1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Aww poor Oakley---and poor you momma!! I sure hope you and Miles can stay healthy!
Sam Khloe lost almost all of her finger and toe nails, but they've all already regrown. Are B's falling off or just peeling? I think her nailes grew back super quick. Lindsay did Oakley's never fall off? I can't believe Benjamin is going to be 2! I always forget how close in age him and Khloe are. Can't believe she'll be 2 in less than a month and a half.
AFM: My blood results from today were only 249. Dr. said they're doubling like they should (was 71 on Friday) but I think I know in my heart it's too low. I was really thinking they were going to be around 400ish....They scheduled me for an ultrasound next Wednesday, which I know is too early, but at least it will ease my mind about it being an ectopic. I keep thinking that's what this is. Today my cm has been completely clear, which is another reason I was starting to think it was going to be ok. Idk, so down. I just wish if I was going to miscarry, my body would do it naturally for once. I hate the option of either D&C or the meds again....

Kels - those numbers are great! You shouldn't be to 300 until tomorrow! Are they going to keep doing bloodwork?

Oh and I can't believe both your little ones are going to be 2 soon! Time flies! Oakley's nails never flaked with the HFM I guess we got lucky!

Really Linds?? Where did you or how did you figure that out?? I thought with the calculator I was using and based off my last doubling time that it should be at least 400?? I swear, I trust my dr now and why she doesn't want to test hcg cuz it causes so much worry!!

It's supposed to double every 48hrs so you should be at around 150 Sunday and 300 tomorrow. My doctor told me your doubling time is faster at first and slows down bit by bit. How far along will you be by your scan?

Well thanks for the reassurance. You always know how to calm me down :) She said no more blood work, and at first I wanted to protest, and then I realized how insane the results have been making me so I agreed. We scheduled an u/s for next Friday the 5th at 300. I think it's probably too early at 6W2D but at least I should be able to verify if it's ectopic or not. Have not had any brown cm since Sunday and it's just been really watery/clear. Not much else for symptoms...by now with Khloe I was getting up at night to go to the bathroom and my stomach muscles hurt.
Anyway, Lindsay how are the boys feeling--all 3 of them!
Sam are the cold's any better by you or still sick? I sure hope B isn't sick for his birthday!
Hi Jessie and Rachael---love all the pictures of the babies on facebook. They're both such smiley perfect babies :)
How's the weather by everybody? Got our first significant snowfall last night. Only a couple inches, but it's been so darn cold! Usually the high is around 40ish but it's been more in the 20's. 2 hours north of us there was 20 inches of snow a week or 2 ago!

Hey Kels! Glad I could calm you down a bit. I remember being disappointed with my third blood draw because it didn't seem as high as I wanted but they made me wait a bit longer than you did, so it was killer haha. I had my first scan with Oakley at 6w4d and there was a heartbeat - I think the heartbeat starts somewhere in the 5th week, so you should be able to see that!
We are supposed to get our first significant snow of the year today. It's just rain right now but it's supposedly going to change over to snow later this morning - we'll see!
Sickness is passing in our house! Oakley has slept through the night two nights in a row now without having coughing fits - still needs Vick's in order to do so but we're getting there! He doesn't have a fever anymore either and is in a much better mood - less clingy! Kirk is OK. His fever has passed but he has a miserable cough. I thought Miles felt really warm this morning but I think I just snuggled him up too much in his blanket, but he has been a bit stuffy every morning - not sure if it's the reflux or a cold because it seems to pass by mid morning, but he's still happy so I think I'm good for now!! I've still managed to not catch anything *Knock on wood!*

Is everyone getting ready for Thanksgiving?! Well, you American girls, at least! My brother and his wife just came into town last night because of the weather - so glad they could still make it!

