10 month old grouping toys together

Nikki_lou

mummy to 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
Just curious really.. my ds is 10 month and the past week or so has started to group his toys together and put them on top of things. For example he has all of his toys out (as usual!) But crawls around collecting either his stacking cups, shapes from his sorter or his mega blocks (depending on which ones he fancies) then puts them one by one on top of his toy box or a cabinet. He always has the same type of toy in the group and i have yet to witness him having an odd toy on the toybox or cabinet. Just wondered if this is a normal thing for a 10 month old to do? Maybe he has a bit of his dads ocd lol. He is doing it as i type so will ty to put a pic up x

Currently on the mega blocks! Sorry its in its side he cant actually stand on the wall yet hehe!

Attachments

• 20131001_142613.jpg
    20131001_142613.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 62
How clever of him!

It must be the milestone he's choosing to work on right now: categorizing things. He sounds very smart!

I agree, so clever!

My LO still just bangs his mega bloks together and tries to eat them lol.

Thanks for the replies ladies! i suppose thinking about it he has always been quite clever with his toys and working out how they work etc. saying that once he is bored of stacking them on top of things he does throw them all on the floor and tries to eat them lol.

Have a read of this
https://earlychildcare.wordpress.co...to-understand-and-extend-childrens-behaviour/

That's so cute, and clever! Sophie just smashes her toys around, no organising herë.

My little girl of 10 months has started the same.

When she's eating in her highchair, she carefully reaches over and places bits of her food or her cup onto the kitchen table. She also has started passing me balls when I say 'ta' something my son never done

My older son has done this from very early on, too. I think he has a bit of OCD with his toys though, lol. He would always line up toys that were the same type, or stack them, etc. He still sometimes lines all his similar toys up, but not like he did at that age.

I think its normal for that age hun, they are just learning what things go together and how things work. My almost 4 year old does it and its a marker for autism (hes currently under review) but youv nothing to worry about yet xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->