2010 Baby

they have have changed the nursing course here to degree level only Berniep, dunno if that makes a difference, but I still have a lot of my books and stuff and will help on what I can...
If it is nursing that u really want to do then there are ways round the mat leave, and the bursary would probably be around what MA is...
If u want to chat about it u know where I am :hugs:

Raz I have everything crossed for u :hugs:

Well, afm, went out with a few girls from work last night which was nice, even though I did leave fairly early so they could commence the messy stuff... it was also far too cold to be out and not have the warmth of alcohol to keep me going

Oh and getting lots of pains yesterday... from just below my naval into my pelvis, so hoping and thinking that they are more streching pains and things getting ready to move up...

just contemplating getting sorted for a friend coming round for tea tonight now...

Have a good weekend all :flower:

Hello ladies,
i've just popped on quickly, got a busy day today.
Raz, i hope she stays away, good luck x
Kelly, yay for 2nd tri and yay for finding reasonably priced u/s gel you don't have to worry about using it now. What will you do if the pre-natels are the culprit? over here they don't push you to take anything thru-out your whole pregnancy they just strongly recommend folic acid upto 12 weeks, i've only ever taken folic acid nothing else and us brits seem to have healthy babies, your in second tri now so if you cut them down or stop them i can't see there been a problem x
Hope everyone else is ok, especially Shawnie, i'm about to take the cat to the vets to have her stitches out and then i'm off to work will be back on later. As for the whole career problem, i'm seriously thinking about doing the teaching assistant course brcause even if i don't get to have another baby the hours and holidays are great for the 2 i've got now and then as they get older and hopefully their bro/sis gets older too then look into doing one of my other ambitions i've still got 30 plus years left to work so i could still do my dream job for a good 20 plus years once the kids are older and don't need me so much, so thats my plan i think x

It took me that long to type mine Mum2b you posted while i was doing it lol
Thank you for your advice i still really want to do Nursing i'm sure you may have noticed from how much i talk about it when i see you, but i need to do one thing at a time and if i don't have a baby soon i'll be past it lol on the other hand if i don't get pregnant in the next year or 2 i will admit defeat and go into nursing earlier than planned iykwim.
Have a lovely weekend, your pains probably are stretching try not to worry about them x

Sounds like a plan berniep!
Mum I had some serious stretching pains earlier this week I would have rated the pain a 7 or 8 at times and they went away, took a good 3 days though. I am pretty sure they were stretching pains. Has doppler come yet? I am so excited for you! I want you to find the HB so you can relax and have some fun.

I'm tired today ladies and i think i hurt my back at work its really sore i'm sat with a heat pack on it. I've been looking at teaching assistant courses online 2nite, i'm going to print off the details and show the kids headteacher to see which she would recommend, i'm also going to see about volunteering 2 mornings a week to get some experience. Well i'm off to do my rounds bye for now x

oh kind of update on shawnie, baby is out they are in hospital and thats all we know. I guess baby will be in NICQ or baby ICU. Hopefully we'll hear more soon.

Think your doing what's right for you! Sounds like your figuring it out.

Hope your all doing well!

afm very tired and ready to go back to bed! DH totally woke me up at 1:40am and I couldn't go back to sleep. So maybe I'll get a nap this afternoon.

:hugs:

Thanks csunshine if that was aimed at me, i hope i'm making the right decidion x

I'm thinking of Shawnie and her little baby, i really hope everything is ok, keep us updated as you can Kelly x

I know what ur saying about sleep Csunshine, my DH has gone out with my brother and a few others, he is staying at my brothers tonight unless he has enough practically sober (which I am guessing he hasn't by now lol) as to not wake me when he gets in cos it isn't worth the strop I will pull if my sleep is broken... the best bit is that I am taking them both to see my grandmother tomorrow for the day... and leaving fairly early (well nnot early if u haven't had a good night out on the beer :rofl:)

Doppler still not here Kelly, am guessing it will arrive on Monday now as I know it was posted wednesday or thursday

Am really peed of with our local hospital trust (and coincedentally the one I work for) as put in the complaint last november, agreed response date was mid Jan initially, due to staffing and communication (hmmm mirror the issues that I am complaining about) were supposed to have got response by yesterday but not heard anything :hissy:
I can feel rather a strong response in return to theirs when it eventually gets...

