1 Q before starting drugs

MummyIwanabe

Twin Mummy!
Reaction score
Hiya!

I'm due to start my drugs on Friday. Just had a quick question that my mum mentioned.

On the miracle off chance I might be pregnant this month, does starting the drugs affect if I were pregnant?

It's highly unlikely but we try all the same. I start provera on fri for 7 days then onto burselin on sunday and then wait for AF. My mum was concerned that if I started these drugs and by sheer miracle I was pregnant that they could bring on a mis.c

I'll be starting the drugs on day 19 so can't check either.

I just wondered if anyone had thought the same and asked their clinic the question as I forgot!! :shrug:

Thanks! x

Wait, so you haven't missed your period yet? Why did they prescribe provera if you haven't missed a period?

If I read that wrong, and you have missed your period, you just have to do a pregnancy test before you take the provera, because yes, it can cause problems with pregnancy.

My OB prescribed Provera 2 me last Tuesday, and I've yet 2 see :af:. My flows are VERY irregular, BUT I've been on it b4, and she came within a few days. Im almost done w/ this prescription. Any ideas?

Hmm thanks. I've not missed my period yet I'd be on day 19. They prescribe it as the suppressant can confuse my body so the provera is to help bring on my period I believe. I'll call the clinic and ask.

Thanks! :) x

I'm confused as to why they would prescribe it to bring on AF before it's due - - please be very clear with the clinic on your cycle day. You don't want to take it if you could be pregnant.

Its prescribed to help body know what its doing as the suppressant sometimes really delays period. That's my understanding anyway. So although I start taking it on day 19 as instructed my period shouldn't arrive until my usual time of around 29 days.

Thanks for your help x

Hi hun,

I was assured that the down reg drugs won't harm the baby if you're already pregnant, so don't worry. They had a few cases at the clinic where they've had a pregnancy during down reg, and they went on to have healthy babies.

When I called up the clinic when I got worried that AF hadn't started after Provera, they asked me if there was a chance I could be pregnant. I don't think the down reg or the Provera will bring on miscarriage - you just won't bleed if you're pregnant.

Good luck with your cycle! :hugs:

Thanks peartree,

I phoned the clinic and they confirmed the same so that's good to hear! I thought that must be the case but thank you so much for putting my mind at ease :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->