★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

@Pineberry :hugs: sounds like you’ve had a stressful day! I’m so glad you’ve got such a supportive SO and what sounds like fantastic medical care. Try not to stress yourself too much about the odd high reading. If you continue to get high readings there are plenty of medication options to get your sugars under control. Make sure you’re getting plenty of water too as that will help. Some women find they tolerate different types of carbs better than others. I could never handle bread especially in the later weeks but I’m fine with rice and potatoes! It can be a case of trial and error and the odd higher reading can be part of that process. Don’t be scared of carbs either, I know it’s tempting just to cut them out but it’s better to keep some in your diet even if you need a bit of medical help to tolerate them.
You’re doing great, just keep trying and look after yourself. If the anxiety continues then maybe see if your hospital has any support available? I was under the perinatal mental health team in my second pregnancy and they were incredible.

@Pineberry I’m sorry for what you went through! I’m everything turned out ok. Also, my oldest is 20 and my youngest is 1.5. 3 girls & 7 boys.

Yay for the new scans! what great reassurance.

Thanks ladies :hugs:and thanks @jellybeanxx for the reassuring words, yes, the high reading on Sat night really threw me off and stressed me out (I had been in a super good mood up until then). Definitely made me paranoid I could be directly damaging my baby with all those high glucose readings. Yes, I’ll look into support if the anxiety continues. For now it was just an off, weird down day, am feeling much better today and hope I won’t feel this anxious again. After all, chances of loss are less than 2% past the 12 week mark and I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

@LuvallmyH wow, lots of boys! :) I come from a family of 7 (2 girls, 5 boys) and have definitely loved the big family life (though it was chaotic for sure when we were all little). We’ll see if my mind changes with time, but for now my dream was always to have at least 4 kids :) Do you have a gender preference for this one?

Pineberry - glad you seem to be doing better now. I always wanted 4 kids when I was younger but my two kids are so close in age (22 months) that I couldn't handle more when they were so young.

I'm still thinking about having 4 kids but we take them 1 at at time lol. My daughter is convinced that we are having twins... she'd like one of each haha. I guess I will find out next week at my first scan, if it doesn't get cancelled again! I can't believe how many scans some of you have had and I'm over 11 weeks with no scan yet.

Finally ordered some maternity clothing. Could only order from Walmart online, all proper maternity stores are closed around here.. you could order online from them but won't get anything until they are open and can ship. I'm desperate for some maternity pants, can only fit into 2 pairs of pants (trousers for you UK ladies lol).

I hope everyone is well and staying safe xoxox.

@Joannaxoxo - I have definitely heard a lot about how difficult 2 under 2 etc. are, so my plan is to space them out a little; maybe have the next baby when this one is around 3 or so. If baby fever doesnt hit before then ha! We shall see. I just love the idea of a full house especially later on when everyone gathers for christmas and so on.

You've just reminded me that I also need to start ordering maternity clothes!! Been ordering so much baby stuff that I completely forgot about that.. but maybe I still have some time left as we will probably continue being at home for the next 2-3 months. For now, when we go grocery shopping, I use my size 12 (UK size 14) pants back from when I was slightly overweight a few years ago hehe.

@Joannaxoxo no scans here yet either and not even got a date for my first one yet. The private scanning place near me has closed now too so will just have to wait for the NHS 12 week scan! Keeping everything crossed for you that your scan next week goes ahead as planned!
I think I’ll need to dig the maternity clothes out soon. I’m living in joggers as even though my jeans still fit, I can’t stand the feeling of the waist band on my stomach! I’m glad you found somewhere that will ship them to you! I live in the UK but in my area, a lot of people say pants instead of trousers! Definitely trousers in other parts of the UK though :lol:

@Pineberry I’m so glad to hear you’re feeling better today. Those pregnancy hormones can get the better of anyone and I think emotions are generally heightened at the moment!

I always wanted four kids too but I doubt that will happen now as it always takes so long for me to get pregnant. I’m so fortunate to be pregnant with a third with all the fertility issues that we’ve had that I’m definitely not complaining about it and my husband is already worrying about the kids outnumbering us :haha:

Hey all, pineberry so sorry you had that anxiety attack, Dr Google isn't allowed in my house (or so my partner thinks teehee) because it stresses me out big time,

Joanna I'm uk and we are trousers here haha but I'm 13 weeks and have my first scan tomorrow can't wait

Luv I'm on baby 6 and deffo my last, I have 4 girls 1 boy so desperately preying it's a boy lol do you have any prefarances

Afm not a lot to report. Still being randomly sick but it's getting less often so that's good. I'm getting a lot of cramps atm which is scary but I'm relaxing in bed and it's easing. Wish me luck for the scan tomorrow xx

Hey all! Sorry I've been out of the loop for a day! Anyway, Pineberry, I'm sorry about your anxiety and I understand how it can just kinda creep up on you after being totally fine. As a side note, my hematoma spotting will come and go...I'll think it's completely gone and then a week later it'll start again. Apparently that's normal.

Joanna - have you tried: Seraphine.com, motherhood.com, apeainthepod.com, asos.com ??? I've been able to purchase items from them with no issue but I'm also in the US. Asos and Seraphine are both UK based though so perhaps you could start with those and see if the UK warehouses are still open? It wouldn't make sense that that US warehouses are open but not the UK ones for UK based stores. Amazon is also a good option.

