♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Very tough call, giggle. I have only done a VBAC after one section, and it was a good experience. I don't know though if baby #2 had been a cesarean if I would try for a vaginal birth for baby #3, but that's also because I know I don't want to have a fourth. The smaller estimate for baby makes it sound a bit more enticing though, and I do get wanting to maybe have the experience of birth a different way than you have previously. A scheduled cesarean is so much nicer than ending up with an emergency one though. Ugh, such a tough one...
I can't recall, you're under OB care?

Must of been a day for scans as I had one today too!

That’s a tough call giggle and although I have no personal experience but was your previous sections emergency sections? If so how would you feel about another emergency section if labour didn’t progress? Or would you feel robbed of a vaginal birth if you had a planned c section? Sorry if that isn’t helpful, but I would go the route that I believe that would give me the best experience(ie less stressful) as long as you and baby are ok that’s what’s most important.

Glad your scan went well Miss Marple. She seems like she will be a healthy size!

I’m just going to post this and look back at who I’ve missed as it won’t let me save it today:?

Mwel, sounds promising! You will be term tomorrow so could be soon.

Wriggley, that’s such a pain about your section. You’d think they would of taken your fast labour into consideration earlier so you could of got an earlier section date! I’ve seen a few women go before their section dates so hopefully you’ll get bumped up the list.

AFM, I had my scan today and baby is measuring just over 7lb and is REALLY head down as in no one can even feel the head she is that far down in my pelvis but I don’t think it means anything other than I have a wide pelvis because I seem to remember this last time too lol. But I mentioned I wasn’t happy with movements so I have to go in for weekly scans and twice weekly CTGs.

Sounds like the day of appointments for sure. I had my 39 week appointment today. No scAn though. I have absolutely no idea the size of this baby but I'm not expecting small just because of my boys. I am only 1cm dialated. So..at this point I feel like I'm gonna be overdue... And I'm ready to be done now...lol.. so tired of braxton hicks

Giggle I say go for the vbac, but I don't really have a reason why. I haven't had a section so it's hard for me to give an opinion.

Final stretch ladies!!!

I had my 36 week scan yesterday baby is measuring 7lb 9oz lol. I went round to day care to get them to plot to measurements and explained that I was meant to see the consultant after but because my scan fell on this week obviously due to the holidays the consultant clinic wasn’t running so was told to ask for a doctor review. The midwife seemed a bit put out by this and said that I had at least a 2 hour wait so I told her not to worry and to just plot the graph. She then came out and said that because the baby is measuring big and it did say on her system to have a doc review she wanted me to wait. So I waited 3 hours to be told by the doc they didn’t need to worry as I was having a section anyways!

Usually our hospital is really good but they been a bit hard work this last few weeks.

When I first got there I asked if she could take my blood pressure quickily as I had been having bad head aches, visual disturbances and feeling spaced out over the last 24 hours and she just huffed at me that there was a long wait and I’d have to wait my turn.

Couple of ladies in obvious pain left without being seen because they had been waiting so long and the day care waiting room is just a load of hard chairs they were getting really uncomfortable and th midwife just kept saying ‘it’s christmas we are busy’

Wrig wtf?! What does Christmas have to do with ailing people? Maybe they were understaffed...? That is so rude though. I'm sure they're stressed but I despise when people in the medical profession let their personal feeling leak into their interactions with patients. So did you end up getting the BP check after all? I hope you didn't have the kid with you, bet they'd be so impatient!

Bbb are you feeling the pressure down low from her position ?

