2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Hi everyone!! You've had me in giggles with all of this! :rofl: I did say to DH last night that he would have to do it with me when I got to 37 weeks to try and get the baby out, his response: "What, you want to have sex in hospital??!!" (coupled with a look of horror on his face!). I had to explain that, no, I meant to get labour started! :rofl:

Happy full-term Lia! Woo hoo!! :happydance:And Yas - thats exciting!!:happydance:

The drape for the cot arrived today, so (whilst iron still out as I hadn't bothered to put it away yet) I ironed it :iron: - went and burnt my finger and very nearly my bump! So THAT is why I don't iron - its dangerous!! On the plus side, drape looks very pretty!

Hope you're all having a good Friday! :thumbup:

Yey to being full term P&F!!! And yey for loosing your plug Yas!

Hope everyone is enjoying makeup/eviction sex.

I had a moan and cry last night and feel much better now. Got told off for having a subway yesterday but I wanted a treat seeing as I've been so good and cut out my sugar. Felt a bit hard done by. :(

Aww Ann :hugs: I would have kicked off if someone told me off for having a subway to be fair, pffft!!!!

Been having some funky twinging today but don't know if it's just my body going into shock at its escape from celibacy :haha:

Officially loving maternity leave so far - so pleased I didn't work up til today as I'd originally planned :flower:

OMG I can't believe Moggy and Lia are term...Yas has lost her plug!! We are all getting so close!!! It's so exciting!
Ann sorry you are having a hard time...I have starting feeling like a huge whale. I was overweight to begin and I have put on 26lbs so far...5lbs in the last 16 days :-( I am scheduled to try and go see my MW again today at 2pm after her missing our meeting Wed. She will probably give me crap. :-(

Anyway, it's my baby shower this weekend!!! I can't wait till Sunday! I will have sure to post pictures for you ladies! :)

xo

Just got home from footie with Mogster - Im shattered!!!!!!!! How can football with 3 year olds be so knackering???? One more sesh next Friday pm then we finish til September, hoping Moglet can time his appearance so I dont miss footie....:shrug:

Its all getting very close, Im thinking Yas will be first of us to pop...not sure why:nope: but think she will be...

Are we all ready in terms of pushchairs, carseats, nurseries etc? Maybe we should make sure we have at least 2 of the others who have our number so we can keep everyone posted as to what is occurring...? Gonna be weird when we arent updating for a day or two but then guess it will mean we have a little person to focus on thats out rather than in!

Hands hurting lots now so thats my lot, catch you later maybe :hugs:

F&C, to answer your question about the pain relief:

1. Massage - No negative effect on baby.
2. Warm Bath - No negative effect on baby as long as water is not too hot.
3. Position - Positive effect on baby to get ready for coming out.
4. TENS - No negative effect on baby.
5. Gas and Air - No negative effect on baby as it leaves body approx. 15 seconds after inhaling it. Can make mum feel sick.
6. Pethidine - Injection. If administered too close to baby coming out, baby can be sleepy. Can make mum feel sick and drowsy.
7. Epidural - No negative effect on baby. Little to no control over legs. Therefore a catheter is often required. Also, risk of stitches or tears higher as mum might not have full control over pushing and help might be required.
8. Spinal - As epidural, just stronger, so legs cannot be moved at all. Can be used for c-section.
9. Birthing Pool - No negative effect on baby. Pain relief through the water. Can be combined with Gas and Air.

Both 7 and 8 increase the chances of an instrumental birth.

I don't know if you have the Pregnancy Book that came in the Bounty pack, but there is also a chapter on pain relief from page 91. If not and you have any more questions, let me know and I will see if it was covered in the class or if it is in the book. :winkwink:

Ooh Brigitte have fun at the baby shower I'm sure it will be lovely!!!!

I have a friend coming to visit on Monday and she has bought some bits too I am amassing a stock of gifts lol - she has bought something with DH in mind too which is nice (they are both sciency and nerdy so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a labcoat for baby................:rofl:). She has just done her teacher training this year so is now without income til Sept so we are having a cheapy home-made spa day :flower:

I think I am mostly ready - need to wash stuff and set moses basket up, and put baby stuff in the hospital bag. Currently working my way through the house lol, have spent the day shredding loads of useless paperwork hubby has kept from the dark ages :haha:

Probably would be useful on the numbers front - I think I just have Yas at the mo?

Pip that post is really helpful thank you :flower:

Pip thanks for info :thumbup: ask your MW if your hospital offer MEPTID - it is the same as Pethidine in the pain relief effect BUT it doesnt affect baby so baby isnt sleepy etc. Also it is really worth trying out some of the deep breathing exercises to get your through the earlier contractions, we found counting elephants through the contractions helped focus on the breathing :shrug: bizarre but it worked and I only had a bit of gas and air... hoping to do the same this time

P&F - cheapy spa day? Get some oatmeal - makes a mean face pack, mix with bit of water and on for 10 mins, salad cream of the number 57 variety makes a mean toner (leave on for 5 mins then clean off) and raspberry yoghurt makes a fab facepack for the moisturising aspect. All bizarre but true and I suffer with excema and sensitive skin so if you dont you should be well away! We used to do them at uni - I shared with a couple of greek girls in my first year and they swore by it - raspberry yoghurt first with cold teabags on the eyes, then the 5 minute salad cream tone and finally the oatmeal scrub pack with cucumber in the eyes. You will look daft whilst its on but very smooth and soft after!

