1st month TTC after a miscarriage

Going by your lmp Friday, October 30, 2015 :D you can join us in October Owls when you're ready too xxx

Congratulations cl59. I'm super happy for you. Will you get an early ultrasound?

Well I'm rather excited too because I think af has started today. It's just spotting at the moment so hopefully it will get heavier soon. I didn't ovulate at all last cycle (fresh from erpc) so my body clearly wasn't ready for any ttc yet.
I have to go for blood tests on cd2 to 5 so hopefully will go get them done on Wednesday. They are more tests investigating my mcs.

Congratulations cl59. I'm super happy for you. Will you get an early ultrasound?

Thanks :) Not sure about the scan yet. I would like to but I have an appointment with my doctor this morning so will see what she says.

Well I'm rather excited too because I think af has started today. It's just spotting at the moment so hopefully it will get heavier soon. I didn't ovulate at all last cycle (fresh from erpc) so my body clearly wasn't ready for any ttc yet.
I have to go for blood tests on cd2 to 5 so hopefully will go get them done on Wednesday. They are more tests investigating my mcs.

This is good news! Hopefully your body is getting back to normal. I hope you get some helpful information from the tests. Keep us posted!

So this morning I saw my doctor who says that according to my lmp my edd is 31 October, but we agreed this is probably a few days early. She said that because I had a mc last time they will scan me early at 9 weeks. I'm going to see how I feel but I may go for a private scan at 7 weeks (last time I mc at 6w so I want to get past that point).

The doctor reassured me that there is absolutely no reason why this should be anything other than a completely normal pregnancy, so I am trying to be positive and not worry. I'm doing ok so far but I've only known for a day! One good thing is that I haven't had the terrible cramps that I got last time - yet, hoping they don't come back.

Thanks for all the support, this really is a great place. I am here for you all too.

Cl59, I know how easy it is to be terrified! It's always in the back of my mind, too. But this time will be better for us.

Our due dates are close! Nov. 6 for me.

I haven't even called a doc yet. My clinic told me last time they won't get involved before 8 weeks. I mc'd at 5 last time. Maybe I should find a new clinic.

cl59 and dill congrats! how long were you ladies ttc after MC? I finally got AF this week and im feeling positive about things happening this month!!! I want a thanksgiving baby ;)

I would see about another dr just in case you can be seen earlier..

I got pregnant with this one straight after mc in dec. im 8weeks

Cl59, I know how easy it is to be terrified! It's always in the back of my mind, too. But this time will be better for us.

Our due dates are close! Nov. 6 for me.

I haven't even called a doc yet. My clinic told me last time they won't get involved before 8 weeks. I mc'd at 5 last time. Maybe I should find a new clinic.

I hope you're right - fx for both of us and everyone on here still waiting for their bfp. Our dates are very close :) I think I'm more like 3/11 according to suspected ov date.

I'm in the uk and here we are told to go to the doctor (gp/family doctor) as soon as you know you're pg. They will the refer you to a midwife who contacts you for you first ante natal appointment between 6-10 weeks. First scan is between 11-14 weeks. If you think another doc will see you sooner then no harm in going elsewhere.

cl59 and dill congrats! how long were you ladies ttc after MC? I finally got AF this week and im feeling positive about things happening this month!!! I want a thanksgiving baby ;)

I wish you lots and lots of luck! I have been very lucky and actually got my bfp before my first af, exactly one month after my mc. But I think I had a fast physical recovery because the mc was early (6w) and the bleeding stopped completely after one week, with my HCG dropping very fast too. We weren't trying but I didn't want to use contraception - it took us 6 months last time so I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. Fx you will catch quickly - I guess it's true that fertility can increase after a mc for some people.

Bernie, 2nd cycle after my chem, 5 months after the D&C (Sept.) to resolve the big MC in August.

Thank You Ladies! thats very encouraging! We were not preventing before AF showed up either so I was kind of hoping it would just happen but clearly my body wasnt ready and thats ok.... I'm excited to get back to really trying this month and so is hubby. This last pregnancy was our first and we had not really been trying, we just went off BC pills and it happened in only 2 cycles so Im hoping it will be even faster if we BD a little more than last time! Hoping for good things for you ladies this time around!!!

Bear in mind that two totally healthy adults can still take 6-12 successfully ovulatory cycles to conceive, so don't be discouraged if it takes a little longer than you'd like! I'm a big fan of the "carpet bomb the egg" method, though. :lol: We BD'd for a week straight this cycle!

Hiya peeps,

I had a miscarriage recently (started light bleeding Sat 14th Feb then by Wed I was over the worst and was at the tail end of complete miscarriage-EPU scan confirmed baby gone��). I would have been 10 weeks but think baby died much earlier. I was told I may bleed into next week but my bleeding has stopped completely.

I just wondered when is the best time to 'get jiggy' again, I am a bit scared as don't want to put myself at risk of another miscarriage.

When did you get back into it?

Hiya peeps,

I had a miscarriage recently (started light bleeding Sat 14th Feb then by Wed I was over the worst and was at the tail end of complete miscarriage-EPU scan confirmed baby gone��). I would have been 10 weeks but think baby died much earlier. I was told I may bleed into next week but my bleeding has stopped completely.

I just wondered when is the best time to 'get jiggy' again, I am a bit scared as don't want to put myself at risk of another miscarriage.

When did you get back into it?

So Sorry for your loss. :hugs:
The dh and I started bding again after 2-1/2 weeks. I wanted to make sure that my cervix was closed so I didn't get an infection. I was very emotional for me the first time we dtd. I was bawling...so you might want to watch out for that. I didn't think I was that upset about the MC before we tried. So guess it released all those inner emotions. We are ntnp this cycle as we wait for af to arrive. I'm 4 weeks past and no sign of af yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->