2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Yas, hope you had a great time at the lido.

How is everyone else?

I have another question. :blush: Probably more for the already mums, but I am still interested to hear the first time mummies' opinions too. It is about sleeping bags again.

I know some of you swear by Grobag sleeping bags. But has anyone got any experiences with Dreampods? Are they any good? Also, coming back to the different togs. I know that the 1 tog one is for the summer months, but from your experience what months would you be using it and when would you start using the thicker one?

Hey hun...

Never used dreampods but i think they're supposed to be pretty good. Steer clear form the mothercare ones as they are rubbish.
I think it depends on room temp when you change to the higher tog..also depends on the baby in my opinion. I swapped to higher tog at end of october with jac but he had less clothes on iykwim. Use the grobag temp guide you get free with the grobag (on the back it has a guide on what tog and what clothes for certain temps)...but use your own common sense as some babies prefer/settle better when slightly colder or warmer temps.

xxx

Hello ladies :flower:

Feeling more like myself today...suppose cause its Thursday and i'm not back in work officially till Monday. :happydance:
Hubby is also doing my nut in as i cant get any sense on what we're doing car wise......:wacko:

xx

Thanks for your advice on the sleeping bags, Claire. Glad you are feeling better today. Yay for not having to go into work until Monday! :happydance: What is the latest on your car situation?

Glad you're feeling better Claire - enjoy the weekend! Hope the car situation gets itself sorted out quickly without giving you too much grief.

Hope you enjoyed the lido Yas!

Pip - I don't have a clue as obviously I haven't used them before, but my sister and good friend both used bambino merino sleeping bags, because they're merino will the retain/expel heat as needed, so you only need one weight the whole year around and just adjust clothing (they send you a useful little chart), so I bought two of those when they had a 20% off offer on, expensive, but hopefully should save me buying several of different weights? :shrug:

Right, I'm off to the shops in my pj bums to go and buy milk - I NEED Angel Delight again!!! I keep getting this horrible acid rising thing and it seems to held. Therefore the AD addiction is obviously medicinal and necessary..... :blush:

Me too Lia- it's horrible :( I want AD now too, but I can only have a little bit cos i'm actually lactose intolerant!!

I had a great day at the lido thank you... I love it there, it's the biggest outdoor freshwater pool in the UK and SO refreshing and lovely!!!!

It occured to me earlier while filling in my preggo journal that i'm actually having the best stage of my pregnancy so far- woooo! :headspin: you all know that i've had so many problems that I just can't say i've enjoyed pregnancy at ALL and I definitely still don't, but for the last 2/3 weeks i've just felt like i've cruised through... sleeping better probably helps, but just general mood is good :) yay!

Morning ladies :flower:

Pleased to say I am off work today too, much needed, though I have a driving lesson this afternoon I have nothing else planned. Doing okay keeping busy and speaking to family lots - still don't think it has fully dawned on my mum yet :cry:

Doing okay and went to cinema last night with DH which was nice - we went out for tea and the seats were stupidly low, I couldn't stand up from it, til a lady saw my struggles and showed me which chairs were higher - how bizarre?

Lido sounds lovely Yas, tempted to run a cold bath to stick my feet into today....lol. Meant to be super hot this weekend I am melting just thinking about it....

Babygros and vests hmmmmmm I am desperate to sort our clothes out as I genuinely have no idea how much of anything we have with a lot of it being stored at his mums.......:dohh: will have to remember these tidbits lol.

Bubs moving more now I think he may have been quiet because DH hasn't been around much as he always wriggles when he hears him lol.

How is everyone? :flower: my right hip has given up and hurts to walk or put weight on it now, such a fatty lol. :hugs:

Hello Dimplies!!!! Im backs - sorry to have worried you but sure I said we were off....? Couldnt get on as forgot laptop :dohh: and cant figure it on OH's phone so went tech free for the week and it was quite relaxing....:shrug: although I missed ou guys!

Great name Brig, love Sofia that was one of our preferred girl names - I too would like it more if MIL poohpoohed it, just like to be perverse!

Lia - sorry to hear about your uncle, such a shock, :hugs: ket me know if can do owt - not sure what but if you need an ear I have two any time

Claire - I got email about aquadraw too but when I checked same stock issue, the stock lastred all of about 30mins! We looked in Sainsburys twice whilst away and no luck :nope: we will find on though Im sure!

Pip - I had some Dreampods for Mogster, they are fab and very similar to grobags, the smaller size of 0-6 can seem a little snug by 5 months but with Mogster we stuck to the lighter weight as long as possible and added a layer of clothing or tucked a blanket over him, we bought the next size up in the heavier tog and we tucked the excess sleeping bag under the mattress at the foot of the cot with a rolled towel to hold the position. Also we had a cotbed for Mogster but he hated it as a bed so we ended up buying him a toddler/junior bed when we got to the bed stage - think it was the height of the higher end it scared him :shrug: Have you tried sourcing it from an M&P outlet shop or ebay? Often they are there to be found but you have to scroll through a fair bit, will try and look later :thumbup:

Prego brain has kicked in and have forgotten a lot of what I have read - dont think Yas wants me to comment on thigh forestry :oops: although am loving the idea of the lido...

