• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Copied from my other thread, about my appointment yesterday:

Feeling very defeated. Dr is strongly advising against vba2c. She said "I can't tell you what to do but if I'm the one taking care of you when you got into labor, I'm not going to be happy with you." She also said the nurses are goingg to be upset/on edge waiting for sh!t to hit the fan (yes she actually said that). I appreciate her honesty...but she also told me she had a vba2c a couple months ago that she advised against, and she was upset the patient refused the c section, but she did deliver just fine.

In the end she suggested I meet with another dr in the group next week to get her opinion.

She also checked my cervix and I'm 3-4cm dilated already. I have only ever achieved this after many hours of active labor!

Thank you Kiwi for that info and giggle box! They have got me scheduled for 2 CTGs a week and 1 ultrasound a week. I am not so worried about induction as I’ve been induced every time, twice because I was overdue and once due to reduced movements/placental issues and all have been successful I’m just worrying about what’s best for baby. I don’t want to evict her before she is ready but I also don’t want to decline an induction when she is better out than in due to her movements reducing.

Also gigglebox, I really don’t think it’s your doctors place to say that. You shouldn’t be made to feel that you’re making them uncomfortable and that everyone is against you! Just seems an unprofessional way to put it instead of just warning you about increased risks etc.
If you feel like you want to try a vba2c, that is completely your decision and at least they are aware of your situation so if you aren’t progressing they can deal with it promptly. It sounds really good that you’re 3-4cm dilated already! They don’t check in the UK unless you’re overdue and having a sweep or if you’re in labour.

Sorry to drop in and not reply to anyone yet. I had an appointment today to check my cervix, I'm half a centimeter dilated and she could feel his head. My blood pressure was unusually high all of a sudden and fluctuating. I'm headed to the hospital right now, they want to do some blood work to make sure that I don't have preeclampsia. If the blood work comes back positive I'll be induced today but if not my blood pressure will be checked again on Monday. If it's still high on Monday then they will schedule an induction because of hypertension. Right now it's up in the air on which one I could have, wish me luck ladies!

Randa thanks! As of now I think I would like to try, at least as long as I don't have back labor again.

Oooh exciting things are happening! Plug loss was my first sign with ds1, i think a day or two before my water went (in a gush, movie style!)

Bb that didn't cross my mind but in retrospect that was pretty unprofessional, eh? I appreciate your comment!

Kiwi good luck to you!!! And congratulations for making it well beyond term!

Good luck Kiwi, hope everything goes well!

I would definitely get the second opinion giggle, and hope that they are more supportive.

I don’t think there’s any risks of being induced at 38 weeks it’s just if your body isn’t ready then the induction won’t work and the end result is a c section. My hospital get you to agree to a c section before inducing you because once they start there’s no going back

My friend was induced at 39 weeks on Sunday and it didn’t work and ended in a c section and the same happened to a work colleagues partner yesterday

Induction worked for me both times but my first was at 39 weeks after my waters had gone 24 hours earlier and labour not starting itself

My second I didn’t even get to the drip I had the pessary and suddenly my waters went and 18 minutes later he was here lol

Copied from my other thread, about my appointment yesterday:

Feeling very defeated. Dr is strongly advising against vba2c. She said "I can't tell you what to do but if I'm the one taking care of you when you got into labor, I'm not going to be happy with you." She also said the nurses are goingg to be upset/on edge waiting for sh!t to hit the fan (yes she actually said that). I appreciate her honesty...but she also told me she had a vba2c a couple months ago that she advised against, and she was upset the patient refused the c section, but she did deliver just fine.

In the end she suggested I meet with another dr in the group next week to get her opinion.

She also checked my cervix and I'm 3-4cm dilated already. I have only ever achieved this after many hours of active labor!

I would def get that second opinion. I regret allowing the Dr to induce I feel it's where all the problems started... Trust your instincts, you know your body the most.

