1st month TTC after a miscarriage

Hi ladies :hi: wondering if I can join you? We lost our little bean at the end of January, had ERPC on the day I should have been 13 weeks. At the min, It's CD12 of first cycle after AF. Trying OPKs for the first time, we haven't had any issues conceiving before but I think it makes me feel more in control of everything, knowing what's going on in there!

... Wishing you all sticky baby dust and sorry for everyone's losses :hugs:

Hi Leann83, great to see you over here :) and great news you're in your first proper cycle now. I'm still waiting for first AF after d&c but it shouldn't be long now unless I get lucky of course! Good luck this cycle!

Hi all. Congrats to the :bfp:s and :hi: to the new ones. I'm on CD 4 today and AF has already stopped which is very strange for me. My normal AF used to be 7 days long! Well I guess I have a new normal...I'm not complaining about this change though!

Thanks jaspie :flower: I hope AF stays away for you, throwing lots of :dust: your way! I see you've a new journal... hope you don't mind a new stalker :haha:

Hi Leann, you're very welcome here - everyone is lovely. Good luck for your first cycle!

Tankel - great to hear that you've had your first af now after the wait. Will you be ttc this cycle or waiting?

Jaspie - fx for you! Hope you get lucky this cycle :)

Im for sure going to be TTC! Hows the baby growing doing?

Exciting!!! Wishing you so much luck!

So far so good, thanks :) I definitely feel more pregnant than last time and I'm having symptoms that I didn't get before like food aversions and a bit of very mild nausea. Still working on my issues with my phobia of being sick but I've been doing ok at keeping the anxiety under control so far. First us is on 21 march when I think I will be 7w4d so I'm counting down the days until then!

Thanks cl59 :flower:

So... I'm wondering if anyone can give some insight into OPKs? I normally have 27/28 day cycle so started using the OPKs on CD10 so have done one Sat, Sun, yesterday and today. All have had no trace whatsoever of a second line, stark white! Am I wrong in thinking they usually start off with a faint link, getting darker until you get a positive? I thought as I am on CD13 there would be something there :wacko:

for some people they do work that way, with the line gradually getting darker. For me, they never do. One day I am almost positive, and the next nothing at all! I just keep testing around 1 pm everyday until I get a clear positive result.

Hi ladies - I haven't posted for a while.

Welcome leane. Good luck with the opks. the cycle I got pregnant using opks I had a 5 day run into a positive but from what I hear (llike tankel) you can get a blank opk one day and positive the next. I'm cd 16 today and they're still blank. And sorry if this is tmi but I get lots of ewcm before o and erm I really really want to bd lol.

tankel - I normally have af for 5/6 days but my first af was very light, no cramping and lasted for 3/4 days. At the time I thought it was because they did such a thorough job at the erpc and there was not much to come out.

Exciting!!! Wishing you so much luck!

So far so good, thanks :) I definitely feel more pregnant than last time and I'm having symptoms that I didn't get before like food aversions and a bit of very mild nausea. Still working on my issues with my phobia of being sick but I've been doing ok at keeping the anxiety under control so far. First us is on 21 march when I think I will be 7w4d so I'm counting down the days until then!

Hiya cl59,

Just wanted to say I too suffer from a phobia of sickness fir as long as I can remember. I manage it fairly well with the occasional 'wobbles' (panic and anxiety attacks). With my first pregnancy I was lucky enough to not suffer any morning sickness so I have my fingers crossed for you that yours will be smoothxxx

21 days since my loss, I bled for only a week then BD on day 8 then nothing until this week when I did my hospital hcg test and all back to normal (as in a negative preg test) so been BD'ing this week and now have the green light physiologically to just NTNP...I had irregular cycles previously so won't know when to expect AF, will be a case of wait and see hehe!

Lots of positive vibes your way, not long to go till your us👏☺️

xxx

Thanks tankel, spudtastic! Another blank one today and now I've ran out of OPKs :dohh:

Hi ladies - I haven't posted for a while.