Randa/bbb-- thanks for giving me a few more things to consider! To answer, I am under ob care. There is a midwife group but they don't use the hospital I want and any personal midwife would be too expensive for us right now.
Regarding my previous labors, both were long possibly due to back labor/"sunny side up" babies and their size. Ds1, my water went first and I wasn't contracting so they induced me. It was a snowball effect of failed interventions from there. I got to 7cm, but it took 16 hours, he was having decels, and with no waters they were freaking out and I was pushed into the c section. I was much younger and not at knowledgeable then...ds2, it was a long labor again (34 hours until i started pushing), but i fully dilated and he had descended but turned his head IN the dang birth canal! He got wedged and was not coming out. They were afraid, because of now stuck he was, to use vacuum or forceps because of the high risk of injury. When the term "possible brain damage" was mentioned, I was terrified and agreed to the emergency c section. They got him out, and he did have a welt on his head but was otherwise fine, however I suffered greatly. I hemorrhaged, had a transfusion, a massive wound to recover from (i tore internally during surgery), severe anemia...it was a very rough recovery.

So I am all around scared of c sections, more scared of an emergency one, and thrilled with the idea of a vba2c but also terrified what it means if I fail.

I will have to do some research on the head position he had and see the likelihood of that happening again.

But since I did fully dilate last time I feel like that sways things in my favor...? Idk...

Giggle, that's why I'm just having an elective section, because I don't want to have an emergency one. I would rather have it all planned. Although, I'm not sure this little boy wants to wait any longer. I feel incredibly sick this morning. Been having diarrhea and nausea. UGH! Can barely concentrate on typing this bc I am in pain in my lower back. :\

Meel what was the reason for the csection last time?
Hmmm, that sounds suspiciously similar to the big "clear out" before labor...

@mwel8819 I'm having the same symptoms right now! I've also had BH that are 6-10 minutes apart for a couple days now (on and off). It's embarrassing but I almost didn't make it to the toilet last night and that's never happened to me before. :( Random back cramps as well.

Do any of you ladies know if there are any increases risks to the baby being induced at 38 weeks? V being induced at 40 weeks

Last edited:
Sorry to butt in but has anyone had the flu at 39 weeks?
I had the jab but feel horrendous 3 days til due date too!

bbb, I don't know the answer, but unless there was something a bit off for mom or baby, I know my midwife would never offer an induction at 38 weeks...they didn't want to induce me at 40+6 with my second - but a lot of that is due to their model of care. Is everything okay though, or are you just curious?

Ems, if you think you might have the flu, I would go get checked out, tbh. I got colds just a bit before each of my kids arrived, and thought "this better clear up before baby comes" and it did both times. However, and not trying to fear monger, I was hospitalized and quarantined for influenza that progressed to pneumonia and sepsis when my older son was 5.5 weeks. It was terrifying and I nearly died, and for that reason, I really encourage people to be very diligent about seeking care for symptoms that seem like the flu and are persisting. It is better to get checked out, and pregnant women are more susceptible to flu and complications.
You're likely okay, but I don't think it's worth the risk to not have a Dr. visit if you just can't seem to shake it. Hope you feel better ASAP!

I seem to have lost a significant amount of mucus plug last night...I know it can still mean a while until baby comes, but I'm hoping it's a sign she'll be here soon!

@bbbbbbb811 sorry hun but I don't know anything about whether or not there's a risk. If I had to guess I would say no since you are past 37 weeks.

@Emsabub I'm not sure if it means anything or not but I was reading about pre labor signs and flu-like symptoms were mentioned.

Hmm, Giggle, personally I would try for the VBAC given your history you mention - size being a factor, fully dilating last time and baby just changing position last minute... It kind if does sound like things could be in your favour this time. I'm happy I went for the vbac last time, even with my family discouraging me (I had great midwife support and an OB who specializes in vbac consulting during third trimester) However, it's definitely a tough call and there are serious but rare risks in the back of your mind with vbac (though same with cesarean, and you've had a rough go there in the past)
I say just go with your gut, keeping an open mind about things possibly changing last minute (hard to do, I know). Have you come closer to deciding?

Wrig wtf?! What does Christmas have to do with ailing people? Maybe they were understaffed...? That is so rude though. I'm sure they're stressed but I despise when people in the medical profession let their personal feeling leak into their interactions with patients. So did you end up getting the BP check after all? I hope you didn't have the kid with you, bet they'd be so impatient!

