17 weeks and 6 days with opening cervix ~ FINAL UPDATE PAGE 19

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Just keep resting and keep your stress level low (I know, easier said than done).

Just remember God is in control. Try not to let the negativity of the doctors get you down. They just want you to be prepared for the worst. Just take it day by day. Praying for you and baby girl.

We had another blessed day! I am trying to focus on one day at a time. I am just in total shock of everything that has happened. I don't understand it, I know I'm not suppose to understand the great plan of life but you can't blame me for trying.
I keep telling baby girl to stay put and that we love her very much.
Today I have felt pretty good but I feel like hubby hasn't been able to express his feelings because he is trying to stay strong for us. I started a journal recording my eventful pregnancy and suggested he start one too. So he will have a place to channel his emotions if he won't share them with me, friends or family. He has shared a little but I always notice he is trying to stop himself from crying. He has been wonderful! We decided to splurge on somethings mostly because I am on bed rest but it is also helping to lift his spirits. He went out and bought a new tv for our bedroom and some other goods. I believe in retail therapy, he does not, but I have seen it benefiting him.
I can not thank you ladies enough for all your support and prayers, we appreciate it. I will def. update if things take a turn for the worst or if things stay the same I'll update after my doctors appointment on Tuesday.

I'm glad to hear today went well. I hope that they continue to go well for many weeks to come! SOmetimes our men try to stay strong for us because they are supposed to. Be so happy that he is trying and the journal is a great idea for both of you.
I'm thinking of you, your man and your precious little girl!

I have been in the hospital since about 9am yesterday. Things are not looking good for us :cry:
After my anatomy ultrasound I went in for a pelvic exam where they informed me that my cervix is dilated and the sac is bulging out. At that time I was told that they could try to gently push the sac back in and give me a stitch. I was so happy even though I knew it was risky. I figured if they pop the sac oh well because baby won't have a chance if we don't try.
So I get wheeled to the floor where they are suppose to give me the stitch only to be told on need to go to a different floor. When we get to the room they put me in and talked with the nurses it seemed there was a change of plans just in the time it took us to get there.
The doctor who would perform the stitch came in and talked to me. The stitch was still an option but she wanted to do an amnio to make sure there wasn't an infection. If there was an infection they were going to hurry up and have me deliver and if not then we could pursue our options. I'm not going to lie the amnio kind of hurt but I just kept thinking of my healthy baby girl. They had to stick the needle in twice (the lady who stuck it in had not been successful in getting to the fluid:dohh:) and while it was in they wiggled it around which caused bad menstrual like cramping. I had some cramping and lower back ache for a little while after. It surprisingly didn't hurt at all when they took the needle out.
So after waiting for the results the lady who poked me twice with the giant needle came in to tell me that my amnio came back great, there was no infection and all the other things (not sure what those things are) came back great. However she did not bring only good news, she informed me that the doctor who would put the stitch in didn't want to do for fear of causing my cervix to rip making it difficult for future pregnancy and/or popping the sac. She said it was just too dangerous and that they were just going to "wait it out". I could tell by those words and the sympathetic look on her face that meant they would not be doing anything to try to save my baby :cry:
So here I am on strict bed rest waiting for the worst. Right now I need nothing short of a miracle. Although most of me is trying to prepare myself for when it happens another part of me is hoping and praying for some kind of miracle, I know they happen all the time.

What makes this harder is the fact that our little girl is healthy and growing strong. I saw her twice yesterday on the ultrasound and it made me so sad because she is happy as a clam in there and has no idea that her life may be over before she got a chance to live it. If she was unhealthy or had a genetic disorder I think it might make it easier. I would never abort my baby because of a genetic disorder (personally) but it would give me reason on why this is happening.

This just described my pregnancy to a T last year...I was 19 weeks 3 days but instead of being put on bed rest, I didn't even get that chance & dr wouldn't stitch cause sac was bulging and he said he'd bust it so I delivered a few hours later. I really hope things go different for you & get better. I'm pregnant again at 10 weeks 3 days & I can't find a stupid doctor to stitch my cervix. He says going by my past pregnancy & being high risk anyways it sounds like I have incompetent cervix but "by the books" he can't do anything about it unless I've lost 2-3 babies. Which to me is STUPID. So I'm stuck just "taking it easy" right now & "waiting it out" as the OB says. Good luck hun!

