15DPO - I'm back! And I have good news!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas - thank you all for your continued support xxxxx

PS Managed to get a Christmas BD out of OH this morning :haha:

So it's cd26....looks like the soy didn't work for me. My OPKs aren't getting any darker, I have lots of creamy cm, and my temps are definitely still pre-ovulation. I'm undecided whether to up the dosage next cycle, or just forget about soy and accept that I have stupid long cycles....:shrug:

On a brighter note, I had a lovely Christmas. OH totally spoiled me and, although I made a little bit of a hash of Christmas dinner, we had a lovely day just the 2 of us and the dogs.

According to my ticker and FF this is my fertile period so it's just as well we're getting along again!

Ahhh that's good to hear, about you & OH not the soy, it was just me, my OH and our cats for Xmas dinner and it was lovely!

Unfortunately af joined us too, but she's leaving today lol, I dropped hints about her having a long holiday, so hopefully I won't see her for a while now.

Really hope you get your positive opk followed by a bfp soon.

Merry Xmas and a happy new year

:dust:
xxxx

Ahhh that's good to hear, about you & OH not the soy, it was just me, my OH and our cats for Xmas dinner and it was lovely!

Unfortunately af joined us too, but she's leaving today lol, I dropped hints about her having a long holiday, so hopefully I won't see her for a while now.

Really hope you get your positive opk followed by a bfp soon.

Merry Xmas and a happy new year

:dust:
xxxx

Boo hiss for AF! So glad you enjoyed your Christmas....here's to a fab 2011 for all of us xxx

Glad you had a good christmas!! Have you tried Vitex for your long cycles? I would defo recommend it, i usually had upto 40 day cycles, last on was 92. Started getting highs on CBFM on cd16, thats NEVER happened before!xx

I was just looking Vitex up on the internet!! How much do you take, how often and where did you get it?

I was thinking of either taking it next cycle or increasing the dose of soy.

hi Katie.
no ovulation as yet? ff said i am 3dpo today, but then i started to have light pink bleeding (sorry if tmi). so now i dont know if ff got it wrong and this is my AF?! gosh i am so confused. Glad you had a good Christmas :) Any plans for new year?

hi Katie.
no ovulation as yet? ff said i am 3dpo today, but then i started to have light pink bleeding (sorry if tmi). so now i dont know if ff got it wrong and this is my AF?! gosh i am so confused. Glad you had a good Christmas :) Any plans for new year?

Nothing as yet hope4bump! Going by my last cycle I'm due to ov on cd29....really hoping it's no later! Just done an OPK - another faint line :dohh:

Does it feel like your AF? 3DPO is too early for implantation, but FF could be wrong.... Could be an ov bleed. Hard to say lol.

No plans for New Year - OH is working on New Years Day so probably just to our local for a drink early doors. What about you?

no, we dont have any plans for new year, to be honest, i dont feel too 'festivy' lol, i just want a BFP!!!! :) well, if ff is right and i am 3dpo, it means i will have a longer cycle than the one before last, as last one was 62, before that 39; 35;37;31 and 25.... so the soy didnt help in the sense of bringing things forward....hubby asked this morning if i was pregnant, said my (.)(.) looks different. lol. I WISH :) hope your ovulation comes quickly. :dust:

If ov is the same as last cycle, I'll be happy :) I just hate being in limbo and not knowing what on earth is going to happen. I'm getting to old for surprises lol

I was just looking Vitex up on the internet!! How much do you take, how often and where did you get it?

I got mine from holland and barratt, its about £10 for 200! Its 400mg so i take 2, one in morning and one at night. You can get liquid form aswell but it tastes awful!! Start taking it when AF arrives, stop when you ovulate. In my 9 months TTC iv never had a strong OPK or any highs on CBFM, this month all is different :happydance:

I got mine from holland and barratt, its about £10 for 200! Its 400mg so i take 2, one in morning and one at night. You can get liquid form aswell but it tastes awful!! Start taking it when AF arrives, stop when you ovulate. In my 9 months TTC iv never had a strong OPK or any highs on CBFM, this month all is different :happydance:

You've convinced me ladygagafan!! I'll get some just in case ....:thumbup:

Good morning, Katie!! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Judging by your post, it sounds like you guys did :) I'm glad you and OH are getting along better!

