• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

How is everyone doing with the weather, ladies?

We have around 4-5 inches of snow lying outside, it is beautiful although not so great of course if you want or need to go out.

I got my 1st mw app on jan 21st, will she book me for scan? I will be 8 weeks when i see her

Yes she will.....but mention it anyway to make sure (if only for the purpose of reminding her) :thumbup:

And if you dont get anything in the post within a few weeks of seeing her...phone her.

(ive read of so many with rubbish MWs or mega busy MWs so keep on top of it so you know it'll get done. I'm lucky I live in a town in north wales that you end up knowing most faces so i pretty much knew i'd get the same MW with the feeling of a personal service iykwim....not so lucky to choice of Jobs though...swings and roundabouts as they say...)

xx

Hello ladies, been a little AWOL as felt soooo ill yesterday. Dragged myself into work but couldn't eat, and when I got home I went straight to bed at 5.30 :haha: managed an apple and two pieces of toast :dohh:

Just come home early from work today as the snow is pretty bad and can't think of anything worse than being trapped at work :rofl:

Have also had cramps quite regularly to the ladies who said they have been - sometimes quite acute but never any bleeding so figured I'd wait til my scan - which is next Thursday incidentally WOOHOO!!!!!

And the question on scan/midwife - my midwife sent off the referral for a scan after our appointment, and said a date should come through within a week (mine was around Christmas so took a little longer).

Hope you are all wrapped up warm and taking care if you have snow and ice! :hugs:

How is everyone doing with the weather, ladies?

We have around 4-5 inches of snow lying outside, it is beautiful although not so great of course if you want or need to go out.

Hi hun :hugs:

Hubby went to work for 6am and he said there was a fair bit of snow around then... he does work at the foot of Snowdon though (same place as me)! We live 7 miles away and its coming down pretty heavy for the past 1hr so i think he'll be sent home soon.....not much use as he finishes at 2pm anyway :dohh: We have a mountainous (sp?!) area so i know schools around here are shut and a lot are snowed in up in the hills.....

We need to go shopping this afternoon though.....might go tomorrow instead...

xxx

Penguin, :hugs:

Regarding the scan appointment: Can you tell the midwife what times are good or not for you or do you just get sent an appointment and have to take that? Or can you ring them once you have your appointment to rearrange if necessary?

I imagine it might differ in places - I just got mine through the post, the midwife couldn't specify good times etc but you can ring up and rearrange.:thumbup:

We've got a couple of inches of snow here - glad I'm at home today! Even the dog doesn't fancy going outside, she's sick of all the snow and ice too!

I don't see my midwife until I'm 10 weeks, I'm hoping she'll organise the scan before then as I know my local hospital always makes people wait quite a while anyway. I'm not stressing too much at the moment because I've got the private one booked, but know that I'll be desperate again by the time 12 weeks comes around!!

Regarding the scan appointment: Can you tell the midwife what times are good or not for you or do you just get sent an appointment and have to take that? Or can you ring them once you have your appointment to rearrange if necessary?

Most of them will reschedule if they can but you may find the alternatives arent that god for you either....

We got our Nuchal scan date today and its 21 Jan - unfortunately that is the day OH flies back from US, the next date they can offer is 25th Jan which means we wont know all is ok the weekend of the 23/24 when we are having a party for my Dad's bday. We have decided to keep the original one and try to get him on an earlier flight....as the 21 or 22 Jan are the perfect date for our Nuchal Scan to be most accurate.

All is starting to seem so muc more real....

I imagine it might differ in places - I just got mine through the post, the midwife couldn't specify good times etc but you can ring up and rearrange.:thumbup:

You get the time that the hospital allocates but like pinkandfluffy said you can rearrange if you want to.

xx

Most of them will reschedule if they can but you may find the alternatives arent that god for you either....

We got our Nuchal scan date today and its 21 Jan - unfortunately that is the day OH flies back from US, the next date they can offer is 25th Jan which means we wont know all is ok the weekend of the 23/24 when we are having a party for my Dad's bday. We have decided to keep the original one and try to get him on an earlier flight....as the 21 or 22 Jan are the perfect date for our Nuchal Scan to be most accurate.

All is starting to seem so muc more real....

Aww...how exciting...only a couple of weeks and you get to see him/her...:cloud9:
AND you get to move to 2nd tri...

xxx

Hubby is finally home....took him an hour to do a 10 minute journey because work doesnt want to send anybody home as they lose valuable production time......ar**h*les!! :growlmad:
And i get to back there in 2 weeks :cry:

xxx

dr cancelled my appointment coz of snow:growlmad: but she gona pass my details on to midwife without seeing me:happydance:

At least that's something costgang!

My doctors app was very much an anticlimax so I guess you are skipping the boring bit!!

I've been offline cos still no bloody internet in my flat, grrrr. But in GOOD NEWS I have found a new flat today and move NEXT MONDAY! Arghhh. Stressful start to the new year, but at least I will be warm and snuggly somewhere much nicer this time next week!

Aaaand 10 weeks tomorrow and still no sign of midwives. Am thinking I should ring my hospital's antenatal clinic and chase them... hmmm!

MrsMils, how scary you fainting! Hope you're feeling better. I had a few days of horrible AF type cramping last week, for a few days which really scared me, but it seems to have passed now. Hope yours has too xx

Hi all. Glad your oh got home safely Penguin. The snow has started to fall her but seems to have stopped for a bit so we got home without too much hassle.

Jetters - I would def call to chase. It's crazy that you haven't heard from them yet.

Jetters - yay to the new flat!!!:happydance: I hope you get moved in and settled quickly. I'm so jealous that you're 10 weeks already!

I've had the laziest day ever - just pottered around the house etc, so we'll see whether I get cramps again tonight, I had them last night but not as badly as the previous couple of nights thank goodness.

I was very excited this morning to find that I have sensitive boobs - so pleased that I FINALLY have another symptom!! Whoop whoop!

Hi Ladies,

Penguin, glad OH made it home safe.

Jetters, hope the move goes well and please chase the doc.

Pinkandfluffy, my doc appt was anticlimax as well.

Costgang, hope you get to see your midwife soon.

MrsMils, I went to the doc today for my cramps and everything was fine. They did another hcg test and my levels were well over 15,000. He says that great, but didn't give me an exact number. He told me to rub icy hot on my pelvic area. And to use a heating pad on my back twice a day. I go back on Jan. 13th for a scan.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

xoxo

MrsMils, I went to the doc today for my cramps and everything was fine. They did another hcg test and my levels were well over 15,000. He says that great, but didn't give me an exact number. He told me to rub icy hot on my pelvic area. And to use a heating pad on my back twice a day. I go back on Jan. 13th for a scan.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

xoxo

So pleased everything was good for you! Not long until the scan then!

I've had my 'day of rest' and so far so good, no cramping whatsoever, usually I'd be getting pain like period pain by this time in the evening. Fingers crossed I've just been overdoing it and there isn't anything actually wrong. I'll get a heating pad tomorrow when I'm out and see if that helps - thanks for the tip!

DeDe, glad your appointment went well and everything is fine.

MrsMils, sounds like you have just overdone it a bit for the last few days. Keep taking it easy. ;)

Fish&Chips, how are you doing today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"