I have been in the hospital since about 9am yesterday. Things are not looking good for us :cry:
After my anatomy ultrasound I went in for a pelvic exam where they informed me that my cervix is dilated and the sac is bulging out. At that time I was told that they could try to gently push the sac back in and give me a stitch. I was so happy even though I knew it was risky. I figured if they pop the sac oh well because baby won't have a chance if we don't try.
So I get wheeled to the floor where they are suppose to give me the stitch only to be told on need to go to a different floor. When we get to the room they put me in and talked with the nurses it seemed there was a change of plans just in the time it took us to get there.
The doctor who would perform the stitch came in and talked to me. The stitch was still an option but she wanted to do an amnio to make sure there wasn't an infection. If there was an infection they were going to hurry up and have me deliver and if not then we could pursue our options. I'm not going to lie the amnio kind of hurt but I just kept thinking of my healthy baby girl. They had to stick the needle in twice (the lady who stuck it in had not been successful in getting to the fluid:dohh:) and while it was in they wiggled it around which caused bad menstrual like cramping. I had some cramping and lower back ache for a little while after. It surprisingly didn't hurt at all when they took the needle out.
So after waiting for the results the lady who poked me twice with the giant needle came in to tell me that my amnio came back great, there was no infection and all the other things (not sure what those things are) came back great. However she did not bring only good news, she informed me that the doctor who would put the stitch in didn't want to do for fear of causing my cervix to rip making it difficult for future pregnancy and/or popping the sac. She said it was just too dangerous and that they were just going to "wait it out". I could tell by those words and the sympathetic look on her face that meant they would not be doing anything to try to save my baby :cry:
So here I am on strict bed rest waiting for the worst. Right now I need nothing short of a miracle. Although most of me is trying to prepare myself for when it happens another part of me is hoping and praying for some kind of miracle, I know they happen all the time.

What makes this harder is the fact that our little girl is healthy and growing strong. I saw her twice yesterday on the ultrasound and it made me so sad because she is happy as a clam in there and has no idea that her life may be over before she got a chance to live it. If she was unhealthy or had a genetic disorder I think it might make it easier. I would never abort my baby because of a genetic disorder (personally) but it would give me reason on why this is happening.

This just described my pregnancy to a T last year...I was 19 weeks 3 days but instead of being put on bed rest, I didn't even get that chance & dr wouldn't stitch cause sac was bulging and he said he'd bust it so I delivered a few hours later. I really hope things go different for you & get better. I'm pregnant again at 10 weeks 3 days & I can't find a stupid doctor to stitch my cervix. He says going by my past pregnancy & being high risk anyways it sounds like I have incompetent cervix but "by the books" he can't do anything about it unless I've lost 2-3 babies. Which to me is STUPID. So I'm stuck just "taking it easy" right now & "waiting it out" as the OB says. Good luck hun!

Thats terrible :( they really should give u a stitch can u get a second opinion?
So sorry for your loss :hugs:

Really hoping that little one hangs on in there and everything goes okay. Sending positive thoughts your way xx

We had another blessed day! I am trying to focus on one day at a time. I am just in total shock of everything that has happened. I don't understand it, I know I'm not suppose to understand the great plan of life but you can't blame me for trying.
I keep telling baby girl to stay put and that we love her very much.
Today I have felt pretty good but I feel like hubby hasn't been able to express his feelings because he is trying to stay strong for us. I started a journal recording my eventful pregnancy and suggested he start one too. So he will have a place to channel his emotions if he won't share them with me, friends or family. He has shared a little but I always notice he is trying to stop himself from crying. He has been wonderful! We decided to splurge on somethings mostly because I am on bed rest but it is also helping to lift his spirits. He went out and bought a new tv for our bedroom and some other goods. I believe in retail therapy, he does not, but I have seen it benefiting him.
I can not thank you ladies enough for all your support and prayers, we appreciate it. I will def. update if things take a turn for the worst or if things stay the same I'll update after my doctors appointment on Tuesday.

aww glad to hear your staying postitive :) its a hard time for yous to go through. hope your little girl stay put and grows stronger looking forward to hearing more good news x

Thinking of you and Hope your lil miracle hangs in there
and you make it to your safe point.. or even better u make the full term

Wish u all the best Babe xxxx

Thinking of you hon, try to stay positive. Wishing you every bit of luck for your little girl :hugs: remember every day is a step closer xxx

Good luck and don't let the doctors get you down. Stay positive and you will get through this. Each day brings you closer and closer to a happy, healthy birth. I would try the bed positioning that was mentioned to try to get gravity to work for you. Maybe if you can get gravity to work, they can do the stitch. Don't be afraid to get second opinions. Hang in there. We are all pulling for you and your LO! :hugs:

Keeping you and baby girl in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and think positive.

Just got back from the doctors office and good news (well good in our situation anyways). I was 2 cm dilated at the hospital (Thursday) and I have not dilated anymore since then:thumbup:. Obviously I'm not in the clear and it's hard to say how things will go but to me this is good. I still have my hope and faith.
Then we got to hear baby's healthy heart pumping away made me smile. I can't believe how much I love her already. I might have to fight for a while but I'll do anything for her.

Fantastic news, good job baby you stick tight :)

Memo for baby - stay put and stop trying to wriggle out! Your mummy deserves a few more weeks rest yet ok? Now you stay snuggled up nice and warm for a while longer yet and mummy will meet you in 22 weeks time! Hope she can hear my memo for her! Still praying for you both XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"