(134) March 2012 Testers! 41 BFPs! Find your TTC/Bump Buddy Here!

ok ladies this is probably a REALLY dumb question....im only 8dpo but i had an opk so i decided to test it out. i know an opk can test for hcg and lh. i got a faint second line on an opk. i know for it to be positive it has to be the same color or darker. but since i already ovulated would i even have a faint second line? or am i totally reaching right now lol

Does anyone have any advice or tips for someone doing AI? My wife and I tried using soft cups and preseed this time around. We will see how it turns out but any advice would be great!

hi ladies im coming over from the feb thread can i be put down for testing on the 25th of march please hoping this will be our lucky month, ill be busy packing as moving as well which will take my mind off all the waiting i hope.... GL to everyone

ok ladies this is probably a REALLY dumb question....im only 8dpo but i had an opk so i decided to test it out. i know an opk can test for hcg and lh. i got a faint second line on an opk. i know for it to be positive it has to be the same color or darker. but since i already ovulated would i even have a faint second line? or am i totally reaching right now lol

I think it could still be the trigger shot left in your system. Are you having any other symptoms?

Am stressing a little bit. I think I might have thrush? I checked my cm when I got ov pain and it was thick lotiony but with 'clumps' in it? Sorry for tmi. Does this sound like thrush (no discharge on underwear) would it stop me conceiving ie would it kill sperm?

Don't stress Annie. Last month I got thrush around when I was due to ov. I used preseed to give me more sperm friendly CM and 10 days later BFP. Sadly it didn't last but that had nothing to do with the thrush. Good luck. L x

I was cd3 yesterday and I took a fertility test that came with the box of HPT i bought last month directions say POAS on CD3 FMU .

two dark lines = elevated FSH ( ovarian reserve (eggs) is low in quantity or quality)
light or no second line = normal FsH

my result 2 dark lines :(.....Any body ever take one of these ? how reliable

Helloooo MARCH Maddness!!!!

MINNI That is such good news!!! I know you are relieved. So this means, this is the only time you should be hearing me say... come on AF! Let's get this cycle started!:dust:

AFM... Doc appt went well, as I thought, I am Pregnant! So far so good, set up for appts starting 2nd week of March, I should be about 7 weeks then. Due date until a dating scan is 10.25.12 which is what I suspected. I am now just cautiously in the TWW to scan.... All seems well, progressing.... I have begun to get a couple more symptoms too. Although early, I am thinking to create a ticker... Still early so I am just hoping for a Sticky Bean!!!

*First Page Updated*

Thank you!! I am very happy to hear your appointment went well!! Sticky :dust: Here's to March!!

Hi everyone! :wave:

minni2906 - That's amazing news! You must be so relieved! :happydance:

AFM - CD20 today. We bd on CD6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 16, 18 & 19. I got +OPKs on CD 18 & 19 so hopefully we caught it. We'll carry on bd-ing for a few days. Guess it's just a waiting game now. I hope this is it because if it's not I don't ovulate again until the very end of March & then miss April completely! And I would love to be ending the year with a little baby in my arms :hugs:

Thank you! I am relieved. :thumbup:
It sounds like you timed BD perfectly with your +OPK's! FXed for you this cycle!! :dust:

AFM - Took my last dose of Prometrium last night. I am now just waiting for AF. I am so excited to have a real cycle so I can compare with you ladies!

if it picked up HCG-it would be the same color if not way darker. it is natural to constantly get a faint second line all the time! but this doesnt mean your out! GL!

IM FREAKING OUT:( Since "o" day, im 5 dpo now, I've had white, kind of runny cm. it was getting increasingly more white and lotiony, then today, i could stretch it like 2 inches before it would break! I took an OPK and the second line was hardly visable!!! Any help on why it's gone like this? Is it a bad sign?

