16 dpo high temps but bfn?18 dpo temps still high maybe a second line?

Ok, I'd say it's time to retest!!!! ;)

I think I missed it-when's the Dr appt?

I tested bfn! not surprised. now I feel like I am getting a cold still have a headache and my temp is the same this morning!!got the day off so I'm gonna just try to relax.

good for you hun
Fx'd for the 31st!!!!!!

on the 31 so tuesday. I know she will give me a scan because it is my yearly scan so no worries there just not sure if she will order a blood test I will ask but might not get it if she does a scan. if I go by LMP I would be 6wks 4 days on tuesday but only 3 wks 5 days past conception. is this far enough along to see anything?

If the scan is an internal one (transvaginal wand) then they should be able to see a sac... they might be able to see a heartbeat at that stage and a fetal pole... I THINK, lol - not sure on this, but I know if its prior to 6 weeks, lots of women freak out that they can't see the heartbeat etc and are kind of worried/panicked until they can get another scan... .when its super close to 6 weeks though, sometimes everything is visible and beating away.
And almost all dates are based on LMP but if you ovulated later, then it will be a bit off for you.
Since you said 3w5d past conception, add 2 weeks for the 'pregnancy' age.
So you'll probably be more like 5w5d... they should surely see a sac then, but may not see a heartbeat yet so dont' worry about that.

If they see something on the ultrasound they will probably do the bloodwork anyway (if no sac visible.. run test to see if it might be ectopic and just not visible to them wherever it is)... if they see something on the ultrasound they will do your blood test anyway to see how high your HCG is so they can test again and make sure its doubling properly.

thanks lisa. well the test I took this am was bfn and I feel asleep again before the ten minutes but when I woke up it looked like there was a line so I took pic and inverted I am pretty sure that it's just where the color ran back through but why would it stick the second time through and not the first time. I mean there is color in the line. just more confusion.
https://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/MrsPing29/22dpodried005.jpg
https://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/MrsPing29/22dpodried005-1.jpg

I've had that happen on 2 cycles with cheapie tests. Both times I'm pretty convinced it was a sign of an HCG level that was just too low to show up properly yet! Some people told me they might be defective, but honestly, I'd used tests from the same lot several times, looked at them after the time limit and never seen a peep of a line at all, let alone one with color! The 2 cycles it happened on I started spotting like the next day (BBT had fallen etc) so I'm pretty sure I had chemical pregnancies due to my low progesterone.

I think this is a GREAT sign for you!!

This cycle, I had the line show up 5 minutes after the time limit... next day, it showed up within the time limit (though I'm doubling pretty fast so it may take 2 days until it shows up darker for you).,

I'm so excited, I think this is REALLY good news!!

I hope so! just did an opk and it was negative not even half as dark as the control!I still have hope though!!

You may just not metabolize the HCG into your urine well... which would make an OPK faint too!

have you done another yet??i see where you mean where the other faint line is but you cant count it as its after time.looks dodgy with the dye smudge over top aswell.hope its a bfp.gl.do a frer

ya did my last $ tree test this morning and bfn again! my temp dropped a bit this morning but I think it's because I didn't take my vitex yesterday.hopin and prayin for a BFP soon!!

You're still up though overall.. are you going to take your vitex today? I just can't believe its taking so long to show!!! I've never heard of this without pregnancy!

ya I'm gonna take it today see if my temp goes back up in the morning. I am just really worried that if I am preggers and I lift heavy things at work that I may hurt the baby. I try not to lift heavy things but I have to sometimes stock the coolers and pickle buckets are very heavy. I have been reading about the hook effect . where the hcg is so high that it does not register on the hpt because it goes past the thresholds upper limits.

wow, I haven't heard of that effect?! usually just hear that some women dont' metabolize it into their urine well so that only blood tests will really show it.

I'm not sure how early the heavy lifting restriction kicks in. Just think of all those women who dont' find out until they're 9 weeks pregnant etc and smoked and drank, went on roller coasters, lifted stuff etc!

Thanks ladies. I am so bloated that I look pregnant. Even dh said I must be pregnant with a belly like that. I got to work and had mentioned that I had to pee again and a girl from a different shift that has no idea about my situation said your pregnant! Wow tis wIt is killing me! I just want to know already! Just a few more days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->