2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Thanks, Moggy. Most helpful. We were thinking along the lines of 4 for the cot and a couple for the pram. Do you always get a sheet for swaddling from the hospital or do we maybe need to get one? Definitely liking the idea of sleeping bags. How long can you use them for and again how many do you need? Which ones do you recommend?

Sorry about all the questions. :blush:

we liberated one and returnedit once mogster was big enough for the sleeping bag :blush:

To be honest though it is just a brushed cotton sheet which has been cut down to size and hemmed - the hospital have loads as they cut down larger sheets, we liberated ours but returned it later, know folks who kept them as a keepsake but it seemed a bit wrong...?

we had quite a few sleeping bags, if you can find a 0-3 one they are the smallest size, we found a mamas and papas one but dont think they do them in that size any more....you will want a 0.5tog or a 1.0 tog in September though and then 2.5tog for later, beware the cheaper bags as they tend to be higher togs, however if you buy the pricier ones and keep the bag they come in they do hold their value well on ebay etc.

Might be worth looking out for a smaller one on ebay and give it a wash etc as not sure where you get the 0-3 ones these days :shrug: Ebay can be a goldmine for sleeping bags as they cost a fortune brand new!

Very jealous of you getting to move to the seaside! Cant believe he is up for 2 hour commute though! Thats 4 hours a day and what if he needs to get home urgently? He will be knackered and will miss loads with Bean cos he is on way to/from work. Could you find somewhere you like less than that distance away?

There's no seasides any closer than a 2 hour commute from his work in N.London. He only works 4 days a week... and we don't live together yet as he's in North London and i'm South- it takes him almost 2 hours to get to work from mine and it's only 14 miles away :dohh: he's moving in with me (into a new place for us) down here after Bubs arrives, for a year or so, then we'll be off to the seaside :happydance:

saying that just googled it and voila!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Boum-Funny-Sleeping-months/dp/B002GKBLIW

This was the first I clicked on so bit of research and you will find the perfect bag!

Anyone else washing and sorting out all their clothes and blankets etc?

I've felt utterly weird and... um... out of sorts since I got back from the hospital- all freaked out that he might arrive early and i'm not organised or ready. I tend to be a bit of a control freak anyway, buuuut now i'm feeling panicky and so have spent all weekend washing like a maniac- all the real nappies and his clothes are drying EVERYWHERE!! I hope i'm not jinxing myself. Best to be prepared though eh?

Something like this, Moggy? https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...d-Adored-Sleeping-Bag-1-Tog-06-months(0022122)

*giggles* my belly button keeps changing... sometimes it's long and thin, sometimes it's popped out... very weird!

Tonight OH took this photo cos he said it was smiling at him :rofl: ignore the stretchies!!

https://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5981/smile2905.jpg

id love 2 move to the sea, our nearest is weston super mud. im doing all washing and sorting after holiday in 17 days:happydance: as ben keeps reminding me

cant view it Pip? I would guess so from the title...1.0 tog is about what you would want for a bubs in September, only reason i mentioned 0-3 size is that the 0-6 can come up quite big - depending on the shop! Will measure our 0-3 later and the 0-6 so gives you an idea of comparative length. you can always fold it under baby a little though so he cant wriggle down inside it!

Love the smiley belly Yas, mine still hasnt popped, it didnt last time either :shrug:

We have everything ready for Moglet now, just awaiting the Dash delivery end of June and all done, excess bugy collection downsized and pennies reinvested in Mogsters birthday gifts. Plan to have his pressies wrapped and the crib in position by 1st July just in case. Moglets clothes and beddding are washed and hanging in wardrobe or folded in drawers, the cotbed is ready made up, the sleeping bags are good to go, the toys ready, the sterilisers etc awaiting the first use. Only thing left is to put the crib in our bedroom and put sheet on it and the monitor mat under the mattress. Im ready so Moglet will no doubt be late! :dohh:

Got MW tomorrow so maybe she will give us an idea of how things are looking, think Moglet has had another growth spurt - there cant be any room left in there!

Bank Holiday Market here today, Mogster very excited as he loves having a nose at all the random stalls that come, have to buy a new spade too cos broke our old one in the garden, Mogster has now got 8 sunflowers sprouting, hoping the rest come through too so we can thin them out for him and keep the best ones...

Have a fab day all, enjoy the cooler weather whilst it lasts, we are due to get hotter and hotter this week ready for a big one next weekend! Bank Holiday DIY sales for fans anyone :haha:

weston-supermud is fab - love Clevedon just up the coast too, so old school seaside towny, shame it doesnt have proper beach bit!

Good morning and Happy Bank Holiday to most of us and a great start to the week to those who don't have a Bank Holiday today. :)

Another try, Moggy. https://https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Collections/Loved-and-Adored-Sleeping-Bag-1-Tog-06-months(0022122)

Wow, Moggy, you are on the second last box. :happydance:

I can't wash or prepare anything with the build on hold............can't believe so close yet so far. There were no more than 4 days worth of work left.....The nursery furniture is flat packed in the dining room..........:cry: Have told DH we had best sort the moses basket bedding etc at least, then if bubs does come early we are covered.......

But I am trying to keep my spirits up as poor DH is really working hard and I'm so worried about him overdoing it - he is my star. Will post bathroom pics soon tho.....the tiler was a star I think we will get him to do our kitchen and utility as well :thumbup:

Back to work this Wednesday........booooo! Bank hol market sounds good! We are off to MILs for tea tonight as they go away this weekend - she is spending her 50th birthday up Mont Blanc (having climbed it lol) - nuts! Glad I am not the only one who isn't up for a move to Oz either - so going to show DH this as he thinks I am nuts :haha:

Happy Monday all and super exciting box movers eeeeeeeeeep!

Pip that sleeping bag looks perfect! Your lil man will love it and looks good for a lightweight baby too cos has nice wide shoulder straps that will stop him wriggling down, added bonus it says suitable from 7lb upwards. Good spot :thumbup:

Wow Moggy you moving up a box seems SUPER amazing :D can't wait till we're all having babies now!

Yas, your smiley belly is sooo cute. :)

P&F, looking forward to seeing some nice pics of the bathroom.

F&C, :hi:.

Thanks on the heads up, Moggy. :thumbup:

To the ladies who mentioned about moving to Oz. Just out of interest, how do you know what jobs they were looking for?

I guess my DH knew as a lot of the guys he works with had taken up the opportunity but they have a list on the immigration website - try this https://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gen...skilled-occupations/occupations-in-demand.htm

I recall from my hols they were also desperate for hair dressers - how bizarre was that! They would take on travellers that were hairdressers for even the few weeks they were there as they were crying out for that skill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->