Not to sure my lovely. I had a faint line at 8dpo too :thumbup:

IM FREAKING OUT:( Since "o" day, im 5 dpo now, I've had white, kind of runny cm. it was getting increasingly more white and lotiony, then today, i could stretch it like 2 inches before it would break! I took an OPK and the second line was hardly visable!!! Any help on why it's gone like this? Is it a bad sign?

I've had stretchy cm since Oing. It definately hasn't been ewcm, since it's white/cloudy, but sometimes it feels sticky and sometimes stretchy sometimes blobby? Who knows! Anyway, I ended up getting a BFP yesterday at 11DPO :) So maybe it's a good sign

Ginny- Congrats hon!!!! That's fabulous news. It's hard when you read so much and it says you're supposed to dry up after "o." nice to see I'm not alone!!! xx

Ginny- Congrats hon!!!! That's fabulous news. It's hard when you read so much and it says you're supposed to dry up after "o." nice to see I'm not alone!!! xx

Our bodies never do what you think they should....

I definitely wouldn't worry about it. I get multiple patches of EWCM during my TWW and that really used to throw me before I figured out what was going on. But anyway, extra CM during your tww is supposed to be a good sign, so you never know.

Hey ladies just checking in. Think I had my positive opk so I'm on the cusp of the tww! Come on march 10!!! Hope everyone is well! Nothing to much to report yet... Just BD'ING everyday at this point!

CP most high position for this cycle and got a long string of ewcm (sorry tmi), but my ok is still negative, but still dark in colour... Sayin that.. that was my fmu WOOPS! Will test again in a couple hours

Hi ladies, I'm not even close to 'OV'ing yet as I'm only just on CD6 at the moment, but I'm going to using OPK for the first time ever so was wondering if anyone could give me any tips.

Despite the low odds I'm really hoping that this cycle will be the one, as unfortunately my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer just a couple of days ago. The result has been a big shock to the family. I just hope that he'll still be around to know whether he'll be a grandfather. The situation has however prompted me and my fella to apply for a quick wedding, so my dad can give me away which could be as soon as this Thursday.

I hope this post doesn't upset anyone, it's just something I really need to get off my chest.

missbabes- I am so so sorry to hear of your Dad:( My Mum has thyroid cancer so I know what you must be going through. It's terrible, but just know, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...
As far as OPK's- I don't have a regular cycle at all, so when I started, I just started any old day. I've done the smiley face ones, but I prefer the two lines as you can see the progression. don't take it the first morning urine though. As soon as the second line is as dark or darker than the control line, you've reached your LH surge and get to it:) when I saw my line get very close, I did it that night as well, can't hurt!
Hope that helped a little:0
Thinking of you xx

missbabes- I am so so sorry to hear of your Dad:( My Mum has thyroid cancer so I know what you must be going through. It's terrible, but just know, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...
As far as OPK's- I don't have a regular cycle at all, so when I started, I just started any old day. I've done the smiley face ones, but I prefer the two lines as you can see the progression. don't take it the first morning urine though. As soon as the second line is as dark or darker than the control line, you've reached your LH surge and get to it:) when I saw my line get very close, I did it that night as well, can't hurt!
Hope that helped a little:0
Thinking of you xx

Thank you for the kind words, it's appreciated. And I'm sorry that you do know what I'm going through. I know I would never wish anyone to go through what it's like.

My cycle differs from month to month too, generally just by a few days. But I have noticed that by the little 'start to test on' chart that came with tests just a moment ago, that I should start using them around one of the days that I'm likely to get married.

Cheers for the advice :thumbup:

Missbabes, I'm so sorry to hear that. I think its lovely you are speeding up the process so he can experience these things with you! I can only imagine how much that means to him! You're a great daughter!

Once you find the date to start testing, make you sure you try in the afternoon... Careful not to drink too much liquid a couple of hours before u test. Also, I start testing twice a day when i get closer to my expected O date. I learned this cycle it can be easy to miss your surge! Please post pics of your opks if you are ever unsure if they are positive or not... We would love to help you! I'm sure the tests say it,but the test line needs to be as dark as or darker than the control line! Happy poas!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->