1st month TTC after a miscarriage

Congrats on the BFP Bee Bee! I really hope its a sticky rainbow for you!

Anyone still planning on testing in February? I *could* test next week Monday. I might, because that is the day I have my genetic counseling apt. But it would be really early and likely a bfn anyway...Otherwise I would expect AF around the 25th/26th.

I am excited to start testing; but I'm trying to hold off until March since I don't know if I O'd or when I O'd if I did. I don't want to waste a lot of tests.

Congrats on the BFP Bee Bee! I really hope its a sticky rainbow for you!

Anyone still planning on testing in February? I *could* test next week Monday. I might, because that is the day I have my genetic counseling apt. But it would be really early and likely a bfn anyway...Otherwise I would expect AF around the 25th/26th.

I am excited to start testing; but I'm trying to hold off until March since I don't know if I O'd or when I O'd if I did. I don't want to waste a lot of tests.

Yeah, thats kind of where I'm at too. I only have 2 tests (one frer and one digi) and dont want to waste them. I dont think my chances are great this month because we only dtd twice and I wasnt opk'ing. I might grab a couple at the Dollar Store just so I have one to take on Monday before the appointment.

Koz..

for 16 months we were at it like bunnies.. some months not pregnant.. some months pregnant and a loss.. in 16 months I got pregnant and lost 7...

January I had nookie ONCE! we decided not to try anymore as I couldn't deal with anymore losses... I lost my last one Dec 27th... 10 days later we had nookie... 11 days after that one off nookie session.. :bfp:

So to say you DTD twice and your not thinking positive??? it was once.. and around 6 of us in the october pregnancy group all said the same.. they only DTD once that cycle also.. and we are pregnant..

Good luck all ttc xx

Koz..

for 16 months we were at it like bunnies.. some months not pregnant.. some months pregnant and a loss.. in 16 months I got pregnant and lost 7...

January I had nookie ONCE! we decided not to try anymore as I couldn't deal with anymore losses... I lost my last one Dec 27th... 10 days later we had nookie... 11 days after that one off nookie session.. :bfp:

So to say you DTD twice and your not thinking positive??? it was once.. and around 6 of us in the october pregnancy group all said the same.. they only DTD once that cycle also.. and we are pregnant..

Good luck all ttc xx

Thanks - and congrats on your pregnancy!

I didnt mean to sound "not positive" just realistic. And actually, we are ntnp this month and next month. It would be GREAT if we got preg (if it stuck!) in the next two months, but not ttc full on until April. This is due to some financial things that came up that we are now paying for, and also due to the fact that we have used all our HRA monies for other medical things that came up. (We would end up paying a lot of money out of pocket if I delivered in 2015).

Also - we dtd on cd16 and cd18, and that is right around when I would typically ovulate. So....its up in the air!

Sorry for everyone's losses - especially yours being so new tankel.

I am TTC for the first month since a loss/d&c in December. It was awful but taking the time to recover was really helpful for both my physical and mental health.

Wishing everyone best of luck and baby dust!!!

Thanks ladies, we havent DTD yet since D&C which has only been 6 days. My bleedings has stopped but hospital said no said for two weeks after the op. I havent done any HPTs yet... kind if dont want to see a positive or a negative if that makes sense (crazy I know!)
We were NTNP when we conceived the last three times, i dont temp or use OPKs or anything. I usually get ovulation pain and EWCM though so figured we wont prevent pregnancy bfore AF. Im so desperate to get pregnant again.
I read last week that there is more chance of a successful pregnancy in the first 6 months after a loss but unsure how true that is. Hope everyone is ok this morning 😃

Thanks ladies, we havent DTD yet since D&C which has only been 6 days. My bleedings has stopped but hospital said no said for two weeks after the op. I havent done any HPTs yet... kind if dont want to see a positive or a negative if that makes sense (crazy I know!)
We were NTNP when we conceived the last three times, i dont temp or use OPKs or anything. I usually get ovulation pain and EWCM though so figured we wont prevent pregnancy bfore AF. Im so desperate to get pregnant again.
I read last week that there is more chance of a successful pregnancy in the first 6 months after a loss but unsure how true that is. Hope everyone is ok this morning 😃

I totally get what you are saying. I didn't want to see that :bfn: after my MC. But then I just wanted to get it over with. It took almost 3 weeks for me to get a stark negative. We are also not preventing before AF shows. I'm still waiting on her....:coffee:

Congrats beebee!

