15DPO - I'm back! And I have good news!

I'll also be twiddling my thumbs this Thursday...waiting in for our new fridge freezer :growlmad:

One day when you're over in Sunderland, you'll have to get the bus through to Shields and we'll go for a coffee. Well, not coffee, cos we're TTC :dohh: Green tea then...:haha:

I'll be thinking of you when I'm on my 1 hour 40 minute bus journey with the dog!

We will have to meet up for a green tea, or something caffiene free, but I will have to bring the dog as I can't leave her at his in case she destroys the place!

I'll also be twiddling my thumbs this Thursday...waiting in for our new fridge freezer :growlmad:

One day when you're over in Sunderland, you'll have to get the bus through to Shields and we'll go for a coffee. Well, not coffee, cos we're TTC :dohh: Green tea then...:haha:

I'll be thinking of you when I'm on my 1 hour 40 minute bus journey with the dog!

We will have to meet up for a green tea, or something caffiene free, but I will have to bring the dog as I can't leave her at his in case she destroys the place!

Leave her at my house - there's nothing left to destroy lol!

She'll be fine if she has company, it's separation anxiety. I'm going to get another dog I think.

Very good idea - especially with huskies. They're pack animals and need company. I would never just have 1 dog.

Might be a good idea to get a 'lower energy' dog though :haha:

Yeh, having a dog that's 99% wolf as opposed to 98% like other domestic dogs can have it's downsides, even if they are gorgeous dogs :haha:

I'm thinking either an older husky that's already calmed down, or lower energy breed. Don't know what breed to go for though :wacko:

Pointer. But then, I am biased.....

They're much lower energy than some of the other gundog breeds, very even tempered and fantastic pets. I wouldn't have anything else (the naughty spaniel is OH's dog).

https://www.hawkfieldpointers.com/in-new-homes.html

Dandy (Hawkfield Suited N Booted) is my oldest dog.

He's gorgeous! I'll consider a pointer. I definitely need a calmer dog as I used to have two huskies, and they just bounced off each other and were constantly nuts. When I left the ex f***wit I had to leave Holly's sister behind :(

Thank you. Here is the whole motley crew:
Pointers.jpg

The one sitting up is Jack, then Dandy and Willow, and Benson the springer at the front. They're very calm and affectionate - eating fridges is definitely not normal behaviour :dohh:

They're gorgeous!

This is Holly being a poser!

Attachments

• Holly posing.jpg
    Holly posing.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2
You will do, she's still a cheeky puppy! She'll be one at the end of the month, and very much still a puppy at heart!

The spaniel is just 14 months and I think he'll stay a puppy for a long time yet. Mostly because OH treats him like a baby rather than a dog :dohh:

Why do they do that? My ex was the same. Holly is actually really calm when I'm around, she has happily spent the whole day asleep by my feet recovering from the nice long walk I took her on earlier. She just gets hyper when there's another dog to play with or I take her out for a walk. No matter what I try with her she still pulls :dohh:

Benson pulls too - he just gets too excited. He's got a harness, but that's not so much to stop him pulling as to stop him choking himself :haha:

:rofl: you two crack me up!

I looove both photos of all your dogs!

I think it's fine for younger couples to dtd more than once a day but not us... Not like we're dead old but he smokes so I think it's better for us to DTD every other day! He's out, been watching united who only drew...

Me and Adam want a dog and say that we would have to treat it like a dog with a baby on the way both of us want to do that crate training and if it works get another dog, I think they are pack animals and need a proper pack like you Katie!

Me and OH are dead old :rofl: Every other day for like a week would be fine...but my shortest cycle off the pill was 37 days!! No chance!!

All my dogs were crate trained as puppies Jaynie - I wouldn't be without it! The pointers are all show dogs so they had to get used to it from day 1. The spaniel was just a little bugger, so he had to have one too! We would have never got any peace!!

I'd hardly call us young, I'm nearly 30 and he's nearly 36 :wacko:

Holly is crate trained, but I don't have a crate for her anymore, nor a place to put it in this house!!!

Holly progressed to the garden when I go out, which she has duly husky landscaped for me :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->