Bbb are you feeling the pressure down low from her position ?

Randa/bbb-- thanks for giving me a few more things to consider! To answer, I am under ob care. There is a midwife group but they don't use the hospital I want and any personal midwife would be too expensive for us right now.
Regarding my previous labors, both were long possibly due to back labor/"sunny side up" babies and their size. Ds1, my water went first and I wasn't contracting so they induced me. It was a snowball effect of failed interventions from there. I got to 7cm, but it took 16 hours, he was having decels, and with no waters they were freaking out and I was pushed into the c section. I was much younger and not at knowledgeable then...ds2, it was a long labor again (34 hours until i started pushing), but i fully dilated and he had descended but turned his head IN the dang birth canal! He got wedged and was not coming out. They were afraid, because of now stuck he was, to use vacuum or forceps because of the high risk of injury. When the term "possible brain damage" was mentioned, I was terrified and agreed to the emergency c section. They got him out, and he did have a welt on his head but was otherwise fine, however I suffered greatly. I hemorrhaged, had a transfusion, a massive wound to recover from (i tore internally during surgery), severe anemia...it was a very rough recovery.

So I am all around scared of c sections, more scared of an emergency one, and thrilled with the idea of a vba2c but also terrified what it means if I fail.

I will have to do some research on the head position he had and see the likelihood of that happening again.

But since I did fully dilate last time I feel like that sways things in my favor...? Idk...

Thank you Randa and Kiwi, I think it’s just a really bad cold at the moment and the cough is just a side effect. Funny enough saying about pre-labour symptoms I’ve been two the bathroom twice today already, I’m lucky to go once every couple of days.. I just hope it doesn’t happen with this virus!

Randa, fingers crossed she will be here soon! It would be lovely to have her sooner than due date <3

Kiwi how are you feeling now you’re almost 39 weeks? It must be so different to what you’ve known before! Impatient maybe? :p

Giggle I agree with Randa and anyone else who mentioned it, trying for vbac sounds like a good idea. Those things might’ve just been bad luck last time, but whatever you feel most comfortable & safe with is best of course :)

Thanks for the replies, they are worried about babies decreasing movements and I’m in for monitoring today, then 3 times next week, then I think they are saying induction at 38 weeks or continue monitoring until term. But I don’t want to make the wrong decision, I don’t want to induce the baby too early and the baby be ill or leave it too long and the baby isn’t well in the womb.

Sorry I’ve not replied to everyone else, I will do when I’m at the hospital later and will have a bit of time!

Bb, not sure elsewhere but at our hospital they have signs in the walls advising against not inducing early (to women who try to start labor early just to be done with it). There's a list of benefits to "cooking" longer on the sign but I can't remember them...i would assume no doc would induce you that early without a medical reason, like severe spd or something.

@bbbbbbb811 @gigglebox I found some useful information as far as being induced at 38 weeks.

"Study shows inducing labor at 37 to 38 weeks may be safer than thought. ... Hospitals increasingly insist that low-risk pregnancies reach 39 weeks before doctors deliver the child, but babies born after elective inductionof labor in the previous two weeks fare no worse, according to a new Houston study.Mar 10, 2016"

From what I've been reading though, unless you are dilated at least a little bit it increases the risk of you needing a C-section.

My first emcs was after a failed induction -- my water went and no contractions started so they put me on pitocin to start things. Just anecdotally, what i've read suggests induction should not be a first choice or at least held off as long as possible for best chance of success. But if it needs to be done earlier, better to try than leave baby in distress. Hopefully they can tell through monitoring what is going on in there. Do they have any theories? Are they doing ultrasounds?

I am still on the fence but leaning toward attempting a vbac, but i need the doctor to be on board and the one i saw yesterday was not. Like at all. I'll post more in a minute

So had my 37 week appointment today and I’m now a finger tip dilated and baby is low she said. She doesn’t think I’ll make it to my appointment next Friday!! I hope she is right lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->