Hands have gone again so will rest em and be back! :hugs:

Thanks Pip!

Have a lovely day tomorrow Brigitte. Can't wait to see the photos,

Moggy we are pretty much ready, just bits of bobs to get and my hospital bag to do.

I can't believe that we could be having mini people with us soon!!! xx

Thanks Pip!

Have a lovely day tomorrow Brigitte. Can't wait to see the photos,

Moggy we are pretty much ready, just bits of bobs to get and my hospital bag to do.

I can't believe that we could be having mini people with us soon!!! xx

Hands off Bobs bits! :rofl:

Have a lovely weekend, hands coming back but dont want to push it too much as its Saturday tomorrow and want to get out in the garden with Mogster, put 7 foot stakes in last week for his sunflowers and theyre all looking in need of taller ones....he is growing triffids!!! And bless him has learned to play frisbee :happydance:

Oh I LOVE sunflowers they are my favourite thing EVER! My aunt down in Portsmouth had some they were beautiful red ones - she didn't like them and said she had meant to get yellow but they were soooo pretty!

Up and showered but knackered - only up as know FIL is due round shortly to finish off the painting and stuff with DH. Didn't sleep very well at all last night. I think at one point I was in fact convinced I would go into labour for no good reason other than I couldn't sleep :haha:

Maybe I should go and make the kitchen look less like a wasteland before he gets here in case the MIL comes too...................:dohh:

Happy weekend ladies! :flower:

Hi ladies,

We are in the middle of packing...and I have a question, which you might be able to help me with.

I have a huge amount of Glamour magazines, pretty much every one from about October 2002 until the beginning of last year.

Is there anything I can do with them other than throw them in the bin? Is there a website for people who collect things like this or am I just clutching at straws? It is just they are in pristine condition...

I don't know. If not, I will just throw them, I suppose.

Hi ladies,

We are in the middle of packing...and I have a question, which you might be able to help me with.

I have a huge amount of Glamour magazines, pretty much every one from about October 2002 until the beginning of last year.

Is there anything I can do with them other than throw them in the bin? Is there a website for people who collect things like this or am I just clutching at straws? It is just they are in pristine condition...

I don't know. If not, I will just throw them, I suppose.

Have seen mags on freecycle, or preloved before now. I craft a bit and remember seeing 3 years worth of craft mags on pre-loved but DH wouldn't let me get them...........he thought I should add mine to the bundle :dohh:

Have also bought old issues of mags on ebay before, don't know what the market is like for glamour but thought I'd mention it in case, might be worth a squiz at ebay!

Local hairdressers/opticians/docs/hospitals/dentists might take them for waiting areas?

I didn't get a chance to do a 31 week pic, so here is the progression up to 33 weeks instead.

Attachments

• Weeks 10-33.jpg
    Weeks 10-33.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 5
Don't envy you pip - I am dreading our unpacking as stuff gradually comes back to the house from MILs and that is easier than packing :dohh:

Love the bump progress though! :flower:

I am knackered and haven't done a right lot at all today..........and how long does it take to put washing away these days????????? :dohh:

wait til you have baby stuff too!

Folding all Mogsters stuff takes forever but it does make me smile, cant wait to have two sizes of little boy stuff - wierd but its folding his pants that makes me smile, folding OH's doesnt have the same effect :haha:

Dont envy either of you packing and unpacking, we have been here 5 years and still have a couple of boxes awaiting unpacking - guess if I havent needed it so far.....Least this time all the maternity clothes wont need storing and as Moglet grows out of clothes etc we can either pass on or sell on.

Fed up of pins n needles in hands and swelling in knankles now, given up on MW doing anything as she will just say it doesnt hurt Moglet so why intervene - errr Mogster! Ah well OH home this weekend and on Monday Mogster at school in the morning then OH home to come to MW appt in afternoon, have to get through Tuesday and then Wednesday morning and Mum is coming to the rescue AGAIN - am very lucky that she will :yipee:

Having real name dilemmas now, stuck on middle name! Do any of you have thoughts for good boys middle names - havent yet settled on christian name, have a couple so variety of middles would be nice!

Gonna go for quick soak in bath and rest back/legs/knankles/hands - have to be quick cos would normally read and havent the strength to hold the book :dohh:

I think we are now going with Paul for the middle name, but I did like Thomas, and was fighting with DH as he wanted David, and I wanted Thomas.

Oliver too? I wanted that name for first name but DH not having it :nope: And James is a nice one. But that is my brothers name lol so I couldn't have it.

Are you looking for traditional / unusual?

*needs her thinking cap on*

Am debating a lie down myself as I have such a headache..........but FIL and DH still at it in the house..........poor FIL has been here since 10am bless him but upstairs is done now........minus a carpet to the landing I think :thumbup: will have to get the camera back out as utility room and spare room also pretty much finished :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->