♡ January Babies 2021♡

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Groups & Discussions' started by JessaBear36, May 2, 2020.

1. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

Thank you!

I know it’s so hard to get your hopes up for a girl. We’ve had the name picked out for a long time - initially we wanted Norah but the boys have E names and Eleanor could be shortened to Norah as well if we wanted to, so it fit better. I’m preparing for a third boy, but I dunno you can’t help but hold out hope that we might get a girl this time :p

J middle names - here’s the ones I can think of:
    Jordan
    Jonathon
    Jasper
    John
    Jericho
    Joshua
    Jonah
    Jake
    Jace
    Justin

topazicatzbet likes this.
  2. GrowingMum

GrowingMum Well-Known Member

Sander, I'm sorry you're feeling yuck. So far so good for me, but I've been super tired by mid afternoon. Like I want to go to bed at 5.

I like the names you picked out. We have some girl name ideas, but nothing chosen yet. For some reason fitting boy names have always been hard for me to find.

I've got my first appointment today. It's over the phone and only with my gp. She provides antenatal care, but might refer me to an ob anyway. I'm anxious to book my first scan. When are everyone else's scans?

Sander likes this.
  3. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

Mine is on the 25th :)

4. EmilyIGF

EmilyIGF Well-Known Member

My scan is the 23rd, can't wait!

With our son we had a humongous list of names we thought of throughout the pregnancy. We didn't know what we were having so it had boy and girl names, I'll have to dig up the list again. Funny thing is we didn't pick one of the names on the list, it was something we came up with the last couple days before he came!

Sander likes this.
  5. JessaBear36

JessaBear36 Time will heal all wounds

Doing ok. Tests finally went negative and we DTD last 2 nights if ovulation still on track should ovulate this Friday. Going to dtd again tomorrow too. Just glad my man is home safe and there for me. Been down about it but everyday gets better.

Sander likes this.
  6. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

All my fingers crossed for you Jessa. Are you tracking O this cycle?

7. topazicatzbet

topazicatzbet mummy to 3 boys

Fingers crossed jessa.

I ve been stressing all day. I ve had a niggly stabbing pain where i usually get ovulation pains. So worried this could be going bad. If its still there tom I'm gonna call the doctors.

8. GrowingMum

Good luck Jessa. I hope this month is your sticky month. Have you been working with your doc about reasons you might be having recurrent miscarriages? Fingers crossed for you

Try not to stress. It's probably normal and everything is fine. Do call the doc if you're worried though. I've been having mild pain on lower left side, and I've read it could be a harmless cyst on the ovary that released the egg. Definitely if the pain gets worse, call. Mine has not gotten any worse, but I still feel it several times a day. I'm trying not to stress over it, but it's hard not to worry a little.

Anyone want to share some boy name ideas? I'm at a total loss.

9. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

I had this with my boys Topaz. It was a cyst on the ovary that produced the egg - both times it resolved on its own and the ultrasound tech said ovaries actually almost always create a cyst after releasing an egg (can’t remember the science-y explanation haha). Anyways I’m sure it’ll all be ok! Hopefully your OB can give you some reassurance if necessary :hugs:

GrowingMum I’ll share the list we made for our boys - I’ve added to it since 2017 so there’s quite a few names on there :haha:

Henry
    Jack
    Benjamin
    Thomas
    Ezra
    Sawyer
    Thatcher
    Tucker
    Alistair
    Cooper
    Jasper
    Theodore
    Charlie
    Bennett
    Rowan
    Levi
    Holden
    Isaac
    Wyatt
    August
    Watson
    Soren
    Flynn
    Finlay
    Griffin
    Phoenix
    Flint
    Elias
    Oliver
    Gavin
    Winslow
    Shepherd
    Malachi
    Emmett
    Shiloh
    Everest
    Bowen
    Christopher
    Wilder
    Asher
    Brooks

10. topazicatzbet

Thanks sander that makes me feel much better. Didn't sleep much at all last night for worry but this morning it seems much better just the occasional twinge.
    Oddly it would have been the time I would have been ovulating if I hadn't got the bfp.

11. jadza

jadza Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcomes. I have a scan at 7 weeks on the 21st. Very nervous being my first natural conception.

I have no idea when to tell people. Our housemate knows and my best friend knows. Thats it. My partner and I are in a bit of a unique situation. We had only been together for 4 months. I have two children (DD 5 and DS 3) to my ex husband and he has 2.5 year old twins to his ex partner. So tehnically this is #5. We are very worried about the general backlash. Close family we think will be supportive.

Names... hmmm when my partner and I first got together the name Jasmine kept popping up everywhere!!! So hes very set on that name haha and I like Stirling for a boy. All my family are from Stirling in Scotland (i live in Australia)

12. jadza

jadza Well-Known Member

Also is any interested in a private facebook group? The last pregnancy group I had on here almosy 4 years ago moved to Facebook and we are all still chatting!!

13. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

Glad you’re feeling better Topaz!

Jadza I love the idea of naming a boy after where you’re from :) It’s hard to worry about what people will think. We planned our kids close together but I think we’ll still get a ton of comments about it.

Sure I’d join a FB group - I’m in one for my older boys too and they’re still active! Actually one of the ladies from my May 2018 group ended up living only a few blocks from us - she had twins and she named one of her boys Elias too :haha:

14. topazicatzbet

Sander did your pain come and go with the cysts. No pain all day and its started back up again tonight. Not as vad though. I feel really bloated again with it.

I also feel major sick tonight. Guess the hormones are kicking it up a gear

15. GrowingMum

Sander, I'm glad you're feeling better, and thanks for the list of names. You've got some good ones on there.

Is anyone doing prenatal yoga? I want to, but with the social isolation and no in-person classes, it's hard to keep motivated.

16. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

Yes I did have it on and off for quite a while. I can’t 100% remember when it went away.

GrowingMum I’ve never tried prenatal yoga! I was doing exercise using that JustDance game but can’t find the motivation anymore :rofl:

17. topazicatzbet

Thats reassuring. The pain came back last night so I have rung my doctor this morning and they have arranged a scan this afternoon.

18. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

Oh that’s so good they’re able to get you in for a scan so quickly! Fx everything goes well :)

19. topazicatzbet

Scan showed pregnancy in the uterus and a small bleed next to it which apparently is common and not much to worry about and could be what is causing the pain.

They could see the sac but no fetal pole which has got me a little worried. They didn't seem too concerned though and said its really early.

20. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

Such great news!!! I’d try not to worry too much about the fetal pole - did they date the pregnancy?