1st pregnancy vs 2nd pregnancy.. Please share your experiences..

Nantia

Reaction score
Hi Girls! I am 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant in second baby (23 days after positive ovulation test). I am very worried because i have no symptoms! In my first pregnancy (22 months before) i had for the first day of my late period many symtoms like sore boost, mild cramps like period... Now nothing! Why? Does play an important role that i have already been pregnant in the past so my body is "familiar with" all that symptoms? Tomorrow i m going to have another hcg test and talk to my doctor and make an appointment. Thank you.

1st tri was quite similar for me with my 1st two babies and my 3rd was different.

1st baby - no symptoms until 6 weeks, 2 big bleeds one potentially being the loss of a twin, but to this day wasnt sure, hcg was in the 1000s, mild nausea and sickness until 14 weeks, felt pretty healthy and good throughout, straight forward 7 hour labour, Baby was a girl

2nd baby - no symptoms until 6 weeks hcg in the 100,000s, had a big bleed, terrible sickness for 40 full weeks, easy induced labour but infection and placenta troubles afterwards. Baby was a boy

This baby - hcg was in the 1000s, raging heartburn and acid reflux from 7 or 8dpo, had to take a test based on this! Reflux lasted until 8 weeks when the pregnancy sickness kicked in, worse I've felt in all pregnancies, tiredness was more extreme, couldn't function, and still cant at almost 23 weeks. Acid reflux still ruining my life and I still throw up sometimes, had a bleed at 13 weeks. Baby also a boy but I honestly thought this baby was a girl until I found out otherwise

:)

1st- DS- NO Symptoms.
2nd- DD1- symptoms early and stopped around 2nd trimester
3rd-DD2- symptoms early and lasted through all of pregnancy
Angel DS- symptoms early and then disappeared

This baby- symptoms around 5wks and went away around 10wks.

With my second I wasn't trying so had no idea I was pregnant until 7 weeks and even then symptoms didn't start for another few days but with my first I had a whole bunch of symptoms from 3 weeks.

DS1- some light cramping like my period was going to start but never did.

No other symptoms at all until 8 weeks where I started getting some cravings. Also had Gag sessions right in the morning & had to make sure I ate something the moment I woke up in the mornings. Once I ate I was totally fine the rest of the day. Never puked.

DS2- exact same as 1st just the cravings leaned towards fruit/veggies.

Pregnancy 3(only 9 weeks)- this 1 is different for me. I feel run down & tired way more from early on this pregnancy. No gagging sessions but nausea every couple days or so for half the day alternating either mornings or evenings starting at 5 weeks. Some craving but mostly heavy aversions to foods all the time. It takes me ages to figure out what to eat and usually it’s something I do not have in the house. I’m convinced This is a girl but who knows.

In Canada you don’t get HCG tests unless you went the Fertility treatment route. So I have no idea what my numbers were.

I am on pregnancy number 3 and i would say my symptoms have been really similar every time. Sore boobs before a positive pregnancy test. Nausea kicking in about 5 weeks easing off by 8 weeks (previous 2 - i am only 5 weeks now). Then just tiredness.

I found pregnancy harder second time round, more tired, bigger, and was a boy and my body rejected his dna so had terrible itches all over for the last 3 weeks.

I think everyone is different, could be purely a different pregnancy, possibly different gender etc? Thats good you can see your doctor and get a hcg test, hopefully all goes well and it can put your mind at ease

Every pregnancy is different hon.
I had hardly any symptoms with my 1st but I had bad sickness with my 2nd.

Just because ure having no symptoms dont mean anything is wrong.
I've had 3 Misscariges and with all 3 I had loads of symptoms. Bad nesusa and tiredness but I still went on to miscarry.
Where as some womon have no symptoms at all but go on to have healthy babies.

Also at just 5 weeks it's so so early hon.
Most symptoms start around 7 or 8 weeks.
I had tender boobs and mild nausea very early on and then it all just vanished and I was really worried. But it soon returned again when I hit 11 weeks it was so bad and only eased of at 16 weeks.
Make the most of the no symptoms hon because by next week they cud be back with vengeance.
U cud book urself a early reassurance privet sca . But they wont do them b4 6 weeks because u wont see much that early. But from 6 weeks onward u can sometimes see the HB.
I'm sure all will be fine
Wishing u a very happy and healthy 9 months

Thank you Girls! I am waiting for the hcg results.. Hope to see a big number and release my fears until our first outrasound...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->