Hi girls-how was your Thanksgiving?? (American girls) Mine was nice, it was such a nice long weekend and I was so sad to go back to work yesterday.
Lindsay how are the boys feeling? Did you and Miles escape the sickness?
sam--happy birthday to Benjamin!! What do you guys have planned?
Today Khloe is 23 months! And I'm so stupid, I didn't even realize this next birthday would be her golden birthday, so now I'm scrambling to look up cool themes for it being her golden birthday. I'm so last minute with everything, and don't have a creative bone in my body! I need to start xmas shopping. The only thing I've done is by myself something! On Thanksgiving I went and got a Dyson Animal complete. so far, I love it. Our dog sheds HORRIBLY so I needed a more powerful vacuum. Speaking of our dog, he's been pottying in the house for the last month and I was just chalking it up to separation anxiety, but then it was getting bad this weekend when we were home even he'd have an accident so we took him to the Dr. today and he has a bladder infection :( Poor baby, and I was scolding him for his accidents so now I feel so bad and just want to go home and baby the crap out of him.
Well, Friday is the scan.....so far not much for symptoms at all. With Khloe I was waking up everynight to go to the bathroom, and I haven't done that yet. I think I was much more queezy, especially in the morning, and this time I really don't feel much. I know they say every pregnancy is diff., but I'm just worried about this one....No sign of any spotting of any kind since I was 4W3D, and tomorrow I'll be 6 weeks....

That's good Kelsey! Remember, I didn't get nausea and my Boob's never hurt. Wasn't until I was 8 months pregnant did I keep going to the bathroom. So no worries. Every pregnancy is different!!

I took a test yesterday and it was negative. Shew!

Hey girls!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!! I got spoiled with Kirk home for 4 days that this week already seems to be dragging on. Oakley is at daycare for a full day today so I can get some writing done and it just sucks. As much as he tests my patience every day, I really miss him! It's been so nice having him here with me all the time. Makes me want to forget about getting a job and just spend all day with the boys but I don't know that's the right decision.

Kels - I didn't get up to pee in the middle of the night until I was super pregnant with Oakley. I peed ALL the time with Miles, so def different for every pregnancy! Glad the spotting has ended - can't wait to hear the good news on Friday! :)

Rach - glad the test came back negative! you guys be careful! When do you want to try for a second??

Jess and Sam - the pictures of your little ones are just adorable!! How are you guys doing??

AFM - this whole bottle training thing with Miles is just exhausting! I swear it gets worse every time I try. I think I'm going to have to have Kirk try every day from now on because it's just emotionally exhausting and really upsetting for me. Makes me feel really guilty for leaving him both for him and whoever is watching him. I got Tommee Tippee bottles this morning and I thought it was going to work when I first gave it to him and then it was all downhill from there. We're going to a Christmas party on Friday night and I have so much anxiety about him eating while we're gone that I'm scared I won't even be able to enjoy myself. Maybe he'll eat better for someone else. I really haven't had anyone else try much.

AFM -

I am sitting here listening to Miles suck on a bottle that Kirk is giving him after a half hour of screaming!! *sigh* I think this just needs to be a nightly event and maybe it won't be so traumatic!!

Hi girls! Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! We had family in town and work has been nuts so it's been hard to keep up with everything.

Kesley - great news about your BFP!! I think yiur numbers sound great. Progesterone can fluctuate throughout the day also so don't get upset about that either. I have everything crossed for you on Friday! Glad Khloe is doing well sleeping in the bed.

Sam - hope things are going ok for you. Isabela really wore me out in the beginning too. A lot of crying and very little sleeping! Not even a bottle would get her to sleep. Hang in there I think you're almost out of the woods!

Lindsay - sorry the bottles are not going well. Do you think he's not getting as much as when you BF and maybe that's frustrating him? Have you tried other size nipples? How is everyone feeling in your house now?

Rach - don't beat yourself up about the BF. It's tough but in the end he will be fine.

BTW - Isabela is just over 8 months and I have not gotten my first AF yet. No birth control either. I was talking the pill in the beginning that you can take while BF but I kept forgetting to take it and just stopped. We are too tired for sex anyway LOL

I'll try to post more later...