As far as being induced I don't want to discourage anyone but I feel like after I had the cervidil everything happened so fast I feel my body didn't have time to catch up and that's why baby's head got stuck and Dr had to vacuum her out. Cause it was like 10 or so hours since the time my water broke and he told me he was concerned about infection. Now thanks to google I see that women can wait up to 24 hours after water breaks :(

AFM - great news! Baby and I were released (from prison lol) Wednesday on condition we do follow up blood work on her the next day. Well today I phoned my family doctor and he said she's good there's nothing to worry about - just to keep her home during flu season etc.. etc
He is such a good Dr I wish he delivered babies! Baby is doing much better too since being home she's actually been doing some cluster feeding and keepin mom on her toes lol.
Thanks for all your help everyone even just listening to my emotional rants it nice to know someone has been there and can offer their wisdom.
God bless and well wishes to those who are left to give birth! :dance:

My doctor has been planning induction since the beginning, all these stories make me so nervous about it. I know she thinks it's what's best for me though with my conditions.

My doctor has been planning induction since the beginning, all these stories make me so nervous about it. I know she thinks it's what's best for me though with my conditions.
No I certainly don't mean to scare you or anything I was just saying that in reference to inductions by choice as opposed to induction for medical conditions.

No I certainly don't mean to scare you or anything I was just saying that in reference to inductions by choice as opposed to induction for medical conditions.

I know you don't! I have ready plenty of stories against induction.. but she seems so so sure of it, and she is a very busy doctor who has had many many babies. Since I decided already to trust her, I'm just trying to go ahead and do that. ;) :shock:

Hey ladies, sorry for taking so long to update. Turns out I don't have preeclampsia but my blood pressure did stay elevated the entire time. I have an appointment on Monday to check my blood pressure, I'm assuming it's going to be hypertension. If it is elevated Monday, she wants to schedule an induction. I also found out that I'm severely anemic my iron level was 8. They administered iron through an IV. I was having contractions every 6 to 9 minutes when I got there and they dropped to every 4 to 5 minutes but when I was released they eased up. I'm really hoping this baby comes naturally before Monday but I'm not counting on it.

Kiwi you mever know! You're certainly in the time frame to go into labor soooo....fx!

Miss hey if she thinks you're a good candidate for induction that is good. She knows your personal history and stats best so hopefully she is making a sound judgment :thumbup:

MissMarple. I just wanted to throw in that I have had positive inductions so it’s purely an individual basis. There certainly are a lot of people who have had negative experience but for me, although labours intense, they were also very quick and babies were delivered vaginally no problems.

Kiwi, glad it isn’t Pre eclampsia but fingers crossed you go before your own on Monday! It’s brilliant that you’ve made it to 39 weeks pretty much, so baby can come anytime now!

Thanks ladies!!

@gigglebox what's back labor like? I'm feeling this intense pulsing pain in my lower back that radiates up my spine in between my shoulders and the back of my head, it's also a little bit where contraction would be in the front of my uterus. I've already left a message with the on-call doctor, just waiting on them to call me back.

UPDATE: they still haven't called me back and it's been two hours already, I've left three messages so far. :( if they don't call me back soon I'm just going to go in. The pulsing back pain is getting intense and every other time it happens it feels like a contraction in the front at the same time.

Last edited:
Kiwi any update? Is it coming in waves like contractions?

My back labor never traveled up, it started in my lower back and radiated down and also around the sides to the front. Initial contractions feel like a sore back in waves, bit a bit different from typical back pain. And they start out being localized just to your low back.

Thanks for checking in ladies!! Hope you're all well.

Here's the update. I went from 1/2 cm dilated at my apt yesterday to 2 cm at L&D. I know, that can be pretty normal. It was confirmed I was having early labor contractions as well. The pulsing pain from my lower back up to my head (which caused a contraction 50% of the time), was also causing headaches and strangely enough felt like partial auras "trying" to start. Talked with my Dr and one of the nurses, we all agreed that it is probably my body trying to have a seizure but the medication is preventing it. I'm assuming it's the surge of hormones causing it. My Dr decided she wants to induce, if I don't go into labor before tomorrow afternoon I'm to be admitted to L&D. They want to stick some kind of balloon in my vagina to help dilate so the induction isn't is painful. Then on Monday they want to start the pitocin. I'm so excited to meet my baby boy!! Already have all our bags packed!! I'm still dealing with the early labor contractions and the pulsing but I'm going to hang in there since it's only a little bit of a stretch till tomorrow.

That's exciting, kiwi! It won't be long now.

Sounds like you'll be in the hospital up to 4 days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"