No pains today happily, just really aching (.)(.) and indigestion, must remember to take the gaviscon with me tomorrow, I always end up with indigestion from Grannies cooking so am expecting tomorrow to be no different apart from worse ;)

ho well, am glad that tentative news is ok about Shawnie :hugs:

good luck with trying to get advice from the head teacher Berniep :)

This post is one shawnie put up today or last night verbatum: morning ladies. i actually feel a little better. I am still on O2. They took tests to see whats bugging me lol. Kaylee was takin off the vent and they are going to do a spinal tap to check for mengitis. I cant wait to show you the picutes. I cant upload on here. Ive been so sick i've not been able to go down and see my LO. They keep telling me shes an active one. She will be on cafine pills for a while. once the tests come back then I'll know when i can go see her. I've been pumping and got a nice amount for being a begginer. Hugs to all. gota go do a breathing treatment and rest xoxoxo

Hello ladies,
How are you all?
Kelly, was Shawnie ill then? i hope her and LO are ok, how are you today? x
Mum2b, how was your visit to your gran's? hope you had a good day x
Csunshine, how are you? x
How is everyone else? hope your all ok x

AFM i managed to upset my dad today so i'm waiting for my lecture, it'll come next time i speak to him on the phone or even worse he'll wait till i see him in person, not looking forward to that, i told him a few home truths about how he treats me and my sister differently oops i'm regreting it a bit now. I babysat for my sister while they decorated the new house but ended up riving my sister round for paint (in my dad's car) and helping paint too so i wasn't left fed up holding the baby i got to do stuff, which was nice. Well i'm off to do my rounds and then i'm off to bed, night x

I am not sure if she is sick, maybe has a virus, she said she would keep us updated and as she does I will copy and paste the posts here. From what I gather her baby is doing well and fighting hard.

that's good to hear Kelly

I think that has been building up for a while Berniep :hugs: at least u got to do some of the more interesting stuff :)

Morning all, will read the thread and catch up a bit more at home but wanted to check in. AF got me on Saturday so i am out this month.

Glad it looks like the baby is doing well xx

Hello ladies,
How are you all?
yeah it has been building up for a while Mum2b, i'm usually good and don't say what i think but i did yesterday and regret it a bit now but its done now. How are you? x
Raz, sorry witch got you :hugs: x
How is everyone else? hope your all ok, thanks for keeping us updated on Shawnie Kelly x

Well i lost 1 and a half lb's this week :happydance: and thats after having cake with mum2b last week, still loads more to go though. Well i better go get ready for work, will pop back 2nite x

:wohoo: well done Berniep :wohoo: did u talk to the head teacher today?

big :hugs: Razcox, so what are the plans for this month?

afm: have wobbled and just spent the last few hours at EPU, full update is in journal, but long and short is that I have to wait it out again, the people that set up and resource EPU obviously haven't mc'ed :hissy: anyway after being good and not playing the systen tomorrow we are, DH knows the head MW that runs the scan clinic and we are to phone her tomorrow and see if we can bring the dating scan forward to this week
O and my mw is officially SHIT and hasn't returned my help message from 8.30 this morning :grr:

I had a bit of an interesting morning to only with my GP out here you see your GP till about 22 to 26 weeks then are shifted to an ob/gyn or delivery doc if you don't elect to have a midwife from the beginning. Anyway I think I will be switching docs. It might help to know that my family doc opened her own clinic so I was switch to another fella who is quite nice but now that my old doc had opened her clinic I want to go back to her. Rest in journal takes ot long to re type.

Here are some more posts FROM shawnie

i am goiing mad lol I saw her from a bed laying down for 5 min on friday then thats it.. havent touched her yet. I am pumping milk to send down to her. They always check premies specialy this age for everything. Hope they find out on tuesday whats up with me so I can start to go see her.

thanks ladies. I am resting alot, they are kinda making me so have not choice. might have phnemonia how ever its spelt, im in a secure room and everyone must wear masks. crazy shit. still on o2 have a fever too. blahhhh

Mum I knew he was off his rocker! I am not worried cause I hear the HB and know it's higher then 120! You would just think being a doctor that he would know what an aortic pulse was and a baby's pulse! As I could hear the pulse coming through I could feel my own heart beating in time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->