10 month old naps?

Kirsty1003

mummy to Isabelle
Reaction score
We're currently having a lot of trouble with dds night sleep and suspect her naps are the problem! She used to wake for the day around 7 have 1.5hrs around 10 then the same around 2, but recent shes been waking for the day at around 5:30..could this be down to too much daytime sleep?
Also another thing shes done recently (tonight been one of those times) just woken up around 11 and refused point blank to go to sleep till around 2!
We're all exhausted in this house, its also affecting ohs work as hes doing everything cause ive broken my arm! We need some sleep

My dd is doing exactly the same thing! Our routine is very similar except she only naps 30-45mins at 10am, and 1.5hr at 2pm, bedtime at 7.

Would it be the light? We are approaching summer here and it's getting bright a lot earlier, so I got blackout blinds and she seems to sleep for a little longer.

Lucky for me, we just started daylight saving, so this week when she wakes at 5:30, it's actually 6:30 on the clock lol, but it means quite a bit of work to put her down at night coz its still bright outside.

we were having problems with sleep, I think lo had got to the stage where 1 nap wasn't enough and 2 was too much, so we had to rearrange it, only this week though so we're at the start of the change.
lo was waking at 7
nap at 10
nap at 3ish
bed at 8.30
then she started not going to bed til 10.30pm and more often than not missing the afternoon nap as she was too interested in what was going on! she wake up in the night several times and toss and turn and whine and whinge til morning, something had to change!
now lo wakes at 7
nap at midday
bed at 7.
we'll see how it goes.

LO just turned 10 months today and the past couple of days have been hell with her sleep, like she has been fighting it! I'm thinking she's taken a big growth spurt. She wakes about 8am, nap about 11 for an hour, nap again about 3 for an hour and then bed at 8pm. Any more than that and it throws her off x

that sounds exactly how my daughter is. She still wakes a lot through the night so bear that in mind but... Where she used to refuse to go down until 2am, I stopped that by..

Get up about 8. Don't let her go down for a nap until 1-2ish. She'd nap for about 2hrs then I wouldn't let her sleep until 8 again. It's hard trying to get rid of the morning 10ish nap, but after a week she's adjusted to it now. No matter how winey she is I wont let her go down until after 1 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->