2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Thankies Costgang :hug:

I am sooooooo annoyed... i've been rejected for the Sure Start grant, because i'm on contribution-based ESA and not income-based. I don't even know what the difference is. Grrrrrrrrrr. I could change to income support and then i'd be entitled to it, but I.S is less than ESA. (not sure how much, will find out tomorrow).

Was really relying on that money for the buggy :'(

Thankies Costgang :hug:

I am sooooooo annoyed... i've been rejected for the Sure Start grant, because i'm on contribution-based ESA and not income-based. I don't even know what the difference is. Grrrrrrrrrr. I could change to income support and then i'd be entitled to it, but I.S is less than ESA. (not sure how much, will find out tomorrow).

Was really relying on that money for the buggy :'(

Boo :growlmad: hope you can get something sorted..... googled ESA as didn't know what it was and found this for the difference:

Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance: You may be entitled to claim contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance if you have paid enough National Insurance contributions.
Income-based Employment and Support Allowance

You may be entitled to claim income-based Employment and Support Allowance: if you do not have enough money coming in, or you have not paid enough National Insurance contributions, and you satisfy the entitlement conditions. This means that you have savings of less than £16,000 and, if you have a partner or civil partner, they work for less than 24 hours a week on average.

So if i'm reading that correctly... because I DID work and pay 'enough' national insurance contributions, i'm not entitled to the SS grant?! How is that logical?!

how about if you wait til bubs is here and then try applying? would you qualify for higher rate tax credits? you get til bubs is 3 months old to apply...so if you would get higher rate CTC then youre in...?

Sorry Jetters I know nothing about either. I have no idea what I'm entitled to but I'm guessing nowt as my dh earns a good amount. The annoying thing is our mortgage is so high as we live near London and house prices round here aren't cheap. Hey ho. x

we get diddly squat and that has taken this long to get! OH earns good money and this is first tax year ive had no salary despite not working since July 2007!

Numbers confuse me too - have never been able to figure this stuff out :dohh: hopefully they can explain it better or CAB? :hugs:

So Garry has gone on his stupid bloody holiday:cry:
And this extra load of hormones isn't helping at all!!

My bezzie friend is coming to stay for the weekend though, which will help with The Cheering Up :happydance:

That sounds nice :flower:

I am at work - working hard again as you can see :rofl:

To be fair I am waiting for academics to give me my marks or Monday will be a sad day and they will have to deal with Angry Lia :growlmad:

Happy sunny Friday all! :flower:

Happy sunny Friday/Potty Training Day 3!

Nice to see you are working hard again Missy :haha:

Where has Garry gone? Anywhere he can get a nice shawl or blanket for Bean? Is it just the 3 of them?

Think you will have a fab weekend with your bessie mate staying, also means you get a big bed to yourself for a week which is extra comfy, not ideal he isnt there to rub your feet but least you can fart etc when you want :haha: Am I cheering you up? hope so, dont like it when folks are down, spec when nowt can do :nope:

Just off to get Mogster pottied then heading out for half hour - darent go for too long in case he needs to pee, luckily town is about a 5 minute walk so quick spin around the market then home, birthday party at Mogsters best friends house this afternoon, the second of his little buddies to turn 3 - wow!!!

:hi: all and :hugs: and DO SOME WORK!!! :rofl:

Hope Mogster enjoys the birthday party - and that you have a lovely distracting time with your friend Yas :thumbup:

*is now going to do some work* :coffee: (<<<that is me working.....love this quiet time of year :dohh:)

:hi: everyone!

A few more questions for you, ladies. How many sleeping bags do you need? 2 for when one needs washing?

Also, what does everyone think about bumpers? I have just read a thread about them and am not so sure about them now.

Yas, I am sure you will have a great time with your best friend. ;)

Moggy, how is potty training going?

P&F, any pics of the house for us yet?

Everyone else :hi:

Hi everyone!

I'm so pleased I'm not the only one that has down days - thank you all for your sympathetic words :hugs:

I've been a bit better today and yesterday, no tears or tantrums so far!! I bought a couple of tops on ebay and in the Blooming marvellous sale yesterday, so I think thats cheered me up - helping me to look nicer when I feel like a heffalump!!

Yas, hope you have a great time with your mate and she cheers you up, at least the sunny weather helps!!:hugs:

Well done on the potty training Moggy, isn't Mogster a clever boy?!!:happydance:

Well, I've got to finish washing and packing for hols tomorrow morning. I waxed my bikini line last night, hmmm, it wasn't easy and doesn't look good :haha: - I won't be attempting it again until September, going to have to pay up and get someone to do it for me. Poor baby ended up being squished right across my tummy from the way I had to sit! :nope:

I hope you all have a great week, will catch up when I get back (with a full repost on my holo! :shipw: )!!

Mrs Mils, have a wonderful time with your :shipw: and have lots of :icecream:

Pip - got to be quick as Mogster wants story with Mummy tonight...

Sleeping bags you will want 2-3 depending how quick you can wash/dry them, you will also want this many of each tog, start with 2 and see how you go, if lil Pip is a sicky baby you will want more!

Bumpers - look pretty but IMO theyre no-no - too many links to SIDS for me

Potty training day 3 was FAB! He doesnt get the idea of no.2's going in the potty yet but other than one of those in his pants we have been on the potty for all wees all day (except for once when he went to birthday party this afternoon when gave him a pull-up, incidentally it was dry when we got home and he then did a huge wee on his potty!) Day 4 tomorrow and its the weekend...

Back later :hi: all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->