♡ January Babies 2021♡

They said about 5 weeks which there is no way I am I'm def 6 weeks today but been reading up and the sac measured 0.9cm and at 5 weeks it should measure 5-6mm then a mm a day which would mean about 5 +4. Given the ultrasound measurements usually give and take 3 days I think the measurements are OK. Apparently a fetal pole can be seen between 5.5 and 6.5 weeks so still time for it to show.

Both the ultrasound tech and the nurse didn't seem concerned so I guess I should relax a bit.

Oh yeah Topaz that sounds really promising. I actually googled it and found an article that said sometimes they can’t even see a fetal pole until 9 weeks?? Seemed like a dating issue to me but I guess you never know with babies. Anyhow, you still have your scan on the 25th right? I’m sure you’ll be able to see a lovely heartbeat by then!

They said about 5 weeks which there is no way I am I'm def 6 weeks today but been reading up and the sac measured 0.9cm and at 5 weeks it should measure 5-6mm then a mm a day which would mean about 5 +4. Given the ultrasound measurements usually give and take 3 days I think the measurements are OK. Apparently a fetal pole can be seen between 5.5 and 6.5 weeks so still time for it to show.

Both the ultrasound tech and the nurse didn't seem concerned so I guess I should relax a bit.

Topaz, I'm so glad your scan looked good. I'm sure you'll hear the heartbeat at your next scan.

I'm booked for a dating scan on the 18th. I've had nausea today :sick: and fatigue. Can't wait for first tri to be over.

How’s everyone doing?

This nausea is brutal, all day every day. I can barely eat anything :sick: Still haven’t thrown up though so that’s a bonus :haha:

Other than that doing ok. Scan is coming up in just over a week!

How’s everyone doing?

7 weeks today, for some reason that’s always a big moment for me. I think I finally start feeling a bit more confident around 7+ weeks. Tried to find baby on the Doppler yesterday (crazy I know!!) I thought I heard a hint of a something but it was gone so quick I couldn’t be sure, and I couldn’t find it again. I’ll try tonight but I have to limit myself to 10 minutes or I use it for too long.

We still haven’t really told anyone which is unusual for me. Maybe after the ultrasound I’ll tell a friend or two. Has anyone else told anymore people?

We have only told my sister and I ve told work for safety reasons. If the scan on Monday goes well we will tell our parents and close friends and the older kids.

Still very nervous for this scan given the results of the last one and I only have mild symptoms.

We have only told my sister and I ve told work for safety reasons. If the scan on Monday goes well we will tell our parents and close friends and the older kids.

Still very nervous for this scan given the results of the last one and I only have mild symptoms.

I know how you feel, the heartbeat scan is definitely the scariest for me. I’ve so been hoping to find it on the Doppler beforehand just to alleviate some of the anxiety. And I’m sure you’re extra nervous with your earlier scan - but I have a feeling everything will be ok! If it makes you feel better, when I was pregnant with Emmett (my 2nd) I had zero symptoms the whole time. I always said it was like I wasn’t even pregnant haha. He was obviously just fine and bonus points for him being a very easy baby too!

How are you doing Emily? You have a scan coming up on Saturday right? So exciting!

The clinic called to remind me about my scan on Monday - I always drink too much water and end up busting by the time I get there :wacko:

Jessa I’m watching your testing thread - if you get a bfp this cycle maybe we can make this a January/February group and we can still be in the same group!

How are you doing Emily? You have a scan coming up on Saturday right? So exciting!

The clinic called to remind me about my scan on Monday - I always drink too much water and end up busting by the time I get there :wacko:

Jessa I’m watching your testing thread - if you get a bfp this cycle maybe we can make this a January/February group and we can still be in the same group!

That's a great idea!!

Looking forward to seeing how your scan goes ..very exciting!!

Still no luck with the Doppler - I know it’s silly but it makes me worried. I think it’s because I found my son’s HB more than once in the 7th week and I’m using the exact same Doppler. So I don’t love that I haven’t found it even once with this baby. I know it’s stupid early to even be looking, but I just figured if I could pick it up last time there would be no reason I couldn’t do it this time too.

It could just be where baby has implanted I'm sure everything is fine especially with your symptoms. Its crazy early to be listening in.

It could just be where baby has implanted I'm sure everything is fine especially with your symptoms. Its crazy early to be listening in.

I have been thinking it could be where baby implanted - I try and think of it as it being a good thing since it’s unlikely baby implanted in my scar. I would think if that baby was closer to the front I would be able to hear it. Anyways, why we have to drive ourselves crazy worrying about very unlikely situations is beyond me :haha:

Hope your scan goes well today Emily :)

Hey everyone, all good here, the scan went well (but I'm with you Sander, I way over drank and was hella uncomfortable the whole time!).

I'm measuring a little ahead of where I thought at 8w3d, so must have ovulated earlier than usual. That actually puts my due date at 30 December. Do you guys mind if I stick to this thread? I'd rather a January baby so I'm going to try to "hold it in" haha.

Otherwise morning sickness is kicking my butt. Nausea and exhaustion all day, no vomitting yet thankfully. Now that I know everything's progressing, can't wait for this tri to be over. We plan on telling our families next weekend via my 2 year old wearing a big brother t shirt.

Good luck everyone on scans, can't wait to hear results :)

Hey everyone, all good here, the scan went well (but I'm with you Sander, I way over drank and was hella uncomfortable the whole time!).

I'm measuring a little ahead of where I thought at 8w3d, so must have ovulated earlier than usual. That actually puts my due date at 30 December. Do you guys mind if I stick to this thread? I'd rather a January baby so I'm going to try to "hold it in" haha.

Otherwise morning sickness is kicking my butt. Nausea and exhaustion all day, no vomitting yet thankfully. Now that I know everything's progressing, can't wait for this tri to be over. We plan on telling our families next weekend via my 2 year old wearing a big brother t shirt.

Good luck everyone on scans, can't wait to hear results :)

So glad you had a good scan! Yes please stay, I feel like our group is already so tiny haha. Lol at holding it in :haha: Was your older son on time/early/late? Both my kids were early, I’m not sure if this one will be very early January or very late December - we’ll see!

I’m having major anxiety about this scan. Keep trying to remind myself that I haven’t had spotting or bleeding so everything should be fine - I’m just ready for it to be over and to see the baby! Then I can relax a bit.

That’s a fun way to announce! We did that with my son but barely anyone noticed his shirt :rofl: My family isn’t crazy observant though lol

I’m pretty sure I caught the baby’s heartbeat tonight. Maybe like 80% lol. It was so quiet it was hard to tell if I was hearing it or imagining it haha. But where I found it was tucked way under my pubic bone just left of the center. Anyways, I’m not for sure confident that was it as it was so so hard to hear, but I’m letting myself believe it was just so I can let go of some of this anxiety I’m carrying around :wacko:

Thats great news Emily and yes please stay.

I'm super nervous for tom scan. Doesn't help I have to go alone. I just want to see a heartbeat so I can relax. I ve sore nipples, I'm always tired at the mo cos ollie is sleeping bad again and I have a low level of sickness most of the time with waves where it gets worse.

Glad you found the heartbeat sander, o may have ro borrow the doppler from work if all is well so my husband can hear it.

It’s extra hard that we have to go alone Topaz!! I hope you have a great scan. It will be nice once they’re over with for sure. At least it’s come up fairly quickly - I can’t believe it’s tomorrow already

Sorry ladies looks like your group will be getting smaller. Still no fetal pole at my scan so looks like a missed miscarriage.

Oh Topaz I’m so so sorry to hear this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->