I've tried slow and medium flow nipples. He seems to get more frustrated with the faster flow nipples, but when I do get him to take the bottle, it takes him around 30 minutes to get through 3 ounces and I'm sure I give him at least that much in 10! So, maybe once I get him used to the bottle I can up the flow or he'll get better at it. He really seems like he has no idea what to do with the bottle and will just get angry with you putting up to his lips. He has to be kind of tired or distracted to take it - if I walk around while I feed him, it seems to work the best.

Sickness is clearing out of the house - Oakley has his last dose of antibiotics tonight and the doc on Monday said his lungs are clear again and his ear still looks cloudy but seems like it's healing. I woke up with a sore throat this morning but hoping it's just the heat - it was cold last night!

Sam - I'm really struggling with Miles sleeping too. I'm trying to start setting a schedule today and making sure he is in his crib for all attempts at naps. Miles just eats so frequently that it's tough to get on a schedule. I'm going to try today to not feed him so often so maybe he won't snack all day and maybe he'll eat bigger meals and then sleep more.

Jess - lol you're funny about the pill! Are you still BFing? I thought I was getting AF when I first started the mini-pill because I was spotting pretty heavily but then it went away. I have a hard time remembering but I still take my prenatal vitamin so I put them next to each other next to my bed so I can take it before I go to sleep. Usually works but I have definitely forgotten some nights! Have you guys decided if you'll try for #2?

Kels - how you feeling? I'm looking forward to hearing about your scan on Friday! I'm sad it's late in the day, haha!

Hi girls---Lindsay you sound a lot like my best friend. She's been struggling with her 2nd--sleeping bad and not eating well. Secretly, I kind of smile because her first was SUPER easy and I always felt like she judged me for my struggle with Khloe---like I think she always felt I was doing something wrong and that's why Khloe was more difficult. Now she's like I GET IT!!! How did Oakley do with a bottle? that's one thing Khloe didn't give me a hard time about so I'm not much help. I had a friend though that her daughter still wouldn't take a bottle when it was time to go to daycare so she was really stressed and bought every bottle possible. I think the tommy tippee ones are the ones that finally worked for her. Glad the sickness is leaving!
I hear ya Jess on being too tired for sex. Unless we're TTC, sex is on the wayyyy back burner :)
AFM---I think I jinxed myself yesterday. I went to bed about 930, no hint of blood. I was dreaming at about 11 that I was bleeding, and woke up and checked and sure enough, was bleeding. Ugg, I went to the bathroom and it was like a small gush! Really watery, red blood (sorry, tmi). Wasn't enough to soak a pad but enough that I put a pad on instead of a panty liner. Today, a lot of brown egcm. Ugg, so disheartened with this pregnancy, and this year. Just a bad year for us......My Dr. had me come in to check my hcg, so hopefully she calls soon with the results. I'm in training all day so if she wants me to come over for an ultrasound it'll be really hard to get out of work. I just have a nagging bad feeling that it's an ectopic pregnancy.... :( On top of being up a lot of last night worrying and checking down there, Khloe then woke up at 4 and was super upset. Sooo tired today which isn't helping my emotions...

Aw, sorry Kels this has been so stressful for you! Let us know what the results are! You should have a good idea what's going on based on that, I think! The encouraging words I have for you is that when I started bleeding with my second miscarriage - it was AF full force right away. And I got my blood taken the day before and it was down to around 200, so I bet today you'll have a good idea what's going on. Fingers crossed for you!!

I struggled with Oakley to find the right bottle but he took the bottle right from the start but I pumped and fed exclusively, so he didn't have a choice and I started him much earlier. I gave Miles a bottle at 2 weeks and he did fine but then he nursed REALLY weird for a few times so I stopped giving the bottle for fear of the dreaded "nipple confusion". Oakley needed the Dr. Brown's bottles because he sucked so hard he collapsed nearly all other nipples and got REALLY mad while it was refilling with air.
I remember Oakley going through the same phase as Miles is now with not sleeping and just wanting to snuggle all the time. I think it's worse with Miles because he wants to nurse every hour so I feel like I get nothing done. He's definitely comfort nursing so I'm trying to distract him between feedings now to extend to 2hrs between. It's so hard to hear them cry this young. I end up walking him around a lot which is not helping me get this dissertation written but I wouldn't trade a moment of snuggles. I'm kind of glad Miles is as snuggly as Oakley - I hope he stays that way just like Oakley did. Oakley still likes to snuggle with me on the couch - love it!!

