14 days late and scared ): I need someone to talk to

ErinSheppard

Reaction score
I was supposed to have gotten my period 2 weeks ago. I have done 3 different HPT but all came back negative. I have had some symptoms such as about a 2 weeks before my period was supposed to start I had very light spotting, not enough to use a tampon or light panty liner it lasted about 28 hours and stopped. Since then I have had continuos light cramping/pressure in my lower abdomen. This week I have been getting nauseous/vomiting but it's not been in the morning it's more toward the evening. I have also had a continuous milky discharge. I'm constantly having to use the bathroom, I'll go pee and then an hour later I'll have to go again. My breast were very tender about two weeks ago but don't hurt as badly now however the areole part of my breast has not darkened from what I can tell. I'm very confused about what I should do. Someone please help!!! I'm very nervous about what to do!!

Are you trying to get pregnant? It's coming off like no.

When was the last time you took a test? At two weeks late you can go get a blood test to be sure.

Yesterday morning I went to my local health clinic they said that it was negative but a very faint negative. She asked me what kinds of symptoms I was having and when I told her about the slight cramping/tightness in my lower abdomen she seemed a little concerned and told me that it sounded like the early signs of pregnancy and that I needed to come back in 2 weeks to be tested again.

Well, first I'm nicely going to tell you that you won't get much help here because it this is a gathering of women who are all desperately hoping to get pregnant.

Also, I just had a 54 day cycle. I had every symptom in the book including nausea so bad I lost my lunch three days in a row. I don't believe in symptom spotting. Our body does stupid things all the time for a million reasons. If you're two weeks late and testing negative then you are most likely having a fluke cycle. It happens. Yes, if your period still isn't here when your next cycle is due then test again and see a doctor. But it is probably nothing. I've been having my AF for 10 years, every cycle 27-28 days and then off bcp 30-32. So I am walking proof that our bodies like to throw us for a loop sometime.

In the meanwhile, don't stress. If you want to go out and get smashed I suggest a pee stick first just to be safe.

Speaking of safe, idk what cb you are using but if it's to the point of you being worried about being pregnant then you need to rethink your method of protection

I'm not worried about not being able to go out and get smashed, I'm worried about being able to having the funds to provide for a child! I am using birth control and I never miss however, in August toward the very last days of the month I was put on an antibiotic and forgot that it can counteract with birth control and make it not effective. Around September 14th I had very light bleeding it wasn't anything to even use a tampon or panty liner with it was only ther when I would wipe.

I mean if you plan on doing anything that would endanger a growing baby then you should always pee on a stick first just to be sure you still aren't pregnant

As for the antibiotic, if you've been taking the same pill for a long time then you are probably protected. I've been on rounds on antibiotics on the pill and not wound up pregnant. It does happen which is why doctors have to tell you to use other bc, but it's not as common as you think.

If you're this panicked though I suggest getting a quantative blood test done.

I think it's a bit unfair to say you won't get much help here, this is a support forum, I'm trying to get pregnant but happy to give advice to all.

It is possible to get pregnant on the pill, esp if you took antibiotics and didn't use extra protection. Really there's no way of knowing if you could be pregnant, I think you'll have to do as the health clinic suggested and test again in 1-2 weeks.

Erin have a read of this thread, there's a lady here who was on the pill, missed due to antibiotics and had negative tests but was pregnant. Maybe she could give you some advice x

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/n...9-those-have-been-pregnant-made-you-test.html

U will get support but u r very much more likely to get it in the pregnancy area of the forum.

Antibiotics absolutely cancel out the pill, certain ones it doesn't like cerazette, I was always asked when on antibiotics if I was on the pill and when I told them cerazette they said that's fine it doesn't affect that one. I think its more the combined pill like microgynon that it affects.

What date did u dtd and what date did u start the antibiotics? What date did ur symptoms start. I personally would go to ur gp. However if uv been on antibiotics its also a good chance that its messed the cycle up if its interacted with ur pill, it may just be that u won't get af again until ur next due. If ur still taking ur pill stop, I don't no what harm it can do to a baby but I no it says on most packets don't take if u think u might be pregnant.

Keep us posted please xx

Itsnowmyturn I'm not exactly sure what the antibiotic was it was for a UTI I dtd the same 3 days I was on the antibiotics which was August 30,31 September 1,2. When I went to the clinic the lady there told me to continue taking my BC till I knew if I was pregnant or not, which I thought was a little strange. Also Mrs W 11 I have sent the lady how was going through the same thing a message, thanks for the help :)

with my last prenancy i didnt test pos untill i was 12 weeks! i KNEW i was preggers just took forever to prove it.. i tested every week i even started to show b4 i tested pos but with my first i tested pos at 8DPO just wanted to point out every person and pregnancy is different :)

sorry posted on wrong post new to the site got a little mixed up :)

I honestly do feel like I am. I know how my body usually feels and this is out of the norm for me. I just hate the anticipation

From what I've seen most skip these posts or are not very kind. I'm also a little confused because I asked if she wants to be pregnant so I could give the appropriate hopeful/realistic/calm response to be sensitive to what she needs. Which she identified as someone to tell her she is overreacting and not pregnant.

But judging from her reaction to the hopeful you could be pregnant responses and defensiveness towards my trying to say she isn't I would think that she does actually want to be pregnant despite previously saying she doesn't want to be and isn't financially prepared to raise a kid. So I apologize if I misread her wants and my blunt, you're not pregnant approach was not what she wanted

I wasn't trying to get pregnant but I just want to know if what I'm going through is common with people who have been previously pregnant.

I would probably go to ur gp and ask for blood tests.

I can't believe u didn't test pos till 12 weeks!! My sil was 18 weeks before she found out and hospital pee sticks came back negative and she had surgery and everything while pregnant with my nephew
Not everyone shows on hpt xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->