I think we're snowed in here, which is just as well because we ran all over town yesterday to visit 3 different homes and families. I loved it though! Oh -- in case you didn't already do a double-take... it SNOWED here! And I mean REALLY snowed!! It never does that here, much less on Christmas!! It was so awesome. It's still coming down. We're slated to get up to 7 inches before it's over and done with ;) We don't have snow plows here so the EMA is closing a lot of the roads.

We had a good Christmas too :)

Sorry your ovulation is not occurring faster. Maybe before too long you can get to the doctor or something to see if he can prescribe some Clomid.. if that's a route you may be thinking of taking. If I were you though maybe keep taking the soy. I've heard it can take more than 1 cycle before it's effective.

Sorry about the snow Sideways - I can sympathise as we've had it now for about a month :( Glad to hear you had a good Christmas though and you got all your visiting out of the way.

I bet you're sick of me whingeing about not ovulating :blush: It just seems that my body has been gearing up to ov for ages now with no end result. How are things going with the progesterone? Any sign of AF yet? I'm not sure whether a doctor would prescribe Clomid just yet as we've only been trying for a short time...and I do ovulate on my own - it just takes rather longer than I would like to wait!

Katie that's exactly what I thought my doctor would say! He said that he was going to go ahead and give me the Clomid even though we've only been trying for a couple of cycles, because they're longer than they should be anyway. No since in waiting a year when you know something's not quite right during that year, was what he said. I'm glad I met him!

Oh... no apologies for the snow is needed! We never get it here and we absolutely love it. Even if it means being stuck in the house :) It's a good excuse to just stay at home and relax. DH is actually out riding his 4-wheeler right now.

And... no AF for me yet. I have 3 more nights, and I am to call the doctor and let them know when I get AF. If I don't get it by the time my progesterone runs out, I call anyway and we'll go from there.

Boxing Day is the day after Christmas Day - a public holiday in the UK. Not sure why it's called Boxing Day :blush: Maybe it's because when people traditionally opened presents, as its also St Stephens Day...:shrug: Answers on a postcard please.....

I've decided that 6 months is the cut off point when I'll go to a doctor. I really don't want to leave it a year if nothing happens. I'm really hoping that this cycle is the same (or thereabouts) as last cycle and I'm a couple of days away from ov now!

cd27....still no positive OPK (couldn't be more sick of POAS), some watery cm this morning, a few crampy moments last night, slight temp rise this morning. My temps have been totally out of whack the last week or so with me being off work I've been either sleeping in or taking them early and going back to sleep. So I don't even know whether I'll be able to rely on FF this cycle either!! Worst thing is, OH went out last night (Boxing Day tradition), and came in hammered at 1.30am....missed a BD opportunity yesterday and he'll be hungover all day today so I don't think today is the day either :nope:

Boxing Day seems to have originated in the mid nineteenth century in England. Some historians believe the name 'Boxing Day' came about because the boxes placed in churches where parishioners deposited alms (coins) for the poor and needy were opened, and the contents were distributed on December 26, which is also the Feast of St Stephen. (St Stephen was the first Christian martyr.)

Others believe that the Boxing Day tradition originated as a holiday for members of the upper class to give boxes containing food, clothing or money to tradespeople and servants, in much the same way that many employers offer their employees bonuses today. These gifts were usually given in boxes; hence the name 'Boxing Day".
Oxford English Dictionary says this comes from the Christmas box; the verb box meaning: To give a Christmas-box, and then leading to the term boxing-day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->