I am also not convinced about how necessary it is to wait for af/certain number of cycles before ttc. My feeling is that if dh and I are ready emotionally and I am feeling well physically then I'm not going to do anything to prevent it. Using contraception would feel so sad to me :( and Im impatient! I guess if my body isn't ready then implantation won't happen.

I haven't been using opks or anything and I don't know if I ov - if I count the mc as cd1 then I'm on cd28 with no sign of af yet. But I know there's still plenty of time for her to show! I bought two hpts today (silly I know) so I'm going to try my hardest to resist using them as I think it's probably a bfn and I don't want to waste them and be sad!

Fx to us all!

I didn't really bother waiting after mine, which in hindsight, may not have been the wisest move. But I have an exceptionally long recovery time when it comes to injury and illness (I suffer from a serious medical condition that affects healing, in addition to many other things). As soon as AF hit, we started actively trying, but it wasn't really a full AF and it took a couple more cycles before my endometrium obviously was developing properly each cycle. I had a chemical in the meantime.

Congrats beebee!

I am also not convinced about how necessary it is to wait for af/certain number of cycles before ttc. My feeling is that if dh and I are ready emotionally and I am feeling well physically then I'm not going to do anything to prevent it. Using contraception would feel so sad to me :( and Im impatient! I guess if my body isn't ready then implantation won't happen.

I haven't been using opks or anything and I don't know if I ov - if I count the mc as cd1 then I'm on cd28 with no sign of af yet. But I know there's still plenty of time for her to show! I bought two hpts today (silly I know) so I'm going to try my hardest to resist using them as I think it's probably a bfn and I don't want to waste them and be sad!

Fx to us all!
Im at cd28 as well. ntnp and i feel tempted to test even though I got a BFN last week.(just testing to see if I had any HCG from my last pregnancy left) I decided if I still dont feel like AF is on her way by monday I will take one. Its hard because I cant really gauge Pg symptoms because I didnt really have any last time either til about 6 weeks.
Good luck!

CD24 here and I'm already itching to test! Have to hold out til at least Monday though. Hoping to get to the dollar store for some cheap tests so I dont use an frer during a ntnp month!

Have any of you been told to try Aspirin? I did on this pregnancy and its the furthest I have got... I have a healthy one here so far.. my 7 losses were before 4.5weeks. I feel 75mg Aspirin as suggested by my consultant is the miracle pill...

Serenjay - that is very encouraging! I haven't been told to take anything but it was my first loss so my doctor hasn't really given any advice or done any tests. I am just taking b complex (includes folic acid), vit d and some iron as I have low iron stores and am trying to build them up as much as possible.

I am also becoming v tempted to test but too scared to be disappointed. I'm trying not to symptom spot as we were only ntnp and I don't know for sure if I've ov or when af should come BUT of course I am noticing things like being much hungrier and more tired the last couple of days - exactly like when I got my bfp... No sore bbs though which I had last time. Also didn't get my usual sore bbs at suspected ov time which makes me think this cycle might be anovulatory. Who knows?!?

Good luck to everyone who is planning to test!

cl59 I hope you get a BFP when you decide to test.. I know it can be an anxious time now.. most symptoms we get are normal progesterone... my main symptom in all my pregnancies was palpitations.. and red cheeks... Wishing you luck x

I just wish af to come now so I can get on with a full-blown smep next cycle with proper opks, a proper tww, and a known cd...I am 31 days since I 1st started bleeding and 22 day since I passed the last of the tissue.

Hello
kozmikkitten - I was tempted to buy a box of 40 cheapie hpts for $50 when a box of frers cost $18 for three. I'm a poas addict as it is.

I'm cd30 today if I count my erpc as cd1 (I bled for two weeks prior to the erpc too). my opks have been so blank but today I thought I saw a squinter of a line. Previously my opks took a week of getting darker until I got a positive opk. So I'm gping to eagerly test tomorrow. If I do o I'm going for it this cycle :) luckily I bought 40 opks. I've used half of them already lol.

spud - I usually buy a ton of preg tests and opk's online. But I am trying to hold off until next month to buy them! (I still have like 20 opk's left but I'm not using them this month or next month).

We ran into some unexpected financial difficulties this month....so now we have to have the discussion as to whether we are going to ttc or not. :( I am worried that we wont have the money to pay for a second child in daycare.

Money troubles are some of the worst. We too ran into some money difficulties after my mc. The DH lost his job! We are still TTCing but it is stressful with so many question marks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->