14 days late and scared ): I need someone to talk to

That's what I'm worried about, I went to the hospital about it already and the pee test came back negative as well. Do you think if I had them do an ultra sound it would show up? I know my body is doing something weird and I just want to find out what it is so I can stop being so worried about what's going on and not knowing answers.

They prob won't do ultrasound unless they get a pos test. Unfortunately I think all u can do is wait, keep testing and go for a blood test. If ur two weeks late it shud show on a blood test

Most all urine strips are the same, I would suggest a blood test as it's the only way to be sure, likewise you could have an ectopic pregnancy which may or may not show positive on a urine test but would show odd numbers in a blood test. In the case of an ectopic you would need immediate medical attention.

Also as a phlebotomist i CAN NOT tell you how many HcG tests i drew on women who were on the pill, had antibiotics and found out they were pregnant. It actually happens frequently, and any time you're on antibiotics with just the pill you should always use an alternate method of BC in conjunction with the pill.

I think I am going to go get a blood test done tomorrow. It's been 16 past when I should have gotten my period. I will most certainly be very super careful next time I'm on antibiotics.

Clear Blue also now offeres a test which estimates pregnancy gestation based upon the level of hormone detected. You mentioned earlier a faintly negative, there shouldn't be any such thing, faintly positive yes, but not faintly negative. Also there can be false negatives which are far more likely that a false positive. Get the blood test, you'll know one way or the other then. At 16 days late there will be a certain rage you should be well in, over 35 IIRC, anything under that can occur in any woman of child bearing age and is considered inconclusive (negative) then the numbers double every day into various reference ranges which is how an Date of Conception is determined based upon the numbers that come up. For example a woman one week pregnant might be 1200 while 16 days might be 7000, so if you were to get a number like 800 at that time past your period it could indicate a failed pregnancy, in which case an ectopic should be checked for. Just to cover all your bases. Good luck either way :)

Wow, thank you so much for all the information. The first time I went to have blood taken I went to the hospital but I hadn't missed my period yet but I had spotting like an implantation period so I went to have it checked out. They only tested my urine and told me that they "didn't have enough time to run my blood work" because they were too busy. The urine sample came back negative, however it was 9 at night. I've heard all these stories about women not knowing until they where already 12+ weeks pregnant.

I can not tell you for sure how far along i was previously as i was not TTC< all i knew was that i thought my period was late, i always tested positve

It's odd to not test positive being that late.. How long did the spotting last!? Maybe it was spotting from ovulation or possibly an actual period!?

Sorry, I just read back and answered my own question!! I have no idea what could be going on but definitely get the blood test done and go from there!!

From what I've read on this forum page it is possible to test negative from HPT for weeks. It lasted about 18 hours it was very light. I didn't have to wear a pad or use a tampon. It was very light pink at first and then became darker

You also shouldn't use blue dye tests as they can "ghost line". The most reliable are pink dye tests but the most reliable is a blood test.

It's true that some people just don't get positives for a long time!! I'm just not sure what the spotting would have been.. Maybe you spotted because your pill wasn't effective due to the antibiotics or something!!

That's good iniormation! I've been using the blue dye tests. I'm going to definitely try to go get a blood test done tomorrow

I've read that the spotting can be "implantation bleeding" it happened almost two weeks before my period was supposed to start.

Definitely can be Implantation!! It's also possible to spot during Ovulation (never experienced this but heard it happens) I would definitely go for the blood test and see what comes of that!!

Thank you, I'm going to go in tomorrow to get a blood test done. I feel like I have too many of the symptoms to not be concerned or worried.

I "Knew" right away with both pregnancies that I was pregnant so if you truly feel you are you definitely need to find a way to confirm it!! Sometimes pregnancy tests just don't work!!

With both of them I had cramping (just like AF cramps) and creamy cm and lots of it!! I started craving pickles like a crazy person and with my second, I was laying in bed one night and an overwhelming feeling that she had just implanted and that I was pregnant.. The next morning my 5 month old son refused to nurse! He took one suck, made a funny face and never nursed again after that (apparently the milk changes taste and texture) So I tested 4 days later and got a BFP!! With my son I KNEW I was but didn't believe it so I tested on CD 44 and got a BFP!! I really didn't have many symptoms but the cramping, creamy CM and badass craving for pickles were my dead give aways!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->