AFM I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow (my ticker is a day ahead for some reason). And I think I'm finally starting to show! I still have to suck in my belly to really be able to tell and I think to the general public I probably just look chubby, :haha: but there's definitely a difference now!

IMG_6588.jpeg

Foster - thanks for the other ideas... we do have Motherhood maternity here but I assumed it was also closed like many of the other companies. I'll check them out. And lovely bump shot, I'll have to get a picture of mine soon.

Jellybean - I'd be in my yoga pants if I was able to work from home right now (or pajama bottoms) but since I work in an office that is still open I need decent clothing. Most of my nice work pants are fitted, so no button to open and loosen... I also hate the feeling of it pushing on my bump. Wish I hadn't donated all my maternity clothing a couple years ago.

Catmum - sorry your still getting sick but glad its lessening. I'm not as nauseous as I was but my gag reflex is stronger now... I can't stand to brush my teeth and I seem to have a lot of saliva, so eating normal food sometimes makes me want to gag. It's awful. Good luck with the scan tomorrow.

I've got to get DH to get my maternity clothes out of storage soon. I want it before I need it. No bump yet for me.

Oh and Pine 2 under 2 is challenging. I can't believe I'm doing it again. I'm hoping my oldest will help distract my 2nd. My first was such an easy baby she tricked me into ttc so soon (that and fact it took 18 months to conceive my 1st). She turned into a challenging toddler. She's mellowed out quite a bit now though. I now can't imagine a different gap for them.

@co_fostermom cute little bumpie!! It's gonna be so cool when we all get our big adorable bellies! As a first time mom I literally cannot imagine myself with a huge bump yet, it's so wild and surreal.

OMG, I totally just ordered a car seat and a stroller. Didn't plan on doing that at all, spent the whole evening researching which ones I'd like (was planning to order in 2-3 months), but then saw that my favourite stroller was going out of stock... and with the virus and production slowing down (and Amazon having stated they wouldn't be re-stocking things for a while) I was worried it wouldn't come back in stock by the time October arrives.

The car seat... well I was already making a big order, so thought I might as well add it to it :p

I don’t have a preference on gender. At this point it doesn’t really matter.
I’m behind most of you & my sickness is just starting. I take it as a good sign. I’ve gotten it every time.
I gave everything away!! I’ll have to buy maternity clothes, baby clothes, baby gear.... I’m sporting quite a bump already, but that’ll happen after 10 kids lol. And so much first trimester bloating.

Hi everyone

Cute bump co_foster!

I’m glad to see many ladies are not feeling so sick anymore.

We’re headed into winter and no clothes are being sold or delivered. LUCKILY I bought winter clothes for my fast growing toddler the day before lockdown otherwise he would have suffered, we’ve had a very cold spell brrr. Luckily I also have a few maternity jeans and other pants but no nice winter mat tops. In my previous pregnancy I wore tight fitting tops but now when(ever?) I’m going back to school I would prefer loose tops. I feel self conscious about standing in front of a classroom with a large bump and tight clothes, it feels unprofessional. Hope they open the stores soon and don’t extend lockdown.

Here is my 10 week bump, don’t know why it’s sideways!

1B100AF6-A781-4A31-9867-203AFBABDB8A.jpeg

Last edited:
Fern - cute bump <3

AFM - I must have a fresh batch of pregnancy hormones over the past 24 hours as my mood has changed. Feeling tired and stressed out. I thought my energy was returning because I felt good over the weekend. But today I've got a small headache, tired and I cried on my way to work this morning when my favourite song came on the radio. I think I'm stressed out by being nervous about getting sick because I still have to go into work. I'm also stressed out because I have my first ultrasound next week and am worried it will be cancelled again... (this is my backup appointment I booked in case my original was cancelled again... and it was). Plus, I have to drive over an hour away into the city to get to the appointment, which I'd love to have my husband take me but they won't let anyone in the appointment, so no sense in dragging him along and the kids.

So just feel like a lot is going on and I'd love nothing more right now then to go home and take a nap... but I did that last week and can feel my work doesn't approve, although they wouldn't actually say anything if I did leave again. Sorry for my ramble, just need to get this out.

Cute bump Fern! I hope you are able to get new clothes soon!

I'm sorry about the mood swings Joanna and I really hope all goes well with your private scan and that you get to keep it. It'll be worth the drive in the end.

Hey all cute bump pics.

Sorry your feeling like that Joanna I feel your pain I was supposed to have my scan today, got there and was told it was rescheduled for tomorrow, then on the way to the car I missed a call from the scan department (but the admin are in a different area of the hospital so couldn't just go see them) and iv been trying to call them back all day but no answer. So I have a feeling I will get there tomorrow and it will have been moved again. Feel like crying!! It's bad enough all the crap happening in the world without being messed about as well! Sorry for the moan just feeling really down x

:hugs: Catmum. Hope your appointment doesn't get rescheduled/ cancelled. It could be they were just confirming it...

Lovely bump pics ladies!

Sorry about your scan catmum, hopefully they were just confirming details and it isn't cancelled again tomorrow.

I've had my scan today, all looking good and moved my due date forward by 1 to the 11th October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->