14 month old sick and sleeping all day?

WantsALittle1

Reaction score
DD was exposed to about 10 sick kids (visiting a daycare) on Monday. Every one of these daycare kids had thick yellow mucus just pouring out of their noses. It was quite disgusting. Didn't notice until DD had already put all the toys in her mouth and crawled around the classroom for 15 minutes exploring the environment.

Yesterday morning DD woke up with a runny nose, sneezing, and spiked a 100.7 fever. She was still her playful, goofy self but just a bit cranky. Called the doc, gave her Tylenol and waited to see if the fever would clear up on its own after the Tylenol wore off. It didn't. It went up to 101.7 and lasted until about midnight last night, with a couple more Tylenol doses given to help it stay lower. When she woke up this morning, the fever was gone but she has been sleeping ALL day, waking about every hour only to take in some fluids and food and wanting to go right back to sleep. She knows the words 'playtime' 'naptime' 'snacktime' and 'bathtime' and will wake up crying, want a food pouch and a few sips of water, and 20 minutes later start saying 'naptime' over and over. She then passes out as soon as I put her in the crib. She is still sneezing a lot today.

My question is... why was she awake/active yesterday when she was spiking these fevers but today, when the fevers are gone, she seems totally exhausted and wants only to sleep?

I wouldnt worry (although i know thats easier said than done) she sounds like she just has a nasty cold and sometimes as an adult you just want to stay in bed and rest. Shes eating and drinking so thats a good sign. Trust your instincts though, if she starts acting really out of sorts or out of character then get a doctor to see her, mum usually knows best! :)

My son has had a nasty virus this week, and been really rough there is lots round this time of year.

Also if your DD is starting childcare soon she will probably be one if those kids with thick snot coming out of her nose very soon so just aswell get used to it!! As many times as you wipe their nose there usually seems to be more, its not their fault and im sure the people looking after them try to wipe them as much as possible but sometimes its a losing battle! Its not the nicest thing but i think disgusting is a bit harsh!! Winter+nursery+toddlers often equals lots of snot!!!!!!

Oops I didn't mean that the kids were disgusting, I should have explained that better. I meant the facility and their failing to clean up the kids was disgusting.

We have visited so many other daycares in the last couple of weeks where the kids all had clean faces except for maybe one that needed a fresh wiping. That's what I'd expect to see--like someone has been attempting to tend to them. Especially if you know a tour is coming through, you'd think they'd wipe the kiddos' faces to try to make a good impression, but nope, haha. Every single kid had the same sickness and they just left all the snot there on their sweet little faces and there were TWO caregivers in the room with 10 kids! The place also smelled awful. I really do think it was a gross place and the online reviews say, no joke, "if you love your child, do not send them here." Wish I'd read the reviews BEFORE I visited, haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->