12 Cell Embryo on Day 5

Holly21

Reaction score
Hi, we are in the 2WW at the moment. We underwent PGD ICSI recently to avoid passing on a genetic condition. They retrieved 10 eggs on 30th Sept at around 11am. 8 were mature and 6 fertilised. They were all biopsied on Day 3. The DNA from one failed to amplify, and it died at 7 cells on Day 5. We had 2 good blasts and a morula, which were all affected by the mutation. The 2 left to transfer on Day 5 were a 5 cell embryo and a 12 cell embryo, both of which were compacting. We had both transferred on 5th Oct, although have been told the 5 cell will likely stop growing - if it was going to die, we preferred to have it die inside me. The 12 cell is a bit behind schedule, but was compacting. I've googled loads, but haven't come across any success stories of a 12 cell compacting embryo at 5 days. Has anybody come across a pregnancy in this situation? Thanks,

Hi Holly, didn't want to read and run but I have no idea and I hope some ladies on here can share some experiences on it. Xx

Thank-you. I have tender breasts this evening, and had a tiny bit of pink/red discharge earlier this evening, with a few mild cramps. Frustrating, as it might be the progesterone suppositories, it might be implantation, or it may herald a bleed.

I spoke with the lab today, and our 12 cell embryo was 6 cells pre-biopsy on Day 3. I'm concerned that this is too slow a division - or has anyone else who has had PGD found their embryos a bit slow after biopsy?

An unexpected result today - a positive with a ClearBlue manual test! I thought I'd post in case anyone else is in a similar position in the future, as I found such limited information when I was searching - a behind schedule embryo can go onto be a baby. I have very few symptoms - cramps and hot flushes (?progesterone supplements) and no sore breasts anymore. Best of luck to everyone else.

Congratulations to you and your OH!

Hello all, am new to this, nice reading all the comments, really nice to know I am not alone. This is my first IVF cycle, had 2 embrayos (both 12 cell grade 1 )transferred on 3/11. Now in the 2ww. On progesterone suppositories twice a day plus other medications.
What should I expect?

Had 1 failed IUI in may.

Hi - didnt want to read and run but wanted to wish you luck x

Hi hun.
Just wanted to say try not to read too much into how many cells etc.
I had a 5 cell 2 day transfer and it failed and usually they are expected to be 4 cells so it was fab quality. I hear of many women saying they have fab cell embies an fail an those that didnt expect to bring a bfp do!! it is a lottery and i wish u luck xxx

Holly 21 - what day did you test?

This is my first IVF cycle too. I transferred on day 2 (as this is clinic policy). I had 8 eggs but only 3 fertilised. I think the grading was 4 - so not sure if that is good or not. The ET was Monday 31st Oct and it is already killing me. I have no symptoms apart from being bloated and grumpy as hell.

Hi all , found this forum while looking for some answers..

Holly21, I am in a similar situation as you were in. 3 embryos on Day 3. My PGD results came in this week and only one turned out good, but this embryo has grown up to 12 cells only and has been transferred. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully there are no growth issues going forward. I have my test early next week. Concerned and anxious !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->