20 week scan tomorrow!

Pingu

Mummy to 2 xx
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow :happydance:. Do I need to drink water before the scan?

I had a letter from the hospital for my 12 week scan advising me that I had to drink a pint of water but not had a letter through this time.

i was the same...didnt get a letter saying i had to drink water, but when i got there i wanted to go for a pee and they told me not to!! it does no harm to drink water before, but at the same time, it's not totally neccessary i dont think

good luck, hope you have a brilliant day tomorrow x x

Thank you, I will drink water again just incase!

So excited :)

I was told to drink a large glass of water before mine,they say it's easier to get better views on the scan ???
Good luck :0)

at my 20wk scan with my daughter , i was told it wasnt nescessary but i had a btl like i normanlly do, so i just suped at that..best of luck xx

i didnt get told to with Riley, but i did anyway but he wasnt in the right position so i had to go back after a walk, and i had a wee in the mean time and the scan was deffinitely much clearer with a full bladder! i also ate a mars bar before because i was told it made baby more active. and he certainly was!
good luck!!! x

:happydance: Enjoy your visit with the little one tomorrow!

ETA: Hey! We're due the same day! :thumbup:

Good luck with your scan tomorrow.

I didn't drink as much water with my scan at 17 weeks as I did with the one at 12 weeks and got very clear pictures.

i wasnt told to drink any water before hand but as many others did, I did drink some water, I also drank some orange juice because I was told it would make the baby more active. Good luck tomorrow

Hi there! You dont need to have anything in your bladder at this stage. Goodluck tomorrow! Be sure to update us :):)

Thank you for your replies :) I will drink water and I will also have some pepsi to make baby more active. So excited but really nervous too! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->