2 yr Check???

Panda_Ally

Reaction score
We got a letter yesterday from the health visitor saying she is going to visit for Holly's 2 year check next week.

Did anyone else's LO have one?

NONE of my friends have had one for their LO and its got me a bit worried.
:wacko:

Here they have them at 8 months then 2.5 years :) x

No :shrug: We've not had a 'check' since 16m and that was just got she got her mmr. wasnt even a dev check at all.

The Hv that did Skyes 8 month check said the next one will be at 2 years :flower:

yep we have them here, just waiting for our letter to confirm Chloes

my friend who's LO has just turned two is having one soon...i've not heard anything about whether isabel will have one :shrug: if isabel doesn't then i do suspect my friends LO may be having one as is flagged on health records due to being 5 weeks premature, but who knows! :shrug:

Holly last had a check a few days before her first birthday.... her red book says 'optional 18 - 24 month check' but she is 26 months now!!

We have them here; they're normally done between 2 and 2 1/2 years old. Alyssa's is this Wednesday :)

My nephew had his 2 year check up at 27 months so its not totally unusual, They just do weight, height etc etc then they get some free books -think thats about it

yup ds2 had his the other week, she jsut checked hight, weight, speech development and any other problems i had.

Yep we have one booked too, in 3 weeks time so Freya will be 2yrs and 3 months ish.

I think it depends on where you live. I asked my HV if my LO's would be having a 2year check, but no :nope:

Erin had hers at 2 and a half. They did quite a few tests / activities with her. xx

Thanks for all the replies! I feel better now! Thought i was being singled out or something!!!!

My son is not that age yet but I can say that he had one at around 6 months (if my memory is correct) and he is having his year check next month. I was panicked as to why he had to have it, yet no one I knew (even in the next town over) was having one but it turns out that it just depends where you live as to when and how often you have them. I did get really worried though with the first letter and it was basically weighing him, asking a few questions about what he could and could not do development wise and she gave us a bag with a toothbrush and books in so I was worrying over nothing. The place I live has them more often than a lot of places though and you are quite close in area I bet (I live between Nottingham and Derby).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->