1 DPO = 1st Oct - Anyone want to join me again :)

noodle thats great thanks!!

So im on the less likely scale since my first opk was on 30th i would be 48 hours now so need some pretty fast swimmers AND the hope that im in the to 48 hours category lolol!!

That said i can also hope that i od nearer to 30th like morning of the 1st or something as we BD on 30th night so some of his swimmers may be up the tube 1st and today still!! FX

we're in the same boat. I thought I ovulated already as my opk went neg this morning and my cm went to creamy. But my body is just as confused as I am because this afternoon I got a blaring + opk and cramping from my other side so maybe I missed it. we'll see.

I bd'd on the 30th as well, and after that hubby went out of town, so unless I already o'd or am oing today I'll be out.

well his swimmers can last 5 days in you no? so fx crossed for you!!!

i quite enjoyed my pineapple / core and icecream just now :)
thought the core would be really hard but it was actually quite soft, pineapple was quite green on the outside so that is maybe why and ate the flesh with it too, it was yummy.

Just reading and article. maybe this is why we have 2 boys. lol

The closer to ovulation (Ovulation calculator) you have sex, the better the chances to have a boy, because the y-sperms are faster and tend to get to the egg first. If you have sex 3 days or more before ovulation, the better your chances to conceive a girl, because the weaker y-sperms tend to die sooner and the x-sperms will be available in greater quantity whenever the egg is released. On the other hand, having sex from 2 days before ovulation, through a few days after ovulation, is better for conceiving a boy. Around the 2-day point -- 48 hours before ovulation -- seems to be the 50/50 mark. - See more at: https://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/baby.shtml#sthash.qriSE0iH.dpuf

Snuggles that's interesting! I have two girls...the first was conceived two weeks after a miscarriage. We actually started using condoms near ovulation because we weren't ready to try again so the sperm must have been hanging around there for a good few days before the egg popped out. Dd2 we were ttc and went on a bd'ing frenzy when I thought I was O'ing. Turns out I o'd later than I thought and by then the bd'ing was well and truly over. I always wanted two girls, but this time I'm happy with whatever I get. We had a few health scares with dd2 so as long as I get a healthy baby, I'm be over the moon!

Kia I had never heard of the pineapple core until you mentioned it, and a good half hour of googling later I think I'll give it a go! Only thing is I don't know if I've o'd yet . I know you are meant to go off your first positive opk but cd15 and 16 it was just the same colour as the control and took a while to show, and cd17 and 18 it was much darker and showed up straight away so I think I'll disregard the first two. For the sake of science I'll keep testing until it goes negative ( or I run out of tests!).

We dabbled in trying for a certain sex the first months and now we're like WHATEVER just make it happen :) I often feel pain during sex, but not sure if it is at all related to O. I think its more positional. Anyone symptom spotting yet?

No symptoms yet. Other then my nipples hurt quite a bit more this o then I recall other months.

I was googling the gender info too a few months back as my friend told me about it. I know with dd I totally messed up ovulation dates and thought wed missed the egg so must have been a slow girly sperm mirandring along still when I od. In fact it may just be coincidence but when I think of my friends who were ttc for a long time and most probably bding as much as possible they had girls. And when I think of those that were taken by suprise with their pgs they had boys so must of just had sex right at oday.

We would love a boy this time so ive been trying to wait till the opk is 'almost pos' and 'pos' to get a boy rather then when my app says im fertile which would be 3 or 4 days prior.

Dont think the pineapple can hurt. Its fruit after all. But think got to only eat up till 5dpo. Not sure why? If its harmful after or just inaffective?! Back to google lol.

I tried pineapple core one month and ended up irritating my colon.....just an FYI :) I know bunches of ladies that have tried it without issue though.

so confused. this is why you should stop testing once you get a + on an opk. But i think my body is just confused. I thought I ovulated as I had cramping, ewcm, and +opk. but now 2 days later, no ewcm (it's creamy), boobs are achy (which is usually a good sign i ovulated) but i still have a blaring + opk. So now i'm not sure if i ovulated, was gearing up to ovulate and it failed. Or if i'm going to ovulate soon. So annoyed right now.

trying to cling to hope that his swimmers are still waiting for my egg. :shrug:

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1
I'll see if I can get an answer from ob gyn today. Sitting in waiting room now!!

hey girls can i join. me and hubby wasnt ttc till next month but had a talk and decided to start this month. im not sure how many days past ovulation i am but im thinking one or two days. hoping for a strong sticky bean this month, good luck ladies x

Core snuggles youre not already preggers are you ;)

Not really sure on advice as I've only ever had 2 days or pos opks before. They are blazing too arnt they!

so the ob/gyn doctor told me today.
stop taking opk as soon as you get first pos opk. the rest dont matter.
O 24-36 hours later.
to bd day of pos opk and day after and more..
if we can wait dont bd in the three days before O so that the spermies are strong and mature.
sperm lives for 72 hours
one thing she confused me on, i showed her my chart and asked about my day that i thought maybe i actually O'd. she said that the temp drop is the day before O.
have i been thinking this wrong?.i thought that on FF my cross-hairs were day of ovulation. but she says its the indication it is gonna happen. so confused on that. since i think i have seen everywhere temp drop means that o had happened.. sigh,, anyone else can ask their doctor

oh and it was ok to have my annual in the tww, she said she wasnt going way up in there to do anything..so there ya go.

With opks it's the initial surge you want to see just before the egg is released, after that it's just picking up residual amounts still in your system.

Core snuggles youre not already preggers are you ;)

Not really sure on advice as I've only ever had 2 days or pos opks before. They are blazing too arnt they!

lol. I'm sure i'm not preggers already. ;)
thanks guys for all the input. I don't know why I was testing after my initial +opk. I guess i was trying to make sure that i was really Oing this early. I'm fairly positive that I O'd already, but not sure why the opks are still positive (i usually only have 1 day of positive opks, sometimes 2, but never 3)

FX'd his sperm stayed alive and caught my egg this month. Good luck to everyone else as well.

Snuggles I've had 5 days of positive opks! The first two days the line was the same shade as the control, and the last 3 it's much much darker! No idea what's going on, I'll just assume I o'd around cd18 which would be 24h after the first super dark one :/

Hope I can jump in here -- I'm a day ahead at 7dpo.

The OPK issue is why I go for the more expensive digitals. I was rubbish at figuring out which line really meant O and which was close but no go. Now I just watch for the smiley and I'm good to go.

Hoping for good things for all of us this month.

thats good snuggles so you should be ok the day you bd before hubby went out of town? :)

my pos opk was tuesday 30th so i guess o would be 1st and 1dpo would be 2nd oct for me? making me 3 dpo today? roughly? lol!!

Snuggles I've had 5 days of positive opks! The first two days the line was the same shade as the control, and the last 3 it's much much darker! No idea what's going on, I'll just assume I o'd around cd18 which would be 24h after the first super dark one :/

Holy cow 5 days :wacko:
My opk's have now gone to neg, so I think I'm still in the 2ww for this month with you lovey ladies :blush: I'm just going to assume that I ovulated yesterday or the day before.

Good Luck everyone!

Hows everyone doing? My nipples are no longer sore lol booo!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->