Omg my hcg was 12,000! Dr was really happy an wanted me to come get an ultrasound today because she thinks it'll reassure me. So, I'm going at 400.....hope it's not a blighted ovum like last time (I'm such a negative belly, sorry).

Yay!!!!! Fantastic news!!!!! Can't wait to see a picture of your little bean!!!!! woohoo!!!!

Kelsey - that's great news! The bleeding could just be from the implantation site. I have everything every tightly crossed for you today!!!

Lindsay - so glad that Miles is so snuggley for you! Hopefully he will get better with the bottle, maybe it's just taking him longer to get used to it. Yes I'm still BF. My supply has stayed about the same. I BF Isabela in the morning, she takes 1 pumped bottle (and 2 formula bottles) to school and I BF her in the evening, as well as supplement. So overall not a lot but i feel like it's better than nothing. She has been pretty healthy so far, knock on wood. She definitely comfort feeds though and I do enjoy that time with her so calm.

AFM - Isabela said mama this morning and just melted my heart! She's been saying Dada for a while so it's nice to hear the mama now!!! They told me at school today that she will be moving to the next class in January. Whoa! She's growing up so fast. She is starting to walk now with her walker toy and they said it will be a more challenging environment for her.

Oh, when did you girls start brushing their teeth? Did you use a brush? Isabela has her 2 bottoms. I have the little finger brush which I let her chew on a while last night and moved it around a but but I wasn't sure if there was anything better or if I should be doing something else.

Hi girls,

Kels - wow thats a fab hcg number. I am sure you will be reassured with the scan and maybe they can give you some insight into the bleeding.

Linds - I so understand what you are going through just now. B was on a 3 hourlyish routine from the get go and not on demand feeding. With O I thought I would 'do it right' with demand feeding and it has brought us to seemingly constant feeding, 1 minute naps (if I am lucky), sore nipples and he won't take a dummy or bottle. I haven;t tried to hard with the bottles as dad has been visiting but am going to give it a better go. Its the tommee tippee ones we have just now and that was a no go. I have googled and some say the latex teats are sometimes easier for bf babies as they are softer that the silicone ones so maybe you could try that too. I too am trying to extend the times back up to 2 hours on the hope he will take a bigger feed but sometimes because of his rubbish naps he is sometimes to tired he feeds for a few minutes before falling asleep.

Jess - are you thinking of number 2? no chance of bd atm way to knackered to even think about it (well from me anyway!). Fab news about Isabela moving up a class and doing so well with her walker. B said mmmuumm first for a few weeks then never said it again for AGES, it was all dada. It's so nice to hear them say it, isn't it. I didn't start brushing B's teeth after he got about 4 but by then he was about 15 months old. I would start now even just getting her used to having the brush in her mouth.

afm - going to admit I am really struggling atm. Feel like I am missing out with B, losing the bond I have with him as he always wants his dad and I am second best. My dad and step mum came um for b's 2nd birthday (yesterday) and it was great when they took Oliver out for an hour. B had a great day, lots of gifts, he is set up for the next year in pj's! Loved playing with the balloons and his nee naws (fire engine) and diggers.

Thinking of you, Kels! I think you're an hour behind me so you should have already gotten scanned by now!

Jess - def start brushing as soon as possible to get her used to having the brush in her mouth. Oakley still HATES to brush his teeth. It's a nightly nightmare! We used the one on the finger but didn't really get serious about it until he had 4 on top and 4 on bottom.

Sam - I got Tommee Tippee with a medium flow nipple to work today but he still had a screaming fit at first. I had the slow flow nipple in and he collapsed it from sucking too hard and started screaming, so once I switched to the faster flow and he stopped gagging from it, he polished off 4.5 ounces and then passed out, so definitely successful! I've been trying every other feeding for a few days now though, so he had to give in at some point, right?! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->