1 yr old Question.

QuintinsMommy

Reaction score
yesterday Quin went to the doctors and they asked if he can understand simple commands like "go get your cup" but Quin doesn't is this normal?
he understands no, and little things.

I don't have any experience with a one year old lol, but all babies develop at different stages, I wouldn't worry about it, just keep an eye on his development and make sure he is learning new things and is communicating and responding happily, I'm sure everything will turn out fine xxx

No way. Issy understands 'no', 'bye' and 'hi' but definitely wouldn't understand if I asked her to get something...

No I wouldn't expect it just yet either, it'll be a good few months yet, don't worry! x

Noahs almost 11 months and I'm not even sure if he understands no... Sometimes he moves away from whatever it is, but it might just be coincidence because sometimes he carries on. Although when he goes to something hes not allowed he sometimes turns to look at me like he knows i'm going to say no? But i dont think he understands.

Definitely wouldnt understand a command like that! I wouldnt worry :hugs:

There's no way in three months time my LO will understand a command like that, I wouldn't worry Hun!

thanks everyone! I thought he was like way behind cause he only knows things like "hug" "no" and such.

I know a 15 month old that can get his things on command, But iv never met a 1 year old capeable of it!

I know a 15 month old that can get his things on command, But iv never met a 1 year old capeable of it!

I had to read that 3x cos I kept reading it as "I have a 15 month old." I was like huh? She kept that one quiet. Is that even possible? Whaaaa

Need sleep :haha:

I think Quin sounds fine! At 12 months many babies can't even walk so how could they go get a cup, etc.

They didn't ask me about following simple instructions (like go get your cup) until her 18 month appointment when they had a little development quiz thing at the end to assess whether or not they wanted to see you again or if you were good to wait until 4-6 years (unless she's ill).

I agree with everyone else, i wouldnt worry.
Kent understand no (even tho he hardly listens) and understands things like go to daddy or mummy but thats because he knows who we are etc. I dont think he would understand cup or anything like that untill a little later..

Did your DR seem suprised when you answered the question? Coz i agree with everyone else, i would think its more of an 18 month thing. Just curious how your DR reacted.

At that age Jaymee didnt even WALK , she understood some commands , but not something like that.
Jaymee just had her 18 month apt , and I was asked those questions for her.
So dont worry about it to much. im sure hes right on track

Oscar can get things and bring them back when i ask him but he's alwyas been above average . Don't worry at 12 months most babies don't understand yet xx

Liam doesn't understand no. Well he kind of does. He'll crawl to something he shouldn't have, look at me to check I'm watching, and when I tell him "no" he laughs at me. I'm dreading his teen years! lol.

No, Lily only understands basic things but if you as what does the doggy do she goes woof woof and what does the sheep do she goes baa baa.
She doesnt even understand no, when i tell her not to do something she ignores me!

I agree with everyone else, i wouldnt worry.
Kent understand no (even tho he hardly listens) and understands things like go to daddy or mummy but thats because he knows who we are etc. I dont think he would understand cup or anything like that untill a little later..

Did your DR seem suprised when you answered the question? Coz i agree with everyone else, i would think its more of an 18 month thing. Just curious how your DR reacted.

I asked if this was something to be worried about, and hes like "its not too unusual for them to not understand that yet"

Liam doesn't understand no. Well he kind of does. He'll crawl to something he shouldn't have, look at me to check I'm watching, and when I tell him "no" he laughs at me. I'm dreading his teen years! lol.
Thats what Noah does, I don't know if he fully understands though :shrug:

No, Lily only understands basic things but if you as what does the doggy do she goes woof woof and what does the sheep do she goes baa baa.
She doesnt even understand no, when i tell her not to do something she ignores me!
Ha no way in hell could Noah do that, he must be really backward :rofl:

It was proberly just a random question he asked to just ask.. im sure you will hear it again at the 18month stage when its normally asked :)
Plus like everyone else said, everyone develops at their own stage. I wouldnt worry.

Theo has just started doing this, like he can take things to the bin now :haha: , will go fetch his cup for me, will take his dummy out when you ask him..... hes 15 months?
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->