancel because we lose the money (£900.00 is a lot to my family). If park dean close their parks because of covid 19 we get the full refund so it's a waiting game. We are seeing it as a win win scenario if it's open we get a holiday if it's closed we get the refund. I hope it's open tho!!
Sorry I'm rambling I think I'm missing other adult conversation LMAO!!

Co I really hope your renewal can still go ahead! X

Cat I feel you. We have a disney vacation booked end of May. I really want to take my girls but not sure what it'll be like at that time.

Happy 2nd tri....tomorrow :)

AFM I forgot to mention. It's scan day! This has been the longest week! In about 6 hours I should get to see our little peanut. Last night I started to feel like I wasn't pregnant but hello nausea this morning. FX we see a healthy baby.

Happy 2nd Tri Catmum!!!! (today is close enough)

Happy scan day Flueky!!! I hope it goes as perfectly as you dreamed it would.

DH and I were supposed to fly to Colorado the beginning of May to celebrate his grandpa's 90th birthday. The family cancelled the party out of safety concerns for him but we were still planning on going. Then the airline we're flying for the first leg of the trip cancelled our flight out. Waiting on the refund for that but we also don't know what to do about the second leg of the trip (meaning, the return journey). We didn't purchase the cancellation insurance so not sure if we cancel that half of the trip if we'd get back that money. It's frustrating. We're just biding our time at this point to see what that airline will do. We can't fly from Colorado if we never got there in the first place.

Didn't get great pics but healthy baby measuring 7w5d with hr of 163. So all went well :)

Pine would you update my dd to 11/15? Thank you:)

Dipping my toe in here if I’m welcome! I’m guessing I’m due 11/29. As you can see from my signature it’ll be baby #11! Very unexpected. Not because I don’t know what causes this, lol, but I’m going to be 44 next week & my dh 60 in July. I just had my iud taken out due to complications & never expected to go straight to a bfp!
I’m thrilled to be given this miracle at my age, but I’m terrified at the potential risks and complications because of my age. I have my first scan 4/20. Hoping for the best & trying to channel lots of love & positive thought to my little bean. Well, orange seed at this point, lol.
Congrats to you all!

@LuvallmyH congratulations and welcome! Wow, baby 11. How exciting and amazing. Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy x

Flueky I'm glad your scan went well! Sorry about not getting a good picture though.

I need my due date updated on the first page please!

I had my first visit today, we were a little over a week off in dates which was suspected. Baby's heart rate is strong at 144bpm and is measuring 7w3d, putting my due date at 17th November!

AD2ED5D4-91D4-4D2C-8373-E0E880CE737F.jpeg

I have updated everybodys due dates! Also, welcome @LuvallmyH :dance: congrats on baby 11, wow, that is a lot of babies! How old is your oldest and your youngest, if you dont mind me asking? :) Wishing you a safe and healthy pregnancy!

@Flueky88 and @CC94, Im so happy to hear both of your scans went wonderfully <3 absolutely brilliant! @Catmumof4, congrats on 2nd trimester - Its such a milestone :happydance:

Also - curious to hear how the ones are doing that we have not heard from in a long time - @AzureOrchid, @Poas addict, @fein _but_wai , @love.peace , @JessaBear36, @EmmaVH and @Lissy_Sweetie - I hope all of you are doing okay <3

Last edited:
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well and coping x

Flueky and CC94, so glad your scans went well! Always a relief!

Welcome @LuvallmyH , wow baby 11! What a surprise:) hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy:)

Co_foster I love that you’re basically a week ahead of me, I love eyeing your signature to check how big my baby will be next week this time!

With my last pregnancy, one of my thread friends and I gave birth on the same day. It is going to be so cool when all of us start posting our birth stories. I can’t wait for lockdown to be over and severe restrictions to start lifting so that we can start having more “normal” pregnancy experiences. I know this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I would love to have a gender reveal party and a baby shower for this one too.

Omw I’m looking forward to the 12 week scan... 3 weeks... I really hope I find out the sex.

I have updated everybodys due dates! Also, welcome @LuvallmyH :dance: congrats on baby 11, wow, that is a lot of babies! How old is your oldest and your youngest, if you dont mind me asking? :) Wishing you a safe and healthy pregnancy!

@Flueky88 and @CC94, Im so happy to hear both of your scans went wonderfully <3 absolutely brilliant! @Catmumof4, congrats on 2nd trimester - Its such a milestone :happydance:

Also - curious to hear how the ones are doing that we have not heard from in a long time - @AzureOrchid, @Poas addict, @fein _but_wai , @love.peace , @JessaBear36, @EmmaVH and @Lissy_Sweetie - I hope all of you are doing okay <3

Hi !

I’m ok thank you - I’ve been logging in but not really had anything to update with - it’s been a slow couple of weeks working from home and homeschooling which has been exhausting.

Booking phone call is Thursday, then will wait for scan to come through which I need to go to on my own. Not had many symptoms this past week other than sore bbs that come and go and exhaustion, so fingers crossed everything is still OK [-o&lt;! Had quite a bit of anxiety - feels like such a long time to wait for a scan to see if everything is ok!
Anyway I hope you are all ok - love seeing the scan pics xxx

Also my ticker is off :-k I am 8 weeks and 5 days (9 weeks Tuesday) not sure what’s happened there!

It’s good to hear from you & I am glad to hear all seems to be going well, @Lissy_Sweetie. I can relate to the wait for the first scan and then all the waits between scans feel like an eternity (though I’m not one to talk as I have been spoiled with quite a few ultrasounds already). I am sure your little beanie is doing just fine :)

Uff... Had such a weird, emotional day today & ended up going to the hospital... 8-[

The whole anxiety started last night when I checked my blood glucose 1h after dinner (which wasn’t a VERY high carb meal - some sweet potatoes, salmon, veggies). Was quite shocked to see my blood glucose at 162 (maximum should be 140). I love sweet potatoes and they’re considered diabetes friendly, so that shattered me a little hahah

Anyway, I then went down a Google rabbithole and saw articles about how gestational diabetes can result in second trimester fetal death...](*,)

Went to bed worried, and woke up several times during the night with period-like cramps - not severe, but enough to make me wonder what’s going on

My PJ pants then had brown bloodstains on them in the morning, even though my brown spotting (from the hematoma) had completely gone away about 4-5 days ago.

Logically I knew that all of these things aren’t reason for concern, but the entire day today I couldn’t shake this feeling that something might be wrong, and even cried several times (I suspect pregnancy hormones might also be at play here). SO was such a sweetheart laying in bed with me and holding me.

I decided to go to the hospital (I am very lucky that in my country, if you have a private hospital, you can just go there anytime during pregnancy and for a small fee they’ll check you right away if you say you aren’t feeling well/ had cramps/ spotting) for peace of mind and sanity.

There was literally no other patient there so it went fast, and my little boy is doing just fine! He’s gotten so big since the last time I saw him :shock: I was so relieved to hear the heartbeat that I started crying once again lol.

I dont know how normal it is to still be this anxious in the 2nd trimester. Thought I would finally be worry-free after passing the 12 week mark.. I’ve dealt with anxiety a lot in the past (especially severe anxiety surrounding loss of loved ones, such as my SO) so maybe that plays into it too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->