Welcome leane. Good luck with the opks. the cycle I got pregnant using opks I had a 5 day run into a positive but from what I hear (llike tankel) you can get a blank opk one day and positive the next. I'm cd 16 today and they're still blank. And sorry if this is tmi but I get lots of ewcm before o and erm I really really want to bd

No EWCM yet either so I must O later than I thought. Amazing what you find out when you actually start paying attention to these things! :haha:

I done the clearblue ovulation trail, I thought I was ovulating CD 14/15 and turned out it was 10/11

They are often taking on if anyone wants to google it.

Hiya cl59,

Just wanted to say I too suffer from a phobia of sickness fir as long as I can remember. I manage it fairly well with the occasional 'wobbles' (panic and anxiety attacks). With my first pregnancy I was lucky enough to not suffer any morning sickness so I have my fingers crossed for you that yours will be smoothxxx

21 days since my loss, I bled for only a week then BD on day 8 then nothing until this week when I did my hospital hcg test and all back to normal (as in a negative preg test) so been BD'ing this week and now have the green light physiologically to just NTNP...I had irregular cycles previously so won't know when to expect AF, will be a case of wait and see hehe!

Lots of positive vibes your way, not long to go till your us👏☺️

xxx

Thanks so much SummerBaba! I am very sorry for your loss. I'm also sorry that you suffer with this horrible phobia too but it's nice to hear from someone who really understands. I have started to feel pretty nauseous over the last five days and I'm feeling quite anxious about whether it will get worse/how long it will last etc as I think I'm only 6w1d but I'm trying hard to keep it together. Took a cyclizine tablet for the first time today which I think did help a bit. Trying to stay positive and just take one day at a time.

Great that you are back to normal and have been given the go ahead to ntnp :happydance: Wishing you so much luck!!! Keep us posted and fx!

So its cd17 and this afternoon I got a blazing positive on the opk.
we bd on cd13 and yesterday in cd16.
Every one says get bd-ing when you get a positive opk.
My emotions are all over the place. Yesterday I cried because I got a negative opk and I cried today when it was positive. I thought I'd be keen to bd tonight but I'm not. I'm scared to get pregnant again. I'm scared of a dud egg.
But I'm also scared of not getting pregnant.
Anyway bd-ing won't happen because dh is working late and I'll be up early with dd.
Aghhhhhhh.

So its cd17 and this afternoon I got a blazing positive on the opk.
we bd on cd13 and yesterday in cd16.
Every one says get bd-ing when you get a positive opk.
My emotions are all over the place. Yesterday I cried because I got a negative opk and I cried today when it was positive. I thought I'd be keen to bd tonight but I'm not. I'm scared to get pregnant again. I'm scared of a dud egg.
But I'm also scared of not getting pregnant.
Anyway bd-ing won't happen because dh is working late and I'll be up early with dd.
Aghhhhhhh.

Oh big big hugs to you :hugs:

It's so hard isn't it? Completely natural for your emotions to be all over the place. I totally get what you mean about being scared to get pregnant and scared to not get pregnant! I definitely don't have the answers but I would say a few things - pregnancy after a loss must surely be scary however long it's been. For me it was only a few weeks and it was super scary when I found out but now I have passed the point of my mc I feel much better, and I guess those initial fears do subside as time goes on for most people. Also, if you have been ttc then had a loss it is also a fear that you won't get that bfp again - but as everyone told me, you know you CAN fall pregnant, so try to be positive that it will happen again (easier said than done I know).

Sorry I can't be more helpful but know you aren't alone. Whatever happens this month we will be here to support you!

:hugs: spudtastic, I'm only new to it but TTCAL seems to be such a rollercoaster... I know exactly what you mean about the emotions, it's something you want so so much yet it's terrifying too after what you've been through. I found TTC in itself takes over so many thoughts but after a loss there's a boatload of extra emotions in there to take on, but I know from all I've read on here that all you ladies are so strong and we will all have our healthy, happy rainbows soon :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->