2 years old with swollen glands/lymph nodes???

rachael22

Reaction score
2 years old with swollen glands/lymph nodes???

I took my little boy down to baby clinic this morning and ask the HV about a little lump in his neck that has been there for over a year its never botherd me or my LO up untill I asked a family member about it and they said its best to get it checked out!? Anyway I did they HV referred me to a doctor in the clinic at the tym .. He checked his weight and how he was and all was fine weight and he's being himself .. He also check other areas . And found two little pea size lumps each side of his groin to whicj I never knew they was there I was only aware of the 1 on his neck.. Neway the doctor said they feel fine like normal glands in a baby and I've gotta go back next month just for a quick check up on them to see if they have grown .. The 1 in his neck haven't grown as long as I've been aware of it.. So have any of you mums had this type of thing happen to your LO's I don't want to google really so came on here for a bit of advice.. Thankyou X

My lo doesn't but I've had one next to my ear never grown for over 7 years Ive had bloods ect and it's jut one of those things alot of people have them. X

My lo doesn't but I've had one next to my ear never grown for over 7 years Ive had bloods ect and it's jut one of those things alot of people have them. X

Thanks for your reply.. So in some ppl they can be felt? The 1 on his neck haven't grown in the whole time I've known it to be there it oves baout freely as the doctor pointed it it wudnt move if it was anything serious I just hope it disssapears soon as its been there a while I'm not sure about the 1's in his groin as I never knew he had them there :(

Yep it's perfectly normal for some people to be able to feel them. Mine also moves around freely and doesn't hurt. It's just the same as sone people who have lumps in there bust caused by glands they don't go. X

My friend's little boy has one in his neck since he was 18 months he's now 5. The ones in his groin came up too & stayed for about a year. Doc says its not anything to worry about x

Do not Google hun, my friend did & was in tears x

Thankyou for your reply.. I was close to tears yetserday will worry all sort were going thro my head! Your post has made me feel better thankyou Xxx

When I was 14 I thought something was wrong because I felt little lumps up my neck, in my groin, etc.

I had never even tried feeling them before, so I can't say whether they've always been like that, but I am guessing they have. Anyway, upon mentioning it to a doctor they put me through SOOOO many tests. Turns out that nothing was wrong, and they pretty much knew that, but guess what? They got paid A LOT of money for those tests from the insurance company.

Go figure.

Anyway, I had no symptoms of any illness. They weren't sore, and they weren't very large at all (about pea sized). I can still feel them to this day!

Do not Google hun, my friend did & was in tears x

I second this. Do NOT Google!!!!!!

When I looked it up, I convinced myself I had lymphoma or something like that. And I certainly did not.... but it made me crazy and a hypochondriac! I have since learned NOT to Google!

:flower:

Thanks you soo much for your time to write back :) I'm not worrying as much now they r pea sized and do move about the doc did sey the wouldn't move and be very hard if were anything serious and u lovely ladies have made me feel bettter with your stories Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->