Glad to be back and sorry to have worried you, got you all :flower: and :cake: :hug: xxxx

I think we all have preggo brain moggy you probably did tell us you were going :haha: tech free sounds BLISS to be fair (apart from b&b!)

And thank you - all of you, I love knowing I can pop on here it has been actually a big part of my pregnancy I think lol!!!

Good news is DH can make it to the funeral with me on Weds - he is away in the lakes for work Monday to Weds but is able to leave early to meet me at my nans so that is a relief for me...:flower:

Here's a chuckle for you all.......We just had a guy around to quote for doing our patio and a bit of blockwork up the side of the house..................bear in mind our entire driveway probably only cost £3k when we had it done.............and most of the quotes we've had for the current work have been under £1k..........and he came up with £7k :rofl: :haha: :rofl: well that cheered me up and gave me a laugh!!!!

Yay welcome back Moggy!!! :hugs: sorry for our preggo brains forgetting you were away!!!

I need your mad shopping skills actually... today I went to Mama's and Papa's with my friend to find her a pram and I ended up having a play with the new Urbo- and oooh, I think i'm smitten! VERY close call as I'm buying the Bugaboo Bee on Monday... it does EVERYTHING the Bee does, is the same size, weight, parent facing etc, but is SO much cheaper- £360 instead of £560 for the Bee. My Maxi Cosi carseat fits on it, too. There's only one footmuff though in a boring grey colour but am hoping to find one that fits it from somewhere else. I'm going to go and play with it again on Sunday to make my mind up, but so far it seems like a total winner- two hundred quid cheaper and does everything the same! Only downside is it is so new that there are barely no reviews out there on the web yet.

Soooooooooo any chance you fancy going on a shopping hunt for me for a cheap one or discount codes, that'd be FAB! :D

Oh, and Baby Shower tomorrow, wahooooooooooooooo! :headspin:

Am SO excited! Best friends, picnic, cake, wooopeeeee!

Ooooh Yas enjoy that will be lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower:

DH is currently painting in the 'nursery' :coffee: no carpets yet as the carpet stores shut when we went today but really seem to be getting somewhere now. I have told him I need pics asap as he has stopped updating facebook with them lol!!!!!

Hi lovelies.....

Pip - I want to sort out the car situation now but hubby is one of those that next year will do LOL.....it bugs me more as i know it'll be me using the car mostly while im on leave. We also differ on choices again as practicality is winning me over.....especially short term as money is tight for now as my credit is screwed while i try and sort out my ex's finances through a solicitor. ...and with going on leave soon.We have money tied up in a 5 year savings bond,..which is a good thing as would rather not spend it anyway. Have some other accessible savings we can use but dont want to use that either....but thinking we'll have to use some. Hubby has mentioned he wants to go to switzerland with footie in October...so have used the sorting out the car situation as leverege :winkwink:

Moggy - Welcome back hun :hugs: You did mention goign to parents but i didnt think you'd abandon us :haha: Thanks for trying on the aquadraw front. Pric ehas gone back up in sainsburys anyway. I will find one....as there is no rush.

Lia - Talk about cowboy builder or what.....you shoudl get him on the program :haha: Glas hubby is back for the funeral :hugs:

Lydia - Hope you anjoyed the AD :hugs:

Yas - Hope you have a great shower hun...great find on the pram..:thumbup:

Ann- Hi hun :hugs:

xxx

Yas, no bargains to be had on urbo front, another lady on CBFM Grads was looking at it but ultimately decided on sola. As far as M&P buggies go any footmuff will fit, the urbo looks funky so maybe one of the wallaboo muff/liners or even get a bugaboo one if you like the colour? Personally I love the Jane liner/muffs as theyre so simple colourwise. Also the clair de lunes ones are fab as you can have two (theyre less expensive) and choose what colour you fancy, when we bought our loola we found the cdl ones matched better! And fitted very comfortably for Mogster.

Would love to chat more now but we picked up my new Dash this morning and want to go play! :yipee:

Hi peeps!

I hope you're all enjoying the sunny weekend! :happydance:

Glad you had a relaxing time away Moggy, you did say you were away, but for some reason I thought it was only for a day - excuse my preggo brain!! Hope you had fun with the dash!!

Speaking of prams - I walked past the john lewis window the other day and spotted the bugaboo black special edition (matt black chassis), I want I want I want! I have to remind myself of the reasons why I chose the Peach over the Chameleon, I'm just such a sucker for pretty things!! :blush: DH just gave me that look of "don't you DARE even think about mentioning it"!!

AD was fabby thanks, I managed to restrain myself and had half that evening and then the other half the next day, pat on the back for me!! :awww:

Off shopping with the MIL tomorrow, she needs to get a few things for the hotel so I said I'd go with her :sleep: - hoping Norwich should be quiet because it will be when the football is on! (well, pubs will be busy, but the shops at least should be quiet!). I usually get very into the big tournament football, but I just have no patience for it at the moment, the tension makes me feel sick!

Yas - there was a bee on the JL clearance sale - really cheap, I was about to pm you, but realised that it had already sold out, grrr.... I'm hoping they might have some good baby stuff on sale when I'm in the actual store tomorrow?

JL in Norwich had a blue bugaboo bee on the shop floor on thursday....maybe it will be in the clearance.....

Dash is fab, just need Moglet out so can go for proper drive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->