17DPO no AF but cramps!

Briana0990

Reaction score
My last cycle started 07/05 and I have 28-29 day cycles like clockwork. I'm about 16-17DPO, and about 3-4 days late. I tested about 11 DPO and got a bfn. A few nights ago, I had a horrible stomach ache and diarrhea (sort TmI!). I figured it was just AF. Now that I am late, I'm starting to wonder. I have been ttc for 3 plus years, so I know better then to get my hopes up. I am not dry down there like usual. Also have no spotting, which I always get. So scared to test and see that bfn, I'd rather just wait for the witch. I've been cramping for about 5 days now with low back pain which makes me think AF is coming soon but that's what I thought for the last few days and she never shows. So frustrating.

Hi B
I have been in the same kinda boat as you - I'm 18dpo today no AF but small spotting this am. The diff from me to you is I am not cramping.
It's enough to drive anyone crazy huh?
Just wanted to wish you the best. I'm still hopeful on my end.
Do you chart temps? If so, are your temps still up?
I understand wanting to wait it out rather than test and see that BFN. I've been staring at them for 10 days in a row now.
I think I'm just gonna keep doing the cheapies each morning until BFP or AF.
Sucks to be stuck at this fork in the road, but allll the ladies here understand completely!
Positive vibes and :dust: to both of us!

My BFP chart from 2012 for some hope!
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3dcb34

Thanks JLM. This process can be so draining. I'm still cramping and having crazy back pain, so I'm not too optimistic. Still no bleeding. Not even a spot. Not even pink tinged CM. So crazy. I don't chart I just use calendar app and OPKs. I wish I did now! I'll have to check yours out! I hope it works out for us soon!

The cramping and lower back pain can be a good sign!!
the hope you should get from my chart is the late BFP after a bfn two days before!

Briana I agree with Powell those cramps are a good sign, especially with no bleeding, so something else is going on, maybe the lil one's digging in deep hehe

Powell I saw that late BFP. I also like to + opks late in the game lol
Did you have anything particular that made you go for a beta after those negs or was it just already scheduled?

Thanks Powell! And thanks for explaining the chart! I always have a hard time understanding them because I don't temp.

It was a holiday weekend and I wouldn't get into the doc for a few days and I had a MC right before and i wanted to go ahead and get them drawn because I'm impatient and paranoid lol

Powell totally understandable. I have never had the urge to be worrisome when preg before, but def will be this time around. AT least until I make it to the 28wks mark. I used to work in L&D and there a huge diff between the 24 wkers and the 28 weekers NICU wise. So glad they just built a brand new hospital 5 mins away with a high risk nicu.
I'm hoping I can do the midwife thing as I never got to before, but anything high risk besides my age and I won't chance anything.

JLM I saw your tests in another thread. Are those after the time frame? They look pink!

Yup def after the 10 mins, within 10 mins is a super squinter so light I can't tell if there is color

I'm thinking positive thoughts for you! I can stare at mine for a day and it will stay white forever! Ha I've never even had an evap. I hope this is your month!

Thank you Briana :hugs:
I'm just trying to be patient.
I have really not gotten evaps on the $ tests or walmart cheapies before this. I read an article once that explained how urine tests are made ( any type, drug etc)It said that the control lines always respond to any moisture but whatever is being tested for- the test line will ONLY change when exposed to the "metabolite" for that substance.
Obviously hcg for a hpt. But it was a superlong article that explained rapid assay tests are to be read within manuf time frame, but still the test line will only react (meaning color change, not just an evap of blank space etc) IF the proper metabolite contacts the test area.
I am a medical background person, so this makes sense to me.
Therefore a line with color should mean there is "some" of the substance detected scientifically. But I have seen ppl test with crazy things and make tests change.
But again certain substances at their chemical breakdown level do cause reactions in hospital test ( like some medicines causing tests to come up positive for blood when there is no blood in the specimen blah blah)
Lol I get in trouble overthinking the science of it all.
But I know when it comes down to it, even if my semi bfp looking evaps are truly from hcg...if it doesn't go up it's not sustainable.
That I can deal with.
I also know that no matter the product- a manuf will always put a detection level on a test that is reliable nearly 100% of the time.
So even when they tell us a test detects 25miu, it has to detect less than that to be marketable- meaning they know in trials it detected 15-20, but for CYA they will never market the absolute lowest as guaranteed, so 25 would allow them a buffer zone.(insert Geek Smiley lol)
I just have never been one of those ppl who can lie to themself, so to SEE a colored line at all, I can't stop thinking of that article and saying , well...it could be.

It most definitely could be! But I understand being skeptical. Still no AF for me. Not even a spot. I'm trying to stay positive and I've decided if she's not here by tomorrow I will test. Cramping last night plus a lot of stomach issues this morning. So I'm staying hopeful yet skeptical if that makes sense. After 3 years and a botched IVF ( they could only reach one ovary and got only one egg even though I had 8 viable on the side they couldn't reach) it's hard to believe this may be it.

Can't take it anymore I'm going to get a test! This is driving me crazy lol

Oh YAY!!
Eagerly awaiting your update
FX Bfp vibes and :dust: to you B

Well it's A BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!! One on a FRER and one on a clearblue!!!!! The picture is hard to see but in person it is pink and clear as day!!! Not as dark as I'd like but I am most definitely preggo ya'll!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 67
This pic is a little better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 45
OMG Briana!! YAY Huge congrats!!
I hope I can end up with the same result
I see it on both pics, 2nd one a bit better!
I have the same counter top :rofl:
Hope that helps me get the same result as you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"