2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Happy 34 weeks!! Moggy to you have one of our mobile numbers so you can text when you go in to labour? x

Happy 34 weeks Moggy!!!!:happydance:

Just made a risotto, whilst it was cooking made AD and licked the spoon and whisks, so effectively had an AD starter, risotto and then AD for pud - yummy!! I gave in this time and just portioned it into two bowls, blatantly knowing that I'm going to eat it all myself!!:devil:

I took my step-father for breakfast this morning, my mum has shingles so I don't really want to go to theirs. Then spent the day doing a teeny bit of work, faffing around the house, walking the dog, napping and watching crappy tv - heaven!!:cloud9:

Cant wait now as Mogster had to put my socks on for me this morning!

:rofl: bet he thought that was loads of fun!!!

I finally got a birthing ball this weekend and oh-my-goooood it's so, so nice. (I was borrowing one but it was too small to be comfy). I LOVE it. My hips feel so good sitting on it!

Morning everyone,

Hope you are all okay.

Moggy (and everyone else too of course), do you want to do me a favour? :blush: We went into Mamas and Papas last night and we fell in love with a cotbed, but it is so expensive, currently on offer for £535.50 - ouch. Fancy having a look around for us? It is the Ocean Cot/Day Bed, preferably in Golden Oak.

Let me know what you can come up with. ;)

Thanks and have a great day all.

Woweee that is expensive! Nice though... https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-ocean-cotday-bed-golden-oak/389797901/type-i/

There are two on ebay at the mo... not in your preferred colour though.
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mamas-papas-...Baby_Nursery_Furniture_ET&hash=item43a0027a44

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-NEW-Ma...Baby_Nursery_Furniture_ET&hash=item20b1aaa185

Thats gorgeous Pip! Will have a look around for you.

Yas - how is the giving up going? I hope he's getting through the worst. :flower:

We're taking the dog to swim in the sea today - she's a bit of a wuss so I think it will involve us getting in too! :shipw:

DH is really keen to use cloth nappies, so I've been doing a bit of research - does anyone have any experience of them?

Meeeee! I used real nappies with Rory and will be using them with bubs. I have a HUGE stash and am more than a wee bit cloth nappy obsessed!!! Ask away :D

Garry is doing ok- today is day 6 but he's having a really bad day, poor bugger! Hope he doesn't cave in while he's away at work but i'd understand if he did.

Just so you all know, Lia (pinkandfluffy) is fine and ok but she's had a loss in her family, so has gone to be with them. Hurry back Lia, we're thinking of you xxxx

Where's everyone else today? Moggy? Claire?? It's BOILING hot and I hate it, gonna go for a swim to cool me down. On the plus side the 5 day weather forecast says it's gonna stay hot all week which means YAY- picnic weather for my baby shower on Saturday, wooohooo!!

Oh... just realised Moggy hasn't been online since Sunday... have given her a text! Hope all is ok.

Lydia here's my stash so far, and my changing corner!!! :happydance:

https://jetbayat.smugmug.com/photos/897803584_HFJdi-M.jpg
https://jetbayat.smugmug.com/photos/897802755_Ww93Q-L.jpg

I'm sure Moggy is fine. She said she was going to visit her Mum and Dad's this week. ;)

Wow, Yas, that is one impressive collection. How cute are they. Love your changing corner too. :thumbup:

Oh P&F I'm sorry to hear that! Hope she hurries back soon!:hugs:

Yas: That is amazing!!! I can't believe how many you have! lol We considered the cloth nappies very much...but in the end I didn't know if they were actually better for the environment with all the washing and soap etc..:nope: so we are just going to get disposable. Although I am a little sad about that.

Alright, well the time has come I am sharing our name!! LOL:happydance: We told my parents and DH's parents this weekend plus a few friends and everyone LOVED it except for Nathan's mom...but who cares right!? So our daughter's name is:

:cloud9:Peyton Sofia Sauvé:cloud9:

What do you ladies think!?? Be honest! lol

Hope everyone is well!!

xo

Brig I REALLY love it!!! It's different and has such a nice ring to it- oh, yay that you found one! xxx

Lia - big hugs hun, I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Wowee Yas - thats impressive!!! :thumbup: Well, I've looked at which brands I think I'd prefer and my favourite (having done some geeky pros/cons lists!! :blush: ) are the itti bitti pop-in ones. I like that they're slim fitting, they have the liners that look to be fuss free (with the colour coded poppers), have pretty good reviews and are also very cute! You've got some in your stash - what do you make of them?

My main worry is the washing aspect, how often would I expect to be washing? My washer/tumble drier are in the garage, not that its that much of a problem as its only a few metres from my back door, but obviously it would be easier if they were in the house. I'm figuring that with a baby I'm going to be doing vast amounts of washing anyway??!! And how many do you think I would need to buy to start off with? One site recommended 6 nappies and an additional 8 inserts (so I just change the insert if thats the only wet bit?), this doesn't sound like enough to me? I think we'd use disposables at night to start with though. Sorry Yas - a ton of questions!!

Brig - that name is absolutely gorgeous! I love love love it! :happydance: How exciting that you've chosen a name!!! Don't worry about his mum not liking it (that tends to make me like a name more when my MIL isn't keen - how mean am I?! :haha:).

We had a lovely day at the beach, dog and bump both loved it. We had a lovely picnic and swam in the sea twice (although Mildred really wasn't that keen!), about to have a nap and then go for supper with some good friends - one of whom is newly pregnant - yay!!

Lydia, thank you!! That means a lot!! lol! It was just so annoying....We weren't going to tell anyone for fear of a reaction just like she gave us. But then we were so excited we decided to share. And she was like "Um, yeah, that's alright. But you know it will change...you never know until they are born...blah blah blah".

That was my fear before too...to have her come out and then I feel like the name we picked totally didn't fit her. But now I am already calling her Peyton...that's her name...so when she comes out it will just be like putting a face to the name! :)

Happy to hear you had a lovely day!! Have a good nap!!

xo

I am so jealous, I would have LOVED to have swam in the sea today!! It's soooooooo hot :( and congrats to your newly pregnant friend!!

I am a HUGE itti bitti fan. They are probably the slimmest fitting out there, and totally dad-proof... you can get them as AIO (all in one) and SIO (snap in one)- the only difference being the AIOs take longer to dry, obviously. I'll be using fleece liners with all of my nappies just to reduce poo stains, but you don't need to really with itti's as they are super soft. If you look in the Natural Parenting section on here there is a 'nappy swap and sell' thread, and there's always itti's preloved up for grabs- when you buy one and feel it am sure you'll be converted!!! And i'll be using disposables at night, too. The downside of itti's is the cost- as they are sized (small med large) they work out more expensive than Birth-to-Potty sized nappies- but the downside of those is that they are huge on newborns. I prefer sized, personally.

Washing wise- from what I gather it's only about two loads a week. Especially if you're only using them in the day. Just get a airtight bucket, rinse off the poo if necessary then dry pail them till full. Use 1/4 detergent and that's it- not really much extra work at all. I gave up with Rory when he was six months old but that's because we were a family of six and the washing machine was NEVER off!! Now it's just us and the baby and i'm totally capable :)

If you use SIO itti's you can in theory just change the inserts if they've only wee'd, but if they are heavy wetters then you'll be changing the whole thing. Most people just change the whole nappy, like a disposable. Also being so slim they don't hold a lot of wee so they will need changing reguarly. You also can't tell if they will suit babies body shapes or not- don't just buy one type, buy a few because nappies really are like marmite. Certain types only fit skinny legs, for example.

My stash is basically mostly smalls, then BTPs for after- I am a huge fan of the new Flips! They ARE the type of nappy that you use the shell time after time and just stick new inserts in every time- completely different to itti's and they work out VERY economical!

Hope that helps- ask away! xx

P&F, hope you are okay. :hugs:

MamaBird, love the name. :thumbup: Don't worry about what others say. It is your and your OH's choice and if it feels right for you, then it is.

MrsMils, sounds like you had a lovely day out.

Jetters, I also spotted your Blooming Gorgeous bag. ;)

Where is Claire these days? She's been a bit quiet.

Everyone else :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->