♡ November / December 2023 Snowflakes! ♡

I am so confused for you.

If you're in the US, you can self order HCG tests through LabCorp. I believe they are $40. I'm not American but there are lots of Americans in my Facebook due date groups and lots of ladies get their HCG checked regularly on their own that way. Getting two betas done 48 hours apart would be the easiest way to get a grasp on what is happening at this point.

I am so confused for you.

If you're in the US, you can self order HCG tests through LabCorp. I believe they are $40. I'm not American but there are lots of Americans in my Facebook due date groups and lots of ladies get their HCG checked regularly on their own that way. Getting two betas done 48 hours apart would be the easiest way to get a grasp on what is happening at this point.
Ok, I'll take a look at those. Are they blood tests that you can order or urine ones? The wondfo i'm using now are the extra wide wondfo so they're easier to read, and a reputable brand, so I'd be shocked if my batch was faulty in some way. I really want to take a beta test, I wish it was as common int he US to do that as it is in the UK.

They are blood tests, and I don't think betas are done at all in the UK. I only ever see American ladies posting about getting them done, with very few exceptions. Interesting that your experience is the reverse.

I always thought it was because most other countries have universal health care that makes it next to impossible for women to access tests that are deemed non essential that only women who have experienced multiple losses or received fertility treatments can get betas done, but in the US there are far more options to self pay for tests, or have them billed to insurance etc and it all adds up to meeting deductibles etc (I have a very loose understanding of how is healthcare works lol)

I've been pregnant 14 times in Canada and Australia and have only been able to get betas twice, both times I had to beg for them after 4 prior consecutive losses. And there are no independent labs where we have the option to order our own tests (although I once added additional tests to a requisition form my Dr gave me and it worked :haha:)

Lol that is so weird that we have different experiences concerning this. I only ever notice ladies from the UK posting about their betas but then again I don't really pay that close attention to where everyone is from, just go based on how they type most of the time so I could be off sometimes. I called my old OBGYN to ask about betas being done a couple years ago and they straight up told me it wasn't offered. So I'm not really sure. I am going to look more into it though, maybe things have changed now considering lots of women want to get them done?

I also feel like these betas would run me $150 a pop.... at least that's how much it was going to cost to get some blood work done for a friend a year ago. It might be less depending.

Labcorp OnDemand

You can find out here if there is a location near you. Ordering your own betas from here is $49/test, so $100 to get two done if your Dr wont order you any.
I wish I had the ability to order my own tests (though my bank account would not be happy lmao).

And while it might not be offered on routine, I'd just say you've recently lad a loss and you're getting mixed messages from bleeding but still getting positive tests and you need some reassurance if your HCG is progressing normally or not. I really can't see them refusing when it's for a specific purpose.

That's a good idea! I'll give some calls around, and see where I can go. I won't be able to do much over the weekend, but I will for sure look into it Monday, $100 is still a bit much lmao for a test for me anyway but I'd be willing to do it. Right now, I am just going to keep testing and waiting for the bleeding to stop eventually, then once it does, I'll test again and see what I get then too.

Have any of you ladies felt nauseous around this time (5-6w)? I want to know if it's a symptom I can have hope for or if it's just my stomach being upset and I'm going to get sick soon or need to eat. My first 2 babies I had horrible MS, but I had no idea when it actually started for me then, and my last 2 I had none at all. So I am not sure what to compare it to.

6 weeks is the usual time for nausea to start but it can certainly start sooner. I don't get typical morning sickness but I do get nausea. It started for me this time bang on 6 weeks, but last time it started a bit earlier, and with my twins it started before my 10dpo positive lol.

6 weeks is the usual time for nausea to start but it can certainly start sooner. I don't get typical morning sickness but I do get nausea. It started for me this time bang on 6 weeks, but last time it started a bit earlier, and with my twins it started before my 10dpo positive lol.
yeah I'll just assume for now it could be anything, if I really start feeling it then maybe I'll consider it more. I really just want to keep testing and see where this is going.

Ladies :( the tests got fainter, and basically negative as of yesterday. I haven't tested again because I know it's over and there's no point, so I want to save the couple tests I have left for next cycle so I don't have to order more anytime soon. This loss has hit me the hardest so far right now. I will be here for you ladies tho still :). I am so excited for all of you and I can't wait to see more scans!!

Ladies :( the tests got fainter, and basically negative as of yesterday. I haven't tested again because I know it's over and there's no point, so I want to save the couple tests I have left for next cycle so I don't have to order more anytime soon. This loss has hit me the hardest so far right now. I will be here for you ladies tho still :). I am so excited for all of you and I can't wait to see more scans!!
Oh no, I’m so sorry to read this lovely. I had 3 losses in a row and I completely understand how you feel. I’m keeping everything crossed your next cycle will bring a bfp to you xxx

8weeks… and the nausea is really starting to kick in now. I’m so hoping I don’t have HG this time round.

how is everyone else?

That’s a good line @Kiwiberry - keeping everything crossed that it progresses nicely!

I’ve been MIA for a bit whilst I tried to get over this nausea, I’m just over 13 weeks now and finally starting to feel some relief from it which is nice so hopefully I can catch up more!!

We had our 12 week scan on Monday too and I was dated at 12w&5days then so my date got pushed forward slightly to 1st November if it can be amended on here please

I posted a pic of our scan on the gender prediction threads but I don’t think they get used, so I’ll place baby here for any guesses on gender! I love playing the guessing game photo is upside down because they are apparently a tummy sleeper!

View attachment 1115188
I’m guessing boy :lol:

8weeks… and the nausea is really starting to kick in now. I’m so hoping I don’t have HG this time round.

how is everyone else?
That’s horrible! Sorry to hear.
My son & i got Norovirus while dh was away on military. I was up literally all night with vomiting, diarrea, and caring for my 2 yo with the same. Had a friend watch him so i could go to the er for fluids. I had to go twice this past week. My SIL flew out to help me and she caught it. When she picked up dh from the airport, she brought him to me at the hospital. Ugh such a horrible week. Now dh has it.
Im having pain at the mid to lower part of my uterus. I’m guess just stretching. Looking forward to midwife appointment tomorrow. We still havent had an ultrasound so we’re excited for when we can do that. The first time at the hospital the nurse found fetal hr by doppler so that was a relief!
I hope you feel better @ciz
Im looking forward to second trimester and hoping the intense sense of smell eases up! Plus i need more energy desperately!

That’s horrible! Sorry to hear.
My son & i got Norovirus while dh was away on military. I was up literally all night with vomiting, diarrea, and caring for my 2 yo with the same. Had a friend watch him so i could go to the er for fluids. I had to go twice this past week. My SIL flew out to help me and she caught it. When she picked up dh from the airport, she brought him to me at the hospital. Ugh such a horrible week. Now dh has it.
Im having pain at the mid to lower part of my uterus. I’m guess just stretching. Looking forward to midwife appointment tomorrow. We still havent had an ultrasound so we’re excited for when we can do that. The first time at the hospital the nurse found fetal hr by doppler so that was a relief!
I hope you feel better @ciz
Im looking forward to second trimester and hoping the intense sense of smell eases up! Plus i need more energy desperately!
Oh gosh bless you and family. Same to you lovely. Ah yes the smells they are so over powering. Pregnancy is no easy feat :(

I’m trying desperately to enjoy this one as I know it’s the last time for us but it’s hard going

Hi all,

I hope everyone is getting on well, this thread seems to be really quiet doesn’t it, I just wanted to update that we went for our Early Gender scan last weekend, and we found out baby is a little girl! :pink:
I definitely think there’s something to the Shettles Method now as that’s what we did!
So we have one of each, feeling super blessed.

Hi all,

I hope everyone is getting on well, this thread seems to be really quiet doesn’t it, I just wanted to update that we went for our Early Gender scan last weekend, and we found out baby is a little girl! :pink:
I definitely think there’s something to the Shettles Method now as that’s what we did!
So we have one of each, feeling super blessed.
How wonderful! Congratulations!! Dh and I are anxious to find out. If Shettles holds any weight, I probably have a boy on board. We bd twice the day before ovulation and then once the day of o. We’d love ds to have a brother for sure and have a great boy name picked, but a sweet girl to give us one of each would also be wonderful. We have a girl name picked too. I think I like the boy name better and we arent fully set on our girl’s middle name. I’m so grateful to be in a situation less likely for gender disappointment. Dh and i both would be happy either way.
After the Norovirus the midwife did an ultrasound to give me peace of mind and our baby was flailing legs about and really partying it up!! I tried so hard to figure it out on the image but it just wasnt feasible when we looked. I have another virus, some kind of upper respiratory infection but at least its not stomach virus this time. Pregnant with a little petri dish in tow is so much different then first pregnancy in which I was never sick!

It certainly is a quiet thread but there’s also not many for Nov/Dec. I kind of wondered if we should invite ladies with Jan babies due also. They were just commenting about not wanting to jinx